Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Vista and Macs by microfox
Hi Since I installed RC 1 (Build 5600) I can't connect to and from my Mac liked I used to with Beta 2 (Build 5384) . Am I doing something wrong and mostly can anyone suggest a fix ? thanks
September 21st 06 05:15 PM
by DougK Go to last post
3 617
Cant connect to network using PPPoE by Aamir
Hi all, I connect to the internet using a broadband ADSL line which requires username and password. The type of connection is PPPoE. Windows Vista RC1 correctly recognises that I'm using PPPoE and displays the dialogue box for entering the username and password. But it fails to connect. The error message is of no particular help - it just says "Could not connect". The status shows that the...
September 20th 06 05:24 PM
by Garry Go to last post
1 590
Network X: Connected:Local Only by Daft
Hello Tony, I had the same problem my LAN network connection had a status: local. Some where i read that vista determines this status by checking your gateway ip adress. So i did an ipconfig /all. And i saw that i had 2 gateways. one 0.0.0.0 and an other 192.168.2.1. So i configured an static ip adress. And the status local was solved. I back configured my LAN back to DHCP. And the problem...
September 20th 06 09:12 AM
by Daft Go to last post
0 530
File Sharing - Other pcs able to delete files by Cornflakes
I shared out a folder with a txt file in it on my vista machine I went to my laptop which is an xp pro machine and browsed to the file no problem I was able to delete the file which shouldn't happen. Cause in xp when you share a file and then access it from another pc you are not able to delete it cause the everyone permission is set to read, execute any suggestions on this
September 21st 06 10:41 AM
by abckid Go to last post
3 494
Request for a Simple Step-By-Step Guide to Networking Vista and XP by tomorrows_man
So far, I have not found a clear answer to this question anywhere, so I will try to request one he I have four machines in my home network connected through a Belkin router. Two machines are wired, two wireless. Three are running XP, one is now running Vista RC1. The Vista machine is wired. When all four machines were on the workgroup "COSTELLO," they could all see/share with each...
September 21st 06 03:12 PM
by tomorrows_man Go to last post
0 537
Vista 5384 networking/DNS problems by bindybandy
Hi, did anyone have a resoultion to this? I have a sitecom wl 133 wirless usb adapter and the same netgear router WGR614 V5. I tried the beta 2 of Vista and no problems there except it kept freezing and crashing so when RC 1 came out I thought I'd try again. This time it installs the device fine but cannot see my wirless network. This happens whether using windows to detect the network or...
September 21st 06 07:46 PM
by bindybandy Go to last post
0 522
Mac doesn't show up in Network explorer or browse by DougK
After installing RC1 and making some changes in security policy suggested in a different post: FROM VISTA: The Mac (OS X 10.4) does not show up in the Network explorer window or behind the Browse button in the Map Network Drive dialog. I can nonetheless map a folder on the Mac by typing the full path to the folder (eg \\mac\docs) and providing account and password. FROM MAC: The Vista...
September 23rd 06 10:43 AM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
1 600
Cisco IOS update and Windows Vista by MB@MI, USA
Wow, was that ever a mistake to try to update my Cisco 1841 IOS from Windows Vista... The whole system hung in the middle of uploading the new firmware, not even the task manager could end the java Cisco client or web interface. (I even tried ProcX from ghostsecurity.com to close it and no luck either) I ended up doing a reset while Windows was running to get control back, not even log...
September 22nd 06 11:26 AM
by MB@MI, USA Go to last post
0 509
Wireless connection to a non broadcasting SSID routed by Pavel
I've tried to setup a wireless connection to a Linksys router that has it's SSID set to NOT Broadcast. The problem is - when I setup a network connection and specify that "connect even if not boradcasting" and "always connect when available.."- it still doesn't connect . When I browse to the wireless networks and connect to "Unnamed Network" providing all the settings - it connects.....
September 23rd 06 01:06 AM
by Pavel Go to last post
2 625
Cant connect to network using PPPoE by Aamir
Hi all, I connect to the internet using a broadband ADSL line which requires username and password. The type of connection is PPPoE. Windows Vista RC1 correctly recognises that I'm using PPPoE and displays the dialogue box for entering the username and password. But it fails to connect. The error message is of no particular help - it just says "Could not connect". The status shows that the...
