Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Vista x64 Networking question by Carol Steele
I have set up a dual boot of WinXP x64 Pro and Windows Vista x64. Absolutely no problems with setting up the network in XP x64, I can see all the other computers on the network. However when I boot into Vista x64, I cannot see the other computers, but it sees the cable internet connection on the router. Other computers on the system can see the Vista computer. Netgear WGT 624 router, two...
September 15th 06 09:02 PM
by Carol Steele Go to last post
1 546
Vista and Netgear RT314 router by Dave Balcom
This really has me stumped. I have read that as hardware routers are independent of Vista and shouldn't have compatibility issues. However, I cannot ping through my router to the outside world from Vista RC1. I can ping through the same router from another laptop (XP Pro) on the same LAN. Tracert from Vista gets to the router and stops with a timeout at the next hop. I also have remote desktop...
September 16th 06 02:46 AM
by Jerry Solomon Go to last post
1 633
usb adapter by Suzanne623
Please tell me the best type of adapter for wirless connections to another computer. Does it matter how fast the computer is?
September 16th 06 02:55 AM
by Suzanne623 Go to last post
0 609
driver to Netgear 311 wireless PCI by Flemming
Hello Is their anyone who knows a solution to the drivers for Netgear WPN 311 wireless PCI adapter. Would very much be apriciated sincerely Flemming Denmark
September 16th 06 08:27 AM
by Flemming Go to last post
0 586
Somba Struggles by me
I am having a problem that I have seen a few other places. I cannot connect to samba. I can see the computer on the network and I can even ping it (Name and IP address), but whenever I try to access it says "Windows cannot find \\gnu (or \\192.168.0.20). Check the spelling and try again. I have already changed the security policy to "Send LM & NTLM - Use NTLMv2 session if...
September 16th 06 06:33 PM
by me Go to last post
0 595
Alias computer name by jgd55
I have a computer name that was generated by Windows and do not know how to get rid of it. Some software AI use requires the computer name and it is always going out and seeing the alias name not the computer name I gave it. Any suggestions Thanks
September 16th 06 07:02 PM
by jgd55 Go to last post
0 571
NForce4 Gigabit LAN only 100MBit on RC1 ? by Sven
Hi ! I realized that my LAN Connection is set to 100MBit only on RC1 with my Gigabyte K8N-SLI NForce 4 Mainboard. It's a onboard gigabit lan. In device manager the networking card only has the speed option of 10MBit half/full and 100MBit half/full duplex. So where is 1000MBit ?? Looks like the vista drivers (nvidia has no networking drivers for rc1, they say the drivers are built into rc1)...
September 16th 06 11:12 PM
by Sven Go to last post
0 555
Sharing a Vista printer with a Mac by Jeremy
I have a HP Laserjet 1000 connected to my Vista machine, but for the life of me, I can't get my MacBook to print to it. I can connect to the shared folders on the Vista machine, but every time I try to set up the printer on the Mac, get an error that says "NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL". I've gone through all the recommended stuff from Mac boards. Does Vista not support printer sharing through...
September 17th 06 03:09 AM
by Jeremy Go to last post
0 675
Sharing printer with a Mac by Jeremy
Any particular reason why I'm having so much trouble sharing my HP Laserjet 1000 with my MacBook? I'm always getting errors like "NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL" when I try to print to the shared printer. I can access the shared folders from the Mac, just not the printer. I've tried all of the stuff that I found on Mac forums related to that error, but nothing works. Does Vista not support SMB...
September 17th 06 03:14 AM
by Jeremy Go to last post
0 589
XP Home gets "Access denied" when connecting to Vista RC1 by Jerry Solomon
I have a small LAN at home. I have the Vista RC1 machine, which I have several folders, and a printer shared. When I try to connect from an XP Home computer in the smae workgroup, I get the "Access denied" message. I know with XP pro, I had to enable guest account, or something along those lines because of the forceguest feature of XP home. The Vista computer can read and write to the...
