Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
how to monitor router activity by Adams H
We are using Netgear Router in most offices in Northern California offices. Most are Net gear router modele MR814 & WGR614, 4 wired ports and 1 wireless port; and WG311 wireless adapters. Is there anyway to monitor the router activity? Anyway to see which port (wired and wireless) is active and network traffic. Also, want to make sure nobody outside our approved users is using the wireless...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 08 11:42 AM
by Querulous Go to last post
12 442
Seeing NAS folders by Adam[_3_]
Hi All, A little while ago I bought a QNAP TS109 NAS to store my music/photos etc on but for some reason I can't see it from "Network" on my Vista Home Premium laptop. On my wife's Vista Home Basic laptop it appears just fine. Is there a way to copy all her network settings onto my computer? I've spent ages tweaking all sorts of different settings in Vista to try and make my computer work and...
December 6th 08 12:34 PM
by Adam[_3_] Go to last post
0 243
VPN Error 807 with firewall online by Adapter
VPN (PPTP, MS-Chap) connection fails with Error 807 if firewall is online. After deactivating firewall VPN connection works error free. Any practical ideas? -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen Klaus
December 4th 07 06:18 PM
by Adapter Go to last post
2 1,863
Printer Access denied problem by Added not to request
I have an XP Media center service pack 2 desk top. The printer on it is an HP 2210 all in one, attached via USB port. I now have a laptop with Vista Home Premium. I am running, both direct wired and wirelesss network through a router provided by my DSL provider. The network is working fine in both modes. I have (with the help of a pretty good expert in the tech support group) been able...
March 28th 07 01:16 AM
by Added not to request Go to last post
1 161
i want to backup files on a network to my vista home premium... by Adele
Hi I am trying to backup files to my vista home premium pc. The other computers are win xp systems and I need to schedule backups of files located on the other computers. In Vista, I cannot find I way to do this. Anyone have any ideas?
June 26th 07 07:20 PM
by Adele Go to last post
3 245
Sharing files on Network. by ADH
Have Vista Ultimate on 1 machine and XP Pro on the other. Was able to share files from XP to Vista but not , after all the trying, the other way. About a month ago I becan me unable to share either way. Can see each computer from either one. Have been reading various comments from poeple like me who are in the same boat . Have not had a clear indication on what to do. It seems to me that if...
February 15th 08 03:08 AM
by ADH Go to last post
4 335
Sharing Files on Network. by ADH
Have posted part of this before. Have Vista and Xp Pro computers on network (Workgroup). Am able to see and access files from Vista unit. Can see XP Pro unit but am not able to (Access it) Access Denied. Have setup identical usernames and passwords on both, but am getting nowhere. Need help. -- ADH
February 20th 08 04:58 PM
by ADH Go to last post
4 253
Group Policy - IE7 Home Page URL by Adin Sabic
I have an issue with some IE settings from a GPO not applying to Vista. For testing/isolation, I have an OU with two computers and a single user (Not a roaming profile). One computer is XP SP2 with IE7 the other Vista Enterprise. The domain controllers are Windows 2003 R2. For testing purposes the GPO was created using Vista Group Policy Management Console with only 2 user settings. One...
May 31st 07 12:52 AM
by Adin Sabic Go to last post
0 152
I have the 169.254.x.x ip problem by Adine
Hi, I have a HP Slimline. I bought it on January. Since a few weeks ago it changed my IP to a 169.254.x.x type. I have tried 'this' (http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=506&sid=a92829da9df97c7a8f708d8f33ff88c7) and 'this' (http://slees.net/2006/09/25/ip-169254xx/); I restore the system to a date before the problem began, deleted/changed registry keys but none of this seemed to...
May 7th 08 01:56 AM
by DJT[_2_] Go to last post
3 283
UNC Path - folder is empty by adkVenturer
I am running Windows Vista Home Professional and using a Linksys WRT350N wireless router with the USB storage link. Attached to the router, I have a Western Digital 500GB Essential Edition USB external hard drive. I created a share to the external hard drive in the router interface and am able to access the folder and files from one of my other machines running XP. However, when I try to...
