Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Modem : communication cable between two by kosamui
Hi, Under Vista, we installed a modem (communication cable between two PCs) in order to use a PPP communication on a serial port (speed 115,2KBds). It is ok under XP but with Vista, the speed of the modem is 19200 bauds and the combo box is grayed; how can xe change this speed ? Thank you -- merci
February 26th 10 06:08 PM
by kosamui Go to last post
0 379
Cannot log onto user profile when away from network domain by pbrill1
A "new Vista user" question: I manage some computers for sales reps that connect to our business network 50% of the time, but then take their work on the road with them. With Windows XPSP2, the user could access his "company.com\username" profile, whether he was attached to the network or not. I'm now testing a setup for a sales rep on a new Vista machine that I set up at work - where I...
February 26th 10 07:38 AM
by jockeyjoc Go to last post
2 442
internet gets disconnected frequently by dsathya1985[_4_]
Hello, I have already posted this but i am sorry to say i havent got a proper suggestion.. Of late my internet gets disconnected (wired) frequently and gets back in a min... Its really irritating and i lost all my patience.. My laptop is a Dell with Vista 32-bit. My driver is up-to-date (Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller)
February 25th 10 08:55 PM
by dsathya1985[_4_] Go to last post
0 439
internet gets disconnected frequently by dsathya1985[_4_]
Hello, I have already posted this but i am sorry to say i havent got a proper suggestion.. Of late my internet gets disconnected (wired) frequently and gets back in a min... Its really irritating and i lost all my patience.. My laptop is a Dell with Vista 32-bit. My driver is up-to-date (Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller)
February 25th 10 08:55 PM
by dsathya1985[_4_] Go to last post
0 329
Accessing the internet - wireless by Uzidengineer
Hi, Sony Vaio with Vista is connected wirelessly to a HOME network. It can access all other computers. Any one of them can access the Interment. This one does not. At work, this computer CAN access the Internet (while wirelessly connected to the COMPANY network)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 10 06:34 PM
by uzidengineer Go to last post
17 794
Vista will not resolve DNS by Kevin D. Goodknecht [MVP]
I've been pulling my hair out over this one. I suspect it may have had malware infection, ran combofix, TrendMicro Sysclean, reset IPv4, disabled IPv6, reset the Winsock, uninstalled Expired Norton 360, installed Microsoft Security Essentials, tried it with the Firewall on and off, checked the registry for as many Winsock Redirectors and firewalls I could think of. I don't know of anything...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 10 03:25 PM
by Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] Go to last post
11 586
'netstat' and '-f inet' option by Karthik Balaguru
Hi, I have been trying to use the command of 'netstat -a -n -f inet' to generate a report on all network end points not just the ESTABLISHED (-a option) by printing the IP addresses as dotted-decimal numbers(-n option), but only for TCP and UDP end points(-f inet option). But, strangely, the '-f inet' option does not seem to work in linux.
February 25th 10 06:01 AM
by Karthik Balaguru Go to last post
4 1,482
Vista - Windows 7 networking oddity by Questor[_2_]
Just this evening my Win7 machine refuses to "see" my Vista machines in the 'Network' dialog. My Vista machine can access all the shared items on the Win7 machine just fine. Previously (before this evening) I was able to open "Network" on the W7 machine and see every one of my computers. Now, all it does is flash the 'green bar' across the top and give me nothing but shared folders on my...
February 25th 10 02:30 AM
by Questor[_2_] Go to last post
0 256
VISTA SP2 blocks network from XP by anglaret
I had a network with computers XP and Vista OK with the driver KB922120 loaded in XP computers. After Vista updating of 2 Vista computers, XP computers cannot reach the Vista computers anymore??? Marc -- anglaret
February 24th 10 07:26 AM
by anglaret Go to last post
0 288
sharing the printer on an XP windows with laptop with VIsta by Abdul Rehman
Ther printers is printing but is not printing the correct contents of the file, it prints charachters like box or symbols etc.. Can you please help
February 23rd 10 12:13 AM
by Abdul Rehman Go to last post
0 259
Error 789 - L2TP / IPSec by netsec1
Hello, I am configuring L2TP/IPsec client (Vista and XP SP3) connecting to Check Point Gateway. I was able to succussfully do this using VMWARE - however in real enviroment - it is not working. The only difference that i can think of is NAT - since in VMware client and gateway were on same network.
