Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
no wireless by ~~Justin~~
I have been having similar problems with my Linksys WMP54GS Wireless adapter. I installed it's drivers, connected to my router, it worked fine. But about 5 mins later it disconnected from my router, the after one minute it reconnected. It happeded again while I was downloading a file, but this time I had to go and click the reconnect button. Finally it died again and, I made a stupid mistake I...
September 17th 06 07:33 PM
by ~~Justin~~ Go to last post
0 578
Taskbar connection icon by Arelas
I've never used dialup with vista but I have noticed in RC1 that it is either animated (static) or does nothing. In past versions I've always been able to use it to find connectivity problems but now it's useless. "Michael" wrote: Why does the network icon only animate when using a LAN connection. It is not animated when using a dialup? Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks, Michael
September 17th 06 07:58 PM
by Arelas Go to last post
0 544
Painfully slow network speed by Mike
I have been using Vista with my many builds on my Inspiron 9300. My wireless connection has been great. Now since I’ve been using RC1, my network connection has gone down to a crawl. I’ve been testing my speed on http://speedtest.net and my connection is getting around 56kbps down and 512kbps up. Prior it was around 4561kbps down and 500kbps up. Something has happened and I don’t...
September 18th 06 01:41 AM
by Mike Go to last post
0 601
Sorry for double post by Mike
After posting I recieved that there was error and post didn't complete.
September 18th 06 01:46 AM
by Mike Go to last post
0 609
Cannot View certain website by nichols
"matt" wrote: I am having a similar problem. It has nothing to do with the server or IE7. The problem exists in Opera 9, Firefox 1.5, and IE7. The sites work fine on Firefox 1.5 and IE 6 in Windows 2003 on the same internet connection.
September 18th 06 04:31 AM
by nichols Go to last post
0 596
Wireless drops after 15-20 minutes by OmegaZEROCustom
I just finished installing 5536 and now, my Motorola WPCI54G won't stay connected for more than 15-20 minutes. It is able to stay connected to my local network because I can browse to other PC's on my network, but it loses internet. I have confirmed it isn't the router because my other systems on the network don't lose internet connectivity when the Vista box does, and my XP installation on...
September 18th 06 04:58 AM
by OmegaZEROCustom Go to last post
3 561
Sharing folder on desktop shares c:\users for everybody (full acce by Mr.Nobody
sharing a folder on your desktop will share all files in 'c:\users', including documents and files from other accounts. strangely everybody has full access to 'c:\users', but in the security tab of the 'c:\users' folder you will only see 'administrators', 'system' and 'users' (first 2 have full rights, last one only read access) NOTE: this works only if you use the 'sharing wizard' (in...
September 18th 06 06:51 PM
by Mr.Nobody Go to last post
0 526
no connection to the internet at vista startup by Velle
Hey I got this wierd problem, when I start Vista up, it shows a ! over the network icon, and it states that there is a problem with the internet connection. But if I push the hibernate button and go back, the connection is fixed. I tried to set up the network manually, but still the same problem. Anyone experienced the same problem?
September 18th 06 08:44 PM
by J.P. Stewart [MSFT] Go to last post
9 615
Remote desktop to different domains by Dave Bork
I maintain 30 servers, mostly by remote desktop. I can connect to the ones on my network and domain, but most of them are one a different network and domain that I have full access to. It does not connect to them. I assume it is a security thing but cannot find it.
September 18th 06 10:06 PM
by Dave Bork Go to last post
0 508
Remote Desktop by Dave Bork
I manage about 30 server using remote desktop. I can get to the ones on my Domain and Network, not other Domains and networks that I normally have full access to. It just says cannot connect, even though to have found the correct domain name in the suggested login.
September 18th 06 10:11 PM
by Dave Bork Go to last post
0 567
Wireless and Wired Networking help by Jeff Banks
I have one PC ( desktop) that is running Windows Vista RC1. It is connected to the internet via a Belkin wireless-G router via an ethernet cable. I have a laptop PC that is running Windows XP SP2. It connects to the router wirelessly. My question is how do I go about setting up a network so that I can share files between these two PC's ? It seems very easy to do with Windows XP, but with...
