Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cant connect to mac via router after upgrade to vista ultimate by TC
Since upgrading to Vista Ultimate i cant connect to the MAC. The workgroup is the same, my logon and password have not changed, but i simply cant connect. I have installed Windows Live One Care and have ticked the necessary boxes in the firewall seup tab. Any ideas?
February 21st 07 12:13 AM
by Malke Go to last post
3 236
How do I connect to a shared printer from Vista Home Premium? by torgrot
I have a network with three computers, Ralp and Helga are Win XP Pro and Sylvia is the new laptop running Vista Home Premium. Ralph has all the printers connected via USB ports on it. Helga can print easily to Ralphs printers. Sylvia alas cannnot. Everything I have tried fails. I enabled the Guest account on the Ralph, I created a new account on Ralph to match the account on Sylvia. I...
February 21st 07 02:30 AM
by torgrot Go to last post
0 169
netowrking between vista and xp by mikeyp1987
Ive recently bought a new laptop and wish to set up a network which has been set up using a router and configured with a cable modem. Curently have the ics host running xp. sharing the internet connection is fine, though file sharing is the main problem. The laptop is currently running vista and can see the ics host but cannot access the shared files. on the other hand the ics host can't...
February 21st 07 02:55 AM
by Robert L [MVP - Networking] Go to last post
1 193
Register for adsense by Adsense Tips
Register for Google Adsense and make thousands of dollars a month. Click here http://www.adsenseonline.info to find out how to make over 10,000 ! dollars a month using the tips and techniques only before avaliable to online professionals. Google Adsense tips that have made millions. 2 Co 5:19 - - - - And for the Adults - - - - " Free Video of Mariah Carey Bubble Bath Stripshow...
February 21st 07 07:10 AM
by Adsense Tips Go to last post
0 208
Connection to Internet by Veronica
Hi, I would like to askif someone can help me. I've recently bought a Sony VAio notebook with Winndows Vista. I also bought a Modem Router in order to get wireless connection. The problem is that when I plug the ethernet cable to the router I can access the Internet but when I unplug it the Pc tell me that I have no access to Internet. I can find the wireless connection and I can connect but...
February 21st 07 09:01 AM
by Veronica Go to last post
2 178
Vista home basic shares by RJ
I have 5 pcs setup with vista home basic. I have one pc that shares it files. When one pc opens an excel file,word or access db from the share the other pc's can not open the same file. Usually if you open an excel file you can open it again with r/o permissions. The other pc's can open other files no problem. Home basic should allow 5 concurrent connections to the same file? Or have I...
February 21st 07 02:27 PM
by RJ Go to last post
0 164
Any news on slow network transfers? by boe
I ran some tests - between PCs - Vista to XP, Vista on a domain to a file server. Both were significantly slower than XP to XP or XP to Vista. I am using different vista machines that I have duplicate hardware for for testing - so it is an apples to apples comparision in terms of hardware - only differernce if Vista. I've made sure I'm using the latest drivers for everything. I'm...
February 21st 07 03:37 PM
by boe Go to last post
0 153
Why is networking so slow? by gary
If I click on "Network" it takes about 4 or 5 minutes to actually update & show all the PC's. A file that took 5 minutes to D/L from the Internet (~500mb) takes an hour to copy to another machine over a 100 MB network. All non-Vista machines on the network are fast & do not have this problem.
February 21st 07 03:45 PM
by boe Go to last post
3 211
VISTA Networking Toubles by GHCVA
I told Eric that I would post the results of using the tech article related to trouble networking a VISTA computer to a net containing XP's and others. I used the article "File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista" and followed it through from beginning to end. Many of the suggestions I had already implemented. I found I needed to set the "Share" properties on several folders and printers...
February 21st 07 03:49 PM
by Eric Cross [MVP] Go to last post
2 169
Problem opening shares through VPN by Rolf Barbakken
I have a Windows Server 2003 with RRAS set up to receive VPN connections. The connections opens fine. I can open shares from XP-computers and up/download files. Its slow, but thats another issue. On Vista, though, I cannot open shares. I can ping the server, but "net view \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" only returns error 53. WINS is installed on the server, and the VPN-connection have WINS added on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 21st 07 06:16 PM
by Tony G Go to last post
15 402
Odd Vista Behavior by estoad2
Wireless Vista Ultimate desktop, with two shared external usb2 drives, F & G. Wireless XP Pro SP2 laptop. The laptop can access, read/write modify all files folders and subfolders on external Drive F. The laptop can see all folders on external Drive G, but all folders appear empty, clicking on them results in a permissions error. All permissions are exactly the same on both drives. As...