February 22nd 10 07:44 PM
by netsec1 Go to last post
0 229
Scaling Remote Desktop to the client window size? by Blue Max
Isn't there a way to scale the 'Remote Desktop' host desktop to the window size on the remote client? We would like the host desktop to automatically shrink-to-fit the window on our remote client computer, much like the option available in 'Remote Assistance'. So far, our only option is to view the host desktop at full-size in a smaller remote client window with scroll bars that allow us...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 10 07:09 PM
by ennemm Go to last post
10 502
Vista permissions vs. Netgear UNIX NAS permissions by daztrue[_2_]
Does anyone have any idea why, when I select the Read/Write option for users and groups for various shares on my NAS, the Vista permissions don't have Delete selected, thus only making it possible to delete at administrator level? When viewing permissions, even administrators can't view the contents of the Auditing tab, although currently any user (both Windows and UNIX) can take ownership of a...
February 22nd 10 06:16 PM
by daztrue[_2_] Go to last post
0 397
Vista permissions vs. Netgear UNIX NAS permissions by daztrue[_2_]
Does anyone have any idea why, when I select the Read/Write option for users and groups for various shares on my NAS, the Vista permissions don't have Delete selected, thus only making it possible to delete at administrator level? When viewing permissions, even administrators can't view the contents of the Auditing tab, although currently any user (both Windows and UNIX) can take ownership of a...
February 22nd 10 06:16 PM
by daztrue[_2_] Go to last post
0 224
Possible to relocate Vista multiple account folders to NAS? by daztrue[_2_]
I'm wondering if the option to relocate account folders such as Documents, Pictures etc. in Vista is possible with the setup I have in mind. I have multiple PCs on my network and want to relocate the corresponding account folders from each PC - i.e. MyAccount from PC1 & MyAccount from PC2 - to the same locations on a NAS, thus whatever changes are made on one will be reflected on another -...
February 22nd 10 05:55 PM
by daztrue[_2_] Go to last post
0 243
Possible to relocate Vista multiple account folders to NAS? by daztrue[_2_]
I'm wondering if the option to relocate account folders such as Documents, Pictures etc. in Vista is possible with the setup I have in mind. I have multiple PCs on my network and want to relocate the corresponding account folders from each PC - i.e. MyAccount from PC1 & MyAccount from PC2 - to the same locations on a NAS, thus whatever changes are made on one will be reflected on another -...
February 22nd 10 05:55 PM
by daztrue[_2_] Go to last post
0 426
Startup Subst both normal and administrator by MartinDC
I have mapped a drive on my main Vista machine for all my documents etc. N:. With XP it was also possible to map to the local machine to make sure that N: on all machines was the same. But with Vista "net use" does not work locally so I have to use "subst". Trouble is that if I want to subst the drive to both normal and administrator users, then I have to subst twice. But how can I subst from...
February 21st 10 10:22 PM
by ultralame Go to last post
3 455
Printer Sharing - Pause Issues... by ksay85
All machines that I am working on are Vista. When I try and print to a shared printer the job always shows up in the print queue as 'paused'. If I right click and select 'resume printing' it prints fine. I have tried several printer driver options all with the same results. Any ideas?
February 21st 10 09:05 PM
by ksay85 Go to last post
0 233
Please Help! by beckmo
So my laptops been working fine for 2 and a half years for me now, and then out of the blue two days ago, my laptop switches itself off on me and when I turn it back on, *the dates been changed all the way back to Monday 6th February 2006*. I have no idea why it's done this, and when I tried to connect to my internet it then said that there was "Low Wireless Signal", which was impossible because...
February 21st 10 08:11 PM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 394
Please Help! by beckmo
So my laptops been working fine for 2 and a half years for me now, and then out of the blue two days ago, my laptop switches itself off on me and when I turn it back on, *the dates been changed all the way back to Monday 6th February 2006*. I have no idea why it's done this, and when I tried to connect to my internet it then said that there was "Low Wireless Signal", which was impossible because...
February 21st 10 05:27 PM
by beckmo Go to last post

From The