Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
File sharing in vista by Tiffany
Hi, I am trying to create remote file sharing among my colleagues. We want to use a desktop (with no wireless connection) with business vista as the server and create all the sharing folders in the desktop. After that, we connect to the desktop through a common workgroup. We have done all the setup but we simply can't remotely connect to the desktop at all. The error msg is 0x80070035 and...
May 2nd 09 02:51 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
8 324
Unable to Open Some Files on a Home Network by tcirinci
I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Vista OS. I created a home network and linked my desktop and laptop to the network, enabled file and printer sharing and enabled sharing on those files located on my desktop that I wanted to share with my laptop. However, although I can see all of the shared folders from my laptop, I am only able to access some files within the folders. ...
May 2nd 09 01:45 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
1 304
Internet Connected globe icon missing by TimC
Windows Vista Connection to Internet is via wireless router When connected to the internet, for the last six months I always used to get a small globe over the network icon in system tray. All of a sudden the globe is gone. The network icon status is 'access:local only' In network and sharing centre my internet connection has a red cross However I AM connected to the internet So far this is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 09 01:38 PM
by pjmoz[_2_] Go to last post
12 644
Unable to view some shared files by tcirinci
I purchased a new desktop PC with Windows Vista. I've enabled file sharing and specified the folders I want to share on my home network and I am able to see all the folders I've shared on my desktop PC from my wireless laptop. However, for some reason I'm only able to access some files within the shared folders from my wireless PC. The files that I'm able to access were created or updated...
May 2nd 09 12:00 PM
by tcirinci Go to last post
0 302
Connecting a Sony Vaio to Wireless Network by mumbles27
To all, i am not an exoert but am by no means a novice at wireless home networks but i am definitely missing something here. a friend has a new sony vaio with vista home premium installed. For some reason it will not connect to my netgear router wirelessly. I have tried everything.
May 1st 09 02:27 PM
by julien27ph Go to last post
4 461
net medic for vista? by tg
I really miss net medic, which doesn't work on windows vista, I'm lost without it. Net Medic worked on all windows from Win98 through to XP but not vista (sob). Is there any equivalent program that will do the same as net medic and work on windows vista? For those not familiar with net medic it was a data speed monitoring program, it ran in a small window and worked a bit like a speedo in a...
May 1st 09 03:58 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
5 366
IF your out there Jack-MVP I'm very new to this forum I'll start from the beginning by FrustratedMom[_3_]
To Jack MPV I have one computer and a cable router Terayon Communications System Model number TJ715X Upon initial installment the tech man spent about 4 or 5 hours trying to get my comp online he consulted several other tech memebers on his phone when he left I was still not online he said he had to send someone else out. After he left I uninstalled Norton Antivrus because I read somewhere that...
May 1st 09 03:33 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
1 346
Not Even Networked - Single Computer by susa320
:sarc: Vista just ran the Hardware Diagnostic Tool and returned error that some of my hardware is not functioning properly. TCP/IP Network Communication Test - NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. -Cable Test - Passed -TCP/IP Network Communication Test - Cannot Run I have networking disabled, this is a single computer. Shouldn't Vista recognize that? Or is there a setting for NVIDIA...
May 1st 09 03:27 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
1 301
cannot turn off or elimate IPv6 by FrustratedMom
Hi someone pleae help okay my comp was doing fine I have had Earth Link through my local cable company Brighthouse Networks for a while everything was going great until about 2 weeks ago I go to my browser and it works fine then everything freezes now I go to Network and Sharing Center and click view status it says ipv4 internet and ipv6 limited I found Vistaheads through Google I followed the...
April 30th 09 11:52 PM
by seree Go to last post
3 312
Backup from Vista to XP Home? by RichMc
All I want to do is file backup from a Vista home premium machine to an XP home machine via a simple home network I can find the drive on the network, it then asks for a password, The XP machine is set up without any passwords, I type in an arbitary one and get a not unexpected error no mapping etc... As a PC pleb can anyone post a step by step instruction as to how to set up back up from...
