Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Enterprise software architecture-2 days hands-on workshop-GroupDiscounts Available by caroline
Realizing Practical vision of the IT systems with Enterprise Architecture, SOA & MDA. This is a 2 - day workshop conducted in Seven major cities in India by Practicing Architect & C E O, iCMG Mr. Sunil Dutt Jha. Mumbai(22-23 Dec'08) Bangalore (29-30 Dec'08) Pune (19-20 Jan'09) Chennai (22- 23 Jan '09) Hyderabad(27 - 28 Jan '09) Delhi (09 - 10 Feb '09) & Kolkata
December 4th 08 05:00 AM
by caroline Go to last post
0 267
Corrupted Recycle Bin with Folder Redirection Group Policy by Michael
Does anyone know how to fix the following error that occurs on Vista SP1 clients: The Recycle Bin on \\server\share\username\Contacts" is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? This occurs on systems that are attached to a Windows 2003 Std Active Directory Server domain. This same error is issued for the Links folder once you dismiss the Contacts folder error. ...
December 3rd 08 04:53 PM
by Michael Go to last post
0 308
How.To.Ubuntu by Markos Mevorah
Hi, I would like to ask you this: Suppose I have one computer wunning Vista and another one with Ubuntu. Both have ethernet cards and cables. Also suppose I have a Telewell TW-EA510 Router which has 4 inputs for the Ethernet cables.
December 3rd 08 04:42 PM
by Markos Mevorah Go to last post
2 375
Vista Home does not remember network password by Vista neworking user
Hi, I just installed Vista Home and i am unable to have windows remember the password to my network drives. This happens for a samba as well as a standalone network disk. It keeps asking me for the password after each reboot. Vista is not in a domain, it is just a workgroup. I tried the following methods: - Explorer-Map network drive. Enter password, check tick box 'remember password; Use...
December 3rd 08 02:36 PM
by GTS Go to last post
3 390
Vista Connections does not see WiFi Adaptor by pandanyc
I have an HP Pavilion TX2113cl laptop running Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1. I replaced my G Router with an N Router. When I turned on my laptop, Vista shows that I was connected with limited access. I tried to create a new connection but it remained the same limited access. The WiFi setup has no security, just an SSID. I decided to uninstall the WiFi adaptor and re-install it again.
December 3rd 08 12:26 PM
by pandanyc Go to last post
2 276
winserver 2008 map drive not access from win98se by savikalra
I M USING WINSERVER 2008 64 BIT STD EDTION. I M SHARED FOLDER WITH EVERYONE PREMISSION. THIS FOLDER ACCESS FROM XP MACHINES BUT OUR WIN98 SE MACHINE GIVEN POPUP PASSWORD. I M ALSO PERMITED THRU PASSWORD PROTECTED USER BUT NOT CONNECTED THE PASSWORD SCREEN, I M GIVEN PASSWORD THEN POPUP PASSWORD INCORRECT. PLESAE HELP ////////:huh: -- savikalra
December 3rd 08 12:22 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 328
wifi by odd
connecting when the wifi is not sending. Which service do I put on? -- osa
December 3rd 08 12:19 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 362
NEW IPHONE VIDEO PROJECTOR PROTOTYPE NOW AVAILABLE LIMITED EDITION by jurgita
This is an exclusive gadget for iphone addict. Perfect gift for christmas only 1000 copy http://iphone-video-projector.com
December 3rd 08 05:03 AM
by jurgita Go to last post
0 311
connect windows vista to mac by klaberhead
In XP, I was able to connect to my mac by mapping network drive. I get an error in Vista. I followed the instructions posted on the forum HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\cURRENTcONTROLsET\cONTROL\Lsa. I changed the LmCompatibilityLevel to 1. I rebooted. Still can't connect. What am I doing wrong? -- Angie
December 2nd 08 11:38 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 336
Hotspot internet connection problems by dero
I have a new laptop, running Windows Vista Home, I have a great wireless internet connection in my home! My problem is whenever I go to a Hotspot and try to connect to the internet, it only allows me " local only ". It won't let me actually connect to the internet. I've tried six or seven different locations with the same results. I'm a senior citizen, not to computer savey, is there a easy...