September 16th 06 04:18 AM
by Jerry Solomon Go to last post
2 561
Can't connect to wireless network DWL-G510 by Scott
Hi - I'm currently trying out RC1-32bit (had too much trouble with 64!). Everything is working so far except for my wireless. I have a DWL-G510 wireless card that is recognized by Vista. Windowsupdate even sent an updated driver. My problem is that when I try to connect to wireless networks they all have X's with the message "The Capability of your network adapter does not match the...
September 16th 06 01:55 AM
by Scott Go to last post
0 604
Vista x64 Networking question by Carol Steele
I have set up a dual boot of WinXP x64 Pro and Windows Vista x64. Absolutely no problems with setting up the network in XP x64, I can see all the other computers on the network. However when I boot into Vista x64, I cannot see the other computers, but it sees the cable internet connection on the router. Other computers on the system can see the Vista computer. Netgear WGT 624 router, two...
September 15th 06 05:55 PM
by Carol Steele Go to last post
0 561
Vista doesn't recognize network by Vbritt
This problem has been corrected with RC1. Now I do not have to broadcast my SSID. "Vbritt" wrote: I'm DHCP all of the way. I had to open up, unrestrict, my router and broadcast my SSID before Vista would connect wirelessly. Then I started tightening up the security and I was able to turn WEP back on, re-enable MAC addressing, and get everything back except for the SSID. Once I...
September 15th 06 10:16 PM
by Vbritt Go to last post
0 585
Allow audio input to extend from client to terminal server by Kmoss
I am like to install NaturallySpeaking 9 on a terminal server and allow audio input to extend from client to terminal server. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...
September 15th 06 11:11 PM
by Kmoss Go to last post
0 561
Default Admin Share C$ by Jimmy B
I was able to access the C$ share (and all admin shares), but I had to jump through some hoops.
September 15th 06 11:58 PM
by Jimmy B Go to last post
0 518
networked computer needs a password to be accesed my computer by Dragon Doug
I can't connect to my other computer running XP home. When I click on the icon for the computerin the network window, it brings up a username/password window. I have tried putting in the machine's admin name and password, without success. I am new to the whole network thing.
September 16th 06 12:31 AM
by Dragon Doug Go to last post
0 499
Unable to connect via Remote Web Workplace by Bruce Thompson
Two of our techs are experimenting with Vista rc1 x86. Things are mostly running ok. We both are unable to connect to the vista ultimate edtiion machines via remote web workplace. Both workstations are joined to the domain and show up in the computer list in RWW. When you try to connect thouugh to the vista box, Teh message "Connectivity to the remote comouter could not be established. ...
September 16th 06 01:30 AM
by Bruce Thompson Go to last post
0 568
Can't connect to wireless network DWL-G510 by Scott
Hi - I'm currently trying out RC1-32bit (had too much trouble with 64!). Everything is working so far except for my wireless. I have a DWL-G510 wireless card that is recognized by Vista. Windowsupdate even sent an updated driver. My problem is that when I try to connect to wireless networks they all have X's with the message "The Capability of your network adapter does not match the...
September 16th 06 01:48 AM
by Scott Go to last post
0 572
Can't connect to wireless network DWL-G510 by scott t
Hi - I'm currently trying out RC1-32bit (had too much trouble with 64!). Everything is working so far except for my wireless. I have a DWL-G510 wireless card that is recognized by Vista. Windowsupdate even sent an updated driver. My problem is that when I try to connect to wireless networks they all have X's with the message "The Capability of your network adapter does not match the...
September 16th 06 01:48 AM
by scott t Go to last post
0 535
Xbox 306 wint detect wireless settings by Alex
yesterday i was on live and everything today I turn on my 360 and it wont connect to my computer it wont detect I need help please Im so confused and where can I find my ssid
September 17th 06 05:07 PM
by Alex Go to last post

From The