February 21st 07 06:43 PM
by estoad2 Go to last post
2 221
Netgear Gigabit NIC won't work right by PTravel
I'm running a mostly-XP LAN, with a number of machines connected together through a gigabit switch. Everything runs fine, including my new Sony Vaio SZ440. However, the Vaio only works at 100 mbps and if I use the built-in NIC (and I have the "slow copy across network" problem, though it sees all my machines and can access their file systems). I have a couple of Netgear GA511 gigabit NIC...
February 21st 07 07:46 PM
by PTravel Go to last post
0 196
Printer Always Offline by Robert Karp
I have two PCs (one XP SP2 and one Vista Premium), two printers, and a cable modem all connected through a linksys router. Every time I start the Vista machine, one of the printers is always offline. I have not found a way to get the printer online other than to delete it and then add it. This always works but is a bit of a pain to have to do on every start. Anyone encounter this yet?
February 21st 07 09:35 PM
by Robert Karp Go to last post
0 178
Printer Always Offline by Robert Karp
I have two PCs (one XP SP2 and one Vista Premium), two printers, and a cable modem all connected through a linksys router. Every time I start the Vista machine, one of the printers is always offline. I have not found a way to get the printer online other than to delete it and then add it. This always works but is a bit of a pain to have to do on every start. Anyone encounter this yet?
February 21st 07 09:47 PM
by Robert Karp Go to last post
0 183
Installing Novell Client on Windows Vista by Gabi Sutac
Does anyone succeded to install Novell Client on Windows Vista workstation? I tried but it's end with error. Windows does not say there will be any incompatibility but when I try to install I got an error. Thank you!
February 22nd 07 01:35 AM
by Roger B Go to last post
8 323
File & Printer Sharing with Windows Vista by AJF
I would like to file and printer share. The computer that is hooked up to the printers is running on Windows Vista. The others are Windows XP and Windows 2000. All are communicating wirelessly with the router. Can someone give me detailed directions? Thanks.
February 22nd 07 01:49 AM
by Sen Veluswami [MSFT] Go to last post
3 242
Q: best setup for a simple Server 2003, XP & Vista network by Mental
Hi, Not sure if this is the best group, but I would be grateful for any advice on setting up a new home network. Currently I run various XP machines (no domain), with 1 XP machine acting as the server (IIS, SQL, file shares etc) but with no security accounts - i.e. everything is open. Going forward, I'm moving most of the pc's to Vista Business, couple staying as XP (machine supplied from...
February 22nd 07 04:23 AM
by Robert L [MVP - Networking] Go to last post
1 190
Can't print from from wireless laptop running Vista home premium by wireless confusion
I have a wireless network set up using linksys router Sony VAIO laptop running Vista and have an HP desktop running XP. I have an HP 6400 inkjet connected to desktop. I can not print from my laptop. the printer shows up in my network but is not in my printers on the lptop and if i try to install it on the laptop it says access denied. I hooked the printer up via USB to the laptop and was...
February 22nd 07 05:23 AM
by wireless confusion Go to last post
0 195
Vista working with some XP systems by Ryan Young
I posted before and have some more information. The Vista laptop is now talking to 2 out of 3 XP systems. On the Network screen in Vista where it lists all 4 systems (including itself), the two XP systems that work show at the bottom of the screen Category: Computer, Workgroup RMOFFICE, Network Location: Home. The XP system that Vista will not talk to shows the same category and...
February 22nd 07 05:43 AM
by Sen [MSFT] Go to last post
3 214
Internet sharing with XP and Vista mix. by christophera
I am trying to access the internet through my current setup with a new laptop. My current setup is desktop pc connected via usb adsl modem to internet with a 2nd desktop pc connected via crossover cable. These 2 PCs have been getting along great, sharing files, printers and the internet connection. Both are running windows XP. The new laptop is running Windows Vista. I installed a wireless...
February 22nd 07 07:20 AM
by Surya Prakash Go to last post

From The