Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Fails to connect to network on boot, have to reset network adapter by Rowan
Frequently (but not always...) when I start my Vista Business computer, it won't connect to the Ethernet (not wireless) network. Ipconfig shows just blanks against the network adapter as follows: Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : The only way I've found to get back online is to: 1. Go to Network Adapter Diagnose and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 09 01:54 PM
by racc Go to last post
10 563
removing multiple wireless networks by whoabilly
okay, so I didn't know how to set up my wireless and the first one was unsecured network. I was trying to secure it and I did, but it made a new secured network. this morning I tried changing the name .. thinking that maybe a neighbor or something has the same router, so now I have 3 wireless networks. I need to delete the unsecured and one of the other ones. I've googled and looked in here and...
April 15th 09 05:45 AM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
3 338
wireless on VISTA problem by 99XJ[_2_]
"99XJ" wrote: I just installed a D-Link DIR-625 router, before, we had a Linksys router with no issues whatsoever. (This is in secure WPA mode, there is no problem in "unsecure" mode) My sons PC has Vista installed. He has a D-Link wireless usb adaptor. Before, with the Linksys router, hookup was as would be expected, find the SSID, click, a prompt for passphrase, sweet. Now...
April 15th 09 01:48 AM
by 99XJ[_2_] Go to last post
0 348
And yes, another can't reach DHCP. by WuggyBuggy
::Hi Barb and everyone else! :: ::I have read a lot about this problem, forums and so on. I have the same problem, I can’t reach my DHCP server, tired everything! Unchecked ipv6, netsh reset reset / catalog… reinstalled vista like 3 times, and the drivers the same thing. Disabled discovery and enabled it again. ipconfig release,flushdns and renew... yeah.. tried alot!:: ::System:...
April 15th 09 12:24 AM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
9 329
Can PAC scripts be used to configure network device properties insteadof web browsers? by Phillip Pi
Hello. Can PAC scripts be used to automatically configure network devices instead of web browsers' network proxies? If so, then how is it done? If not, then what common softwares are used to do that? Thank you in advance. :) -- Phillip Pi Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
April 14th 09 09:21 PM
by Phillip Pi Go to last post
0 363
Name resolution in Vista by SuperK
Can anyone tell me exactly what Vista (and XP for that matter) uses for name resolution when on a small p2p workgroup? With no domain or server running DNS and no longer able to run Netbios on the pc. With IP installed I can ping by IP address but what exactly is allowing me to ping by machine name?
April 14th 09 06:54 AM
by Chuck [MVP] Go to last post
8 398
gaming lag while using router. by mark hipson
i have a motorola modem and a linksys router. when i am trying to play an online computer game, i get a lag every 2 minutes. the linksys is connected to the modem and into the computer. i have a "good" connection on my wireless connection but on my LAN connection it shows up as "unidentified network" and it has "limited connectivity". my internet protocol version 4 on my LAN connection is...
April 13th 09 08:10 PM
by mark hipson Go to last post
2 330
Duplicate Vista system name and document folders. by -Tom
Twice in the past two days, suddenly, while trying to access shared folders on the Vista (Home Premium) system, I received the message, "You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network." I renamed the Vista system and rebooted. Then the old and new names appeared in My Network Places on a networked XP notebook; the original name, as might be expected, was a 'dead' link....
April 13th 09 07:21 PM
by Alcheme Go to last post
5 351
Can't stop sharing (Home Premium) by dreemsnake[_2_]
I was cleaning up my documents before doing a backup and found an old folder that belonged to my husband. Since he transferred this, it no longer needed to be on my machine so I tried to delete it. It wouldn't delete the folder because it said that it was shared. There is nothing to indicate this folder or any of the files in it are shared (no pictures of hands, etc. on the folder icon, etc.)....
April 13th 09 05:34 PM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 308
Help me get these ports open. by clselby
Ok I have virizon wireless internet through a usb aircard, and I am trying to play a game but I cant seem to get some ports open through the firewall. Is their another location to open ports? -- clselby
April 13th 09 03:06 PM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
1 319
Vista not seeing XP network... by Lardbeetle
I'm in a fraternity, and we have a house-wide network. Except for myself and my roommate, they all run XP. Those computers are all visible to each other, but not to me. I can get to the internet through the network, but not see any other computers, and neither can my roommate. I'm running Vista Business.
April 13th 09 01:49 PM
by ColdDraftBeer Go to last post
6 290
HELP!:how to transfer files between password protected computers by Vistaluver
Can anyone help? I have a "Lenovo SL500" thinkpad laptop, Running Vista Business 32bit. And a costum built Desktop PC running Vista Ultimate. Both password protected, but with the same password. I would like to transfer files vire the network. Now this wouldn't be a problem if the Reciving computer was not password protected. All I would do is open "Network" located in the start menu and then...
April 13th 09 10:02 AM
by Vistaluver Go to last post
4 285
Network Discovery Doesn't work on private network by Kym
I have 2 network connections on my computer, one is my internet connection which I've selected as a public network and the other one is a wireless network connection which I've selected as private in the Network and Sharing Center. I've looked on a few websites and they say that if you have a network connection marked as private network discovery should be turned on automatically for that...
April 13th 09 07:11 AM
by Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Go to last post
2 319
Cannot connect a Vista/Vista Combo by Justin
Hi, I have two PC's running Vista Home Premium. Both have SP1, and both have sharing and printer sharing installed. I can access the wife's pc from mine, but I cannot access mine from her's. If I type in my pc name "\\jdesktop\users\" it will pop up, but if I physically try and click on my computer's name in the network window it says \\jdesktop is not accessible. I am trying to share a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 09 04:01 AM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
12 463
Connecting to L2TP VPN on 64bit is crashing... by Scott Townsend
I have 2 machined that are Vista 64bit (all the latest updates) that are connecting to a L2TP VPN Connection. When connected to the VPN and doing data transfers, the machine will sometimes crash with the bugcheck info below... We have several other machines that conenct the same way and they do not have the issue. Any Suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 12th 09 09:10 PM
by dimagsv Go to last post
12 544
Password protected network shares in workgroup by FUNANDWILD0
Goal: 4 computers using broadband connection to internet (easy) 4 computers using workgroup on router and switch to share network shares. The second part let me explain further. I prefer to have Essentially the entire "user files" folder shared to my other computers given they supply a network password. Example PC 1 (computer name mainpc) Shares c:\users\bobpc folder
April 12th 09 01:58 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 349
TraceRt by Patrick Whittle
Hi, I randomly chose the domain below to find out my ISP's external IP address. We want to be able to have someone in Illinios connect to a desktop computer in my basement. The IP address first on the list is the internet address my router uses: 192.168.0.1 C:\Users\patricktraceRt microsoft.com Tracing route to microsoft.com over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms ...
April 12th 09 12:54 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
5 335
How do you set wireless connection for Unidentified Network? by GradeAbra
Hi, i have a "Unidentified Network(Access:Limited Connectivity)" for my gaming console(xbox360). Problem is how do i set this Unidentified Network to wireless so i can connect to the internet? -- GradeAbra
April 12th 09 08:45 AM
by sparks559 Go to last post
3 329
Problem with internet connection by unbreakbv
Hi all, I have problem to connect to internet with my laptop HP Pavilon in Window vista.These others computers at home can connect internet via my local network anyway. I can connect to my local network but the connection between router to internet has a problem.That can not identify by windows vista. I use ping command and it shows that I receive correctly packets from internet.
April 12th 09 01:34 AM
by Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 280
52 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 41135 by r4idsi r4i
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com
April 11th 09 08:48 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post

From The