December 2nd 08 10:39 PM
by dero Go to last post
0 278
Can I set up a web page for my network drive? by Bill Nevin
Network devices such as printers and routers will redirect you to a web page on their hardware when you connect to their IP address. Is there a way I can do this with a network drive? I have a network drive for media and I'd like to create a web page to organize it in a nice user interface. Thanks.
December 2nd 08 09:14 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
2 324
Connection to a router via VPN? by Nigel Molesworth
My router supports VPN. What do I need to connect to it? -- Nigel M If I'm discussing apples, please don't suggest bananas
December 2nd 08 08:59 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
2 305
Unhappy
VISTA not seeing XP by davespc
I have a network (BOTH WIRELESS AND WIRED) with 3 laptops, 1 running XP PRO CAT-5 Wired, 2 running VISTA Home premium wireless and 1 desktop print server running XP Pro. 1 of the VISTA systems can see all systems on network and use printserver, the other (mine ofcourse) can only see the other VISTA system. I have gone as far as turning off my firewalls, set myself as open to all, But still no...
December 2nd 08 08:14 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
5 378
Installing BELKIN WIRELESS G ROUTER by Gonzalo Ferrer
I have a cable internet connection that works perfectly when directly connected to my laptop. But when I connect the cable-modem to the router and the router to my computer, there's no way I can connect to the internet or even connect to the router by typing "http://192.168.2.1" The computer doesn't seem to recognize the router at all (when connected via an etherrnet cable) and all I get is a...
December 2nd 08 05:38 PM
by Tinkerdog Go to last post
5 424
Access Permissions by Llew Ralph
We have a network of 3 PC’s and 2 network attached drives. Two of the PC’s are using Vista home Premium SP1 and the other is using XP SP2. Shares on each of the Vista machines are not accessible from the other and shares on one of the Vista machines is not accessible from the XP machine. The problem appears to be with access permissions on one of the Vista machines.
December 2nd 08 01:44 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1234_] Go to last post
1 334
drive mapping by Phed
Hi I have two notebooks - one has vista home premium - 32 bit and the other has vista ultimate 64 bit. On the 32 bit machine i run some external drives - 2 maxator 500 gig drives and one lacie 320 gig drives. These are connected to the 32 bit notebook through a targus 7 port usb2 hub to one of the usb ports on the notebook . I share these external drives across the two notebooks through a...
December 1st 08 06:37 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
1 279
Shared Printer Fails After Reboot by mminyard
I have 3 Vista Premium SP1 PCs (32 bit) and one has an HP PSC 950 printer connected via USB. I have shared this printer (password protected). I can add the printer as a network printer to the other 2 PCs and they are able to print to the printer. However, on both of the other 2 PCs, after a reboot, they can no longer print to the printer. The printer continues to display in the Printers panel and...
December 1st 08 04:42 PM
by pooch Go to last post
3 311
can share one file but not another by bocmac
i have a desktop running xp pro sp3 and a laptop running vista, i have two user accounts on both machines. i can see and access one folder on xp machine under acct. 1 from vista but can't access a shared folder on xp under acct 2 . vista gives the error the folder is accessible but you dont have permission. i compared the two folders setting and they are the same. neither asks for user...
December 1st 08 04:05 PM
by Eric Cross Go to last post
2 326
Problem reconnecting offline files when mapped as a drive by GeoffL
I have vista business, sp1. I use offline file a lot, and it works well most of the time. But I have found that when the folder is set as a drive mapping, and made to be offline, that often it does not re-connect when the server is available. When I try to go to the server, all I see is the files that are stored offline, and not all of the files available on the server (I have only made...
December 1st 08 01:01 PM
by GeoffL Go to last post
0 328
Need help configuring static IP for printer by Zan[_2_]
Hi -- My printer was beautifully configured as a network printer until I bought a new computer with Vista and a new router. Now I can't seem to replicate my settings and it is necessary to reinstall the printer every time I want to print. The Netopia 3347 router has a DHCP range of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.253. The "supposedly" static IP address of the printer is 192.168.1.95. This was...
December 1st 08 12:28 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post

From The