Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Register for adsense by Adsense Tips
Register for Google Adsense and make thousands of dollars a month. Click here http://www.adsenseonline.info to find out how to make over 10,000 ! dollars a month using the tips and techniques only before avaliable to online professionals. Google Adsense tips that have made millions. 2 Co 5:19 - - - - And for the Adults - - - - " Free Video of Mariah Carey Bubble Bath Stripshow...
February 21st 07 08:10 AM
by Adsense Tips Go to last post
0 208
Printer Sharing between XP and Vista by AdymeBlack
I've got a small network consisting of a PC running XP connected by a wire. A laptop with Vista Home Premium with a wireless connetion and a HP 841C printer that is conntected to the PC with XP. How can i enable my laptop to to print to my HP 841C?
June 18th 07 09:34 PM
by bob Go to last post
2 176
Slow LAN speed and computer locking up by Adz06
Hi I've recentely bought a Qnap TS-109 NAS Sever. I am trying to copy all my bideo and music files over to it, however, as soon as I sart a transfer (either throught windows explorer or FTP) my computer slows to a crawl. Basically videos and music become juddery, my mouse and keyboard become very slow etc. Also I only seem to get about 3.5 MBPS when transfering files. Im on a
May 6th 08 01:35 PM
by avinash_rajput5 Go to last post
4 234
Network card light no blinking and no internet by adzul01
I am using vista ultimate. I can't access the internet since the onboard LAN was hit by lightning (this is my guess). I bought a D Link PCI NIC card and put it in pci slot 1 but still can't access the internet. there was not blinking light at all. Thought that this might be due to external modem problem. hooked up my laptop to the modem and can access the internet. So, modem is in good...
April 6th 09 07:53 PM
by westom Go to last post
2 269
Home Edition and Terminal Servers by AEJimenez
is it possible to setup a computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to access files on a network via Terminal Services and/or VPN? We are staring a small office in a different state and would like for that person to access specific files. Thank you for your help and guidance with this request. Sincerely, Allan Jimenez
July 14th 08 07:52 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1004_] Go to last post
1 223
Lose local network file access when connecting to VPN of a client by aekritzinger
Hi, I am running Windows Vista and am in IT Support. When connected via a LAN cable I have access to Exchange, network drives etc and all works peachy. As soon as I connect to a client VPN I lose access to all my network drives via mapped drives and UNC paths. Funnily my access to the Exchange server is still perfect. When I disconnect from the VPN to the client network I gain access to...
August 2nd 07 11:56 AM
by aekritzinger Go to last post
9 199
Network Security in Vista by Aerolz
I have 2 desktops and 3 laptops on a wireless Linksys 54g router. All the pc's are running Vista Premium. If I set my wireless security to WPA, they all connect but it is extremely slow, like dialup or worse. If I set it to WEP, they all connect quickly, Internet is quick etc. I had always used WPA when I was running WIN XP and it worked great. On Vista, there seems to be a major slowdown. I...
October 20th 07 10:11 PM
by Aerolz Go to last post
2 160
Windows Vista to Windows XP USB Printer Problem by afrikaner
My problem is this: 1. New vista home basic notebook wirelessly connected to home network peer to peer via router. 2. Samsung SCX 4100 printer attached to windows XP SP2 machine via USB. 3. Vista notebook can see the printer on XP machine fine. 4. Have tried adding new printer to vista machine but will not correctly add the networked xp. 5. Have tried adding local samsung print driver to...
May 11th 07 12:33 PM
by afrikaner Go to last post
1 241
Cannot see other computer in workgroup by aftermath[_8_]
I have a Netgear wireless network with a desktop computer and a laptop computer. The desktop is the host computer using Windows 2000 Pro, and the laptop is wireless using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. The laptop can see the desktop and access shared files. The desktop cannot see the laptop. In My Network Places on the desktop computer, only the desktop computer shows in the Workgroup. On the...