July 22nd 07 11:24 PM
by jdeitch Go to last post
3 167
Neither Firefox/IE8 connects to internet by adong
Hi, I recently have had a problem with my laptop. Its basically a week old with vista home premium x64. When it had updated to IE8, the browser was unable to connect. So then i reverted back to firefox which had no problems. But now, firefox was updated, and I dont have any browsing capabilities. I can ping sites and also use IM. I've been looking around, but I can't seems to find a...
June 12th 09 09:58 PM
by lukeroberts Go to last post
2 345
WLAN 60 second scans by Adretheon
This might have been posted already, but there's 68 pages so forgive the fact I didn't want to go through them. The WLAN feature in Vista scans for new networks every 60 seconds usually taking 2-3 seconds to do. When surfing the internet there is no problem, I don't even know it's happening, but I am a gamer, and when WLAN scans for a new network I get a 2-3 second lag in-game. I've read...
February 10th 08 09:17 AM
by frosbie Go to last post
1 147
Wireless modem not working by Adriaan
My IPWireless modem connects to the pc via ethernet cable, and in XP used the PPPoE. After my upgrade to Vista the modem is not detected. My networking skills are not too hot and I would appreciate any insights.
October 4th 06 05:48 PM
by Petely \(Peter Sloan\) Go to last post
1 423
Sonicwall Global VPn Client by Adrian
I have vista business and installed sonicwall GVC i get an error saying that the virtual adapter is disabled or uninstalled. I can view this under mt network connections and it says it is fine and working. Has anyone over come this?
March 4th 07 03:29 PM
by boe Go to last post
2 230
Vista and SBS2003 by Adrian Marsh (NNTP)
Anyone have a way of getting Vista and SBS2003 standard login scripts to work ?
December 11th 06 10:12 PM
by Adrian Marsh (NNTP) Go to last post
2 272
recent upgrade XP professionals 32 bit to Vista 64bit cant find dr by Adriana6
I am computer illiterate so please give answers in lame-mans terms :/ Prior to the clean installation I had USRobotics Network Adapter. I tried using the original disk to reinstall the driver but its not supported by my current operating systems. Ive gone to USRobotics website to find a solution...I found the driver I needed so from my friends computer I burned it to a disk then tried to...
January 31st 08 09:17 PM
by Adriana6 Go to last post
0 184
Networking on vista. no ip address aquired. by Adriano
my friend has an hp laptop with windows vista. i went through the whole list of networking fixes with her and none of them worked. the one involving regedit, the battery saving ones, all of them. her laptop did work for a short period of time at my house, but not at her and not when she initially brought it here. are there any new fixes to try for a problem where the computer can see other...
March 19th 07 07:56 PM
by Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\) Go to last post
5 211
Multiple mixed Public/Private networks by [email protected]
I have a notebook with Vista Home Premium. With a single network connection, everything is OK (profiles, firewall, etc). Now I set up a VPN to my office intranet over the public WAN connection. With my old Windows2000 Pro it worked OK. Vista Network and Sharing Center shows both connections, one Public (WAN) and the other Private (VPN). I have disabled the firewall for the VPN connection (even if...
July 2nd 07 07:54 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 192
Log of all IP addresses connected to current computer? by adrianpan
Ok This is bascially what i want to know. I know i sent this person a file through msn like 6 months ago. I want to find out that persons IP address. I know u can do it by having a connection with someone and typing something like netstats in that DOS program. However i want to know if Vista automatically keeps a log of these connections and if there is anyway i can find out what that persons...
September 16th 07 02:06 PM
by adrianpan Go to last post
0 192
Help Finding Printer on Network by Adrienne
Ok, So I have a XP computer that is hooked up to a printer which I want to print from using a Vista computer. But this Vista wont find the computer or the printer. I also have a second computer with Vista that finds it perfectly find and can print from it. I dont understand why one of my computers can find the printer while the other vista one cannot. And from the XP computer, I can see...
August 22nd 07 12:32 AM
by Hadi Go to last post

From The