September 20th 06 08:33 AM
by Aamir Go to last post
0 566
CANNOT SET SECURITY ON NETWORK by Brian
Yeah, I have the same problem. Why will the WPA key work with XP Pro and not Vista? "Spete" wrote: "u.s.e.TEC" wrote in message ...
September 19th 06 11:46 PM
by Brian Go to last post
0 543
Netgear wired cards that work with Vista Beta 2 by Scott
Same problem here, guess I will just have to wait to see if we get a driver. "snifferpro" wrote: What error message did you get. I got "The required line was not found in the INF". This was after I downloaded and try to install the drivers from the Netgear web site. "Rich" wrote:
September 20th 06 01:45 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
2 538
Issues with Wireless Connection in RC1, does not autheticate for some reason by Edward Ray
My wireless connection is not functional in Vista RC1. It uses a Windows 2003 IAS and WPA-Enterprise and was working fine in XP SP2. The Event logs on the DC/IAS machine shows successful user and machine authetication via certificates, but the RC1 does not want to accept it. It continutes to show "Attempting to Autheticate." Use of tcpdump shows successful RADIUS authentication, so I am...
September 20th 06 02:45 AM
by David Go to last post
2 587
Windows Vista Network Connection by Windows Vista Network Connection
CHi. I'm using the Windows Vista RC1 at home and at work, to give experience in this two environment. At home, I'm using the 64 bits, with no problems. At work, I'm using the 32 bits. Until I put my computer in the domain, the network was working normally. After this, when I restarted the computer, the network (all: wired, wireless, by modem...) does not work and the tray bar icon shows the...
September 21st 06 02:01 PM
by srshowers Go to last post
1 593
Vista RC1: on Domain but cant get to internet by simon bratt
hi I have the Windows Vista RC1 installed fine, activated via telephone fine. Got it onto our domain no problem, i can see all users fine. I cant get to the internet, like i normally would with windows XP pro. Our internet is ADSL shared out via a patch panel and Router. Normally once the domain is set up, the internet works straight away. The settings in Internet Explorer are set to...
September 21st 06 02:28 PM
by simon bratt Go to last post
4 595
VPN Problem by Kirby
,In Beta 2 of Vista I had no problems connecting to my Windows 2003 SBE server via VPN. Now that I have RC1 it won't setup. In fact, it doesn't even say why it won't connect. The diagnose button doesn't work either. And when I try to go and look at the advanced settings I can find the VPN connection at all. However if I try to create it again it says that it all ready exists. Help! ...
September 21st 06 05:17 AM
by Janani Vasudevan [MSFT] Go to last post
5 740
Wireless - being redirected by Daniel
I'm having troubles connecting to networks that redirect you to an http web page. For example I am able to connect to unsecure connections but as soon as I have to be redirected to a page to log in the explorer the page won't even come in. any help with this would be appriciated. Daniel
September 21st 06 08:59 PM
by Brent Go to last post
3 512
CANNOT SET SECURITY ON NETWORK by Brian
Yeah, I've got the same problem. I'm using WPA-Personal and it never likes the key. Keeps saying invalid key! The same key works on this and the other two XP Pro laptops - why not Vista??? Brian "Spete" wrote:
September 19th 06 11:44 PM
by Brian Go to last post
0 537
CANNOT SET SECURITY ON NETWORK by Brian
Yeah, I have the same problem. My WPA key works on my router, this laptop (XP Pro boot), and my other two XP Pro laptops. Vista Ultimate RC1 will not accept the key!!! Brian "Spete" wrote: "u.s.e.TEC" wrote in message
September 19th 06 11:45 PM
by Brian Go to last post
0 498
Network Card not recognized by Greg
I have a Linksys LNE100TX network card and Vista is not even seeing it. I tried to load the driver, but after selecting Network Adapter, then Have Disk and pointing to the driver, clicking OK, nothing appears in the box and the Next button is greyed out. Anyone know how to get Vista to see the networking card?
September 23rd 06 02:28 AM
by Greg Go to last post

From The