September 19th 06 02:24 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
2 521
Avast! 4Home and Avast! Professional v4.881 Working! by MB@MI, USA
Avast! Home and Professional versions are now operational under Vista RC1 Build 5600... I found the links in thier forums.... Avast! Home (English): http://files.avast.com/files/beta/4.7.881/setupeng.exe (~11MB) Avast! Professional (English): http://files.avast.com/files/beta/4.7.881/setupengpro.exe (~11MB) Avast! Home (multilingual):
September 19th 06 10:43 AM
by MB@MI, USA Go to last post
0 620
Network/Internet tray icon in VISTA RC1 by Dave
Hi I am using VISTA RC1 and I have noticed that wheh I turn on my computer and the desktop appears, I can click on the IE7 icon in the quick launch area and IE will launch immediately, but it takes around 4 - 5 minutes for the network/internet icon to appear in the system tray. I never had this problem with BETA2 or any of the builds before that. The network/internet icon used to appear...
September 19th 06 11:36 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 550
No network connections available after enter in a domain by Windows Vista Network Connection
CHi. I'm using the Windows Vista RC1 at home and at work, to give experience in this two environment. At home, I'm using the 64 bits, with no problems. At work, I'm using the 32 bits. Until I put my computer in the domain, the network was working normally. After this, when I restarted the computer, the network (all: wired, wireless, by modem...) does not work and the tray bar icon shows the...
September 19th 06 01:44 PM
by Windows Vista Network Connection Go to last post
0 553
No network connections available after enter in a domain by Windows Vista Network Connection
Hi. I'm using the Windows Vista RC1 at home and at work, to give experience in this two environment. At home, I'm using the 64 bits, with no problems. At work, I'm using the 32 bits. Until I put my computer in the domain, the network was working normally. After this, when I restarted the computer, the network (all: wired, wireless, by modem...) does not work and the tray bar icon shows the...
September 19th 06 01:44 PM
by Windows Vista Network Connection Go to last post
0 557
vista and 98se by Leonard
iam trying to network my 98 box to my vista box my vista box can see the 98 box but when i tray and access the shared folder i see the files in it but when i try and add mew files i get the message "the item no longer appears to be present in this location. Confirm that the item exists and retry the operation" then i try and connect to the vista box it was asking for a password, i have...
September 19th 06 02:36 PM
by Leonard Go to last post
0 592
Vista RC1: on Domain but cant get to internet by simon bratt
hi I have the Windows Vista RC1 installed fine, activated via telephone fine. Got it onto our domain no problem, i can see all users fine. I cant get to the internet, like i normally would with windows XP pro. Our internet is ADSL shared out via a patch panel and Router. Normally once the domain is set up, the internet works straight away. The settings in Internet Explorer are set to...
September 19th 06 03:29 PM
by simon bratt Go to last post
0 574
Remote desktop by Dave Bork
I manage about 30 servers using remote desktop. I can get to the one's on my network, but I cannot get to the ones that are on different networks and domains. The remnote desktop even comes up with the right domain name when I tye in the IP address, but it will not connect. Any suggestions?
September 19th 06 04:33 PM
by Dave Bork Go to last post
0 558
SMB problem with Vista by Alan Sanders
I have RC1 and a LanDisk fileserver mapped as Network Drive Z:. I can transfer files to it using its server name \\server\public using command prompt and xcopy, and I can view the contents using IE and have no trouble with passwords etc, but Explorer will freeze as it either connects or if it connects it will freeze as I open one of the folders. I have updated the LanDisk to its latest...
September 19th 06 05:58 PM
by Alan Sanders Go to last post
0 619
SMB problem with Vista by Alan Sanders
I have a problem accessing LanDisk file server mapped as a Network drive. Using xcopy in Command prompt is Ok with \\server\backup address. It is updated with latest firmware. Vista freezes when accessing the drive in Explorer, and once reported a problem with SMB configuration, but only once. I have no problems with passwords/usernames etc, and the drive iis always visible when you go to Map...
September 19th 06 06:02 PM
by Alan Sanders Go to last post

From The