April 30th 09 11:06 PM
by smurfbubble Go to last post
5 282
hello! WTB SELL ME YOUR software OEM or Retail LARGE and SMALL QTY by sellussoftware
WTB: MICROSOFT OEM SOFTWARE WTB: MS WIN 95, 98, 98SE, 2K, XP, OFFICE 2000, XP, 97, 95 PRO-Vista ultimate, basic, premium Small business.. Looks at the list below. Wanted to buy.. Microsoft OEM and RETAIL Software in small and large quantities. Buying in areas of 1-2000 or more! The more the better! Here is a partial list below. Email us with what you have! Office 2000 SBE Office 2000 PRO...
April 30th 09 03:59 PM
by sellussoftware Go to last post
0 258
UltraVNC Problem by Jacob Myers
I have UltraVNC Free version and am having trouble connecting to my Vista computer from an XP computer. Now I know that the problem is with the firewall on the Vista computer because when I try it with other computers it works perfectly. I have a Dynex DX-WEGRTR Router and Norton 360 v3.0, I do not have Windows Firewall enabled. My question is: what ports need to be opened to allow the traffic...
April 30th 09 03:06 PM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
1 340
Can't Change Workgroup Name by Jack[_10_]
I have a Vista PC and an XP PC and on the Vista PC, I can not change the Workgroup to the name of my home workgroup. I get an network error message when I click on the Apply button. There are no special characters or spaces in my home workgroup name. What's interesting is that when I do a Query of the Network computers on the Vista PC, I can navigate to the folders that are shared on the XP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 30th 09 08:07 AM
by Noel Paton[_2_] Go to last post
12 452
Wireless suddenly local access only? by icepot
Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW370j which has worked flawlessly for the past 3 months I owned it. But now, I wake up and get ready to do some work on it, and the damn thing is local access only. I skyped with my dad last night, so I know it was working perfect before I went to bed. However, I believe I left it on so It might have updated something I am unaware of. I did a system restore back to 3...
April 29th 09 11:53 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 308
"WMP Network Sharing Service" crashes PC, cant configure extender. by John S[_3_]
I am trying to connect xbox 360 as media extender to Vista HP 64 desktop computer through wired router. In "Network" xbox can be seen by PC. All network configuration appears correct as I have spent hours on the phone with microsoft support. Sometimes the extender configures in Media Center but the final checkbox of the configuration process (connecting to extender) never gets checked and...
April 29th 09 11:11 AM
by John S[_3_] Go to last post
1 327
Mail settings by Erdna
I have two PC's on a network. On both I have Windows mail. In the delivery options I have set both for "keep copy on server" and "delete on server when deleted in deleted items". Question: Do I need to delete in deleted items on both, or on one of the PC's for the server to delete its copy?
April 29th 09 12:18 AM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
1 292
Remote desktop connection between vista and xp by Jacob Myers
I have a pc running vista home premium at home and I'm trying to figure out how to connect to it from a pc running xp professional. I need this to access files and such on my home pc at school thanks!
April 28th 09 08:12 PM
by Bub Go to last post
2 331
Is it possible to share Windows Media Center over a network??? by ToddinPittsburgh
I have a Vista Home Premium desktop w/ Pc-tuner card connected to my wireless-n home network. In addition, my girlfriend has a Vista Home Premium Laptop that she also has connected to the network. Right now, I am currently able to share any "recorded" content (tv shows, movies etc) and she can access them fine on her laptop (it was simply a matter of sharing the "recorded tv" folder on the...
April 28th 09 12:58 PM
by funkybluemonkey3 Go to last post
2 316
Tries to connect to network shares on port 80 by Lars Bonnesen
I have seen a couple of times that vista tries to access network shares on port 80 (using wireshark). Disabling Webclient in services or lowering it in the "network provider list" does not make any difference. Solution has been to wipe the client and start over again. Has anyone seen this issue and been able to resolve the error without reinstalling Vista? Regards, Lars.
April 28th 09 12:43 PM
by Lars Bonnesen Go to last post
0 292
networkcard activate/deactivate group policies by PhilAd
hi, i'd like to know if there is any possibility to allow a normal user to activate and deactivate his networkcard ... ... my problem is the following ... ... in my router (avm fritzbox) i configured the online-times for a computer. furthermore i installed microsoft family safety ... with a normal adminaccount he can just remove this program, so i decided to change his account to a normal user...
April 28th 09 06:10 AM
by PhilAd[_2_] Go to last post

From The