September 20th 09 12:27 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 801
Cannot delete file or folder by aftermath[_8_]
I am using a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP2. I have a folder that contains corrupted files. I am not able to delete the files or the folder. I ran chkdsk, and this would not complete because of the corrupt files. I then ran chkdsk /f, and this did not correct the problem. I tried Unlocker, and this was not able to delete the files. I did a scan for viruses and spyware,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 3rd 09 04:44 AM
by Steve Winograd [MS-MVP] Go to last post
10 545
Cannot delete file or folder by aftermath[_8_]
I am using a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP2. I have a folder that contains corrupted files. I am not able to delete the files or the folder. I ran chkdsk, and this would not complete because of the corrupt files. I then ran chkdsk /f, and this did not correct the problem. I tried Unlocker, and this was not able to delete the files. I did a scan for viruses and spyware,...
September 2nd 09 03:26 PM
by aftermath[_8_] Go to last post
0 154
Internet connection dropped after hibernation by aftermath[_8_]
Using Vista Home Premium on a Levono 3000 N100 laptop. Whenever I use the Sleep or Hibernate feature, the wireless connection is disconnected whenever the laptop is awakened from Sleep or resumed from Hibernate. When awakened from Sleep or resumed from Hibernate, it shows that there is a connection briefly, then it disconnects. Sometime it shows that there is a Local connection but no...
July 9th 08 01:39 AM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
1 184
Cannot see other computer in workgroup by aftermath[_8_]
I have a Netgear wireless network with a desktop computer and a laptop computer. The desktop is the host computer using Windows 2000 Pro, and the laptop is wireless using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. The laptop can see the desktop and access shared files. The desktop cannot see the laptop. In My Network Places on the desktop computer, only the desktop computer shows in the Workgroup. On the...
September 19th 09 03:15 AM
by aftermath[_8_] Go to last post
0 159
Vista Wireless Connection Failed by Age
Hi, I just got a new laptop and I'm having some problems connection to a wireless network. I can connect to other networks without a problem, but one security enabled network will not let me connect. My old machine with XP connects without a hitch, no input whatsoever. The error that it gives me is along the lines of "network denied the assocation..." Is there anything I can do to connect...
September 9th 07 08:48 PM
by Age Go to last post
0 214
No "Logon using dial-up connection" on Vista login screen by Agent86
In windows 2000, Windows XP there was an option to logon using a dial up connection. I used this feature to logon to my business network over a vpn connection and found many advantages to doing it this way. Sadly I cannot find this feature in Vista (business or ultimate) - does anyone know how to achieve the same results? Paul
April 18th 07 04:06 PM
by perfimage Go to last post
3 217
Remote Desktop Connection (Vista-Hosting) Failure by Aggelos Mpimpoudis
Hello all, I have managed to install Vista today but unfortunately I cannot make the remote desktop connection work. 3389 is forwarded to my pc at internal ip of pc. Remote desktop connection is enabled, I can reach the pc and use rdc smooth from a machine running xp, from an inside the private network but I cannot reach it from the outside!!! I know it isn't NAT - router matter. From...
March 13th 07 09:57 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
8 248
hibernate mode and network connection by agnes
recently, my laptop, with Vista, has a problem :when it goes into sleep or hibernate mode, it has to be restarted in order to connect to the network again....does anyone have the same problem? can anybody tell me how to fix it? thanks for your help. agnes
May 30th 07 03:21 AM
by Chuck Go to last post
1 188
net use with IP address as computer name fail with error 53 by ah kim
Hi, Recenty I installed a Vista Business and encounter the following error at command prompt and issue the following net use g: \\192.168.11.17\test I get a "Error 53". However, if I use the FQDN (with the help of a internal DNS server) net use g: \\server.xxx.com\test and it work and I get a password prompt.
February 27th 07 07:08 AM
by ah kim Go to last post
3 216
How do I disable file and printer sharing??? by Aharon
I successfully upgraded my laptop from Windows XP Pro to Vista Ultimate and have no problems with Vista. However, I am wondering how can I disable file and printer sharing. I went to files and folders' properties and saw functions to disable or able file/printer sharing but that function is disabled preventing me from selectiong disable option. I want to disable file and printer sharing the...
February 14th 07 07:15 PM
by Greg Lindsay [MSFT] Go to last post
2 213
Can't connect to internet with Internet Explorer by AHB
I just upgraded from Windows XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. When I run Internet Explorer, or any other program that tries to connect to a www page, it fails. When I click on the diagnose option on the resulting error page, I get this message "www.msn.com is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web service (HTTP) with this computer." I tried all of the repairs listed on the...
January 21st 08 05:12 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_240_] Go to last post

From The