Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Can no longer access Expert mode in Westell 2200 by Zan Mayo Glodich
Hi -- My new desktop has Vista Ultimate 32bit. For all the years that I have had the Westell 2200 modem, I have been able to access Expert mode to do port forwarding. Now when I click on Expert mode, I get the confirmation but then none of the options such as Configure, NAT, etc. appear at the left. How can I get this back? Thanks.
November 17th 08 02:48 PM
by tempgal Go to last post
3 310
Setting up Home network on Vista ultimate w/sp1 and xp home w/sp2 by Don[_17_]
Have gone throug the wizard on both computer as outlined in knowledge base. When I pull up the network it only shows the computer that I am on and will not show the other computer. I have both computer directly connected to a router. On both computers TCP/IP and DNU are set to automtic. Help -- Don Wamsley
November 17th 08 02:09 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 336
Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been discon by Sam Wishka
Hi, I m receiving this warning in system event log on my windows xp PC and it is saying that Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected. Event Type: Warning Event Source: e1express Event Category: None Event ID: 27
November 17th 08 09:14 AM
by Sam Wishka Go to last post
0 316
Unable to detect wirless network by AA
I bought a new DELL Inspiron Laptop which is unable to detect any wireless network,while my other laptop is able detect and connect without any problem.I have checked for the drivers and everything.Everything seems to be alright.The what may be the problem. Whenever I reinstall the drivers I am able to detect the network but with very low signal strength.But when i restart the Laptop again I...
November 17th 08 07:22 AM
by geogio Go to last post
4 359
Vista Remote Desktop by daleeh
I am trying to use XP to remotely control a Vista Business computer on a local network and still allow the Vista machine's video to stay "live". I have no problem establishing the session, but when I do, the Vista machine's desktop "locks" instead of displaying the live desktop. The point is to remotely control a Vista computer connected to a projector and the video should show the action not...
November 17th 08 04:22 AM
by daleeh Go to last post
4 396
Windows server problems with vista. by jakmeoff21
i just recently installed vista ultimate on my desktop. Ive set up an account to access my server it doesnt have a password and it keeps prompting me with a password. ugh any ideas? -- jakmeoff21
November 16th 08 11:23 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 298
System Tray Network Icon Disappeared by John McGaw
I've just bought my first Vista computer. You will probably be seeing a lot of me around here until I figure out the myriad ways it differs from XP and previous Windows version. The first problem I present is: the network icon which used to appear in the system tray has disappeared. It used to, on mouse click offer a choice of animation etc. I did not, at least intentionally, turn it off....
November 16th 08 09:47 PM
by John McGaw Go to last post
1 352
File sharing problems - "your folder could not be shared" by bjterp00
I am having a terrible time trying to share files from my Vista Home Premium PC with my wife's PC (same OS). I am able to access her files, but not vice versa. After lots of searching and trying, and even call to Microsoft, I am still stuck. Please do not respond to this with a link about how to setup a home network. If I follow all the instructions exactly, I still get to "Your folder...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 16th 08 07:20 PM
by mafir Go to last post
27 1,502
Vista vpn...help! by Bill Knigh
I just replaced my laptop which had XP on it. My new one has vista (i'm not liking it).....I can not get the vpn to connect to my server (which is windows 2003 server).... It still works fine on the xp.......and I can ping the server from vista... ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS?
November 16th 08 03:20 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1217_] Go to last post
4 411
Eindhoven researchers crack Internet security of the future by [email protected]
Researchers have managed to crack the so-called McEliece encryption system. This system is a candidate for the security of Internet traffic in the age of the quantum computer - the predicted superpowerful computer of the future. http://www.theanalystmagazine.com/articles/index.php/2008/11/eindhoven-researchers-crack-internet-security-of-the-future/
November 16th 08 10:01 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 351
Why the shutdowns? by j lunis
Vista Home Premium Uncertain if this is a network problem but since the symptoms include network lingo, I'm starting here. Last two mornings I have come to my PC and found it has recovered from an 'unexpected shutdown.' The files noted are werfault which I think is Windows reporting service sfsz.sys - Netgear SC101 NAS hsxhwcd2.sys which has something to do with Norton NIS
November 15th 08 07:20 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
2 327
Syncronised folders by Arne Garvander
My Vista computer has synchronised folder that used to by synchronised with a Windwos 2003 server. The server was upgraded to Windows 2008 and the folder are no longer working. How can I delete the synchronised folder and start over with new folers. If I try to unable the folder, the atribute is greyed out. -- Arne Garvander (I program VB.Net for fun and C# to get paid. When get paid, I...
November 15th 08 02:11 PM
by Arne Garvander Go to last post
0 289
File Sharing: Physical Vista and Virtual XP by Hal
I have a Virtual Machine installed on my physical computer. The Virtual PC runs XP and the physical PC runs Vista. I have read that the file sharing options in the Virtual Additions package are not the best. The advice I have received, on these boards, is to use Vista's built-in file sharing. So, can anyone offer advice on how to configure my Vista computer to share files with my XP virtual...
November 15th 08 10:12 AM
by Steve Winograd Go to last post
1 365
Vista incorrectly sees "Multiple Networks" & can't connect to Inte by kchloevt
I have a wired router connected to a combination wired/wireless switch (both are LinkSys and pretty old). The PC in question has a wired connection to the switch. In the Network and Sharing Center, Vista sees two Networks: Network (private) and Unidentified Network (public), but both have the same IP information. Both also say local and internet access, but I cannot connect to the Internet....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 14th 08 09:34 PM
by AJR Go to last post
39 2,160
multiple instances of 6to4 adapter in device manager by antanasz
I have discovered that in device manager 6to4 adapter is listed several times. After I delete the duplicates, they accumulate again in the course of time. Does anybody know the reason ?
November 14th 08 08:22 PM
by P_A_P_Y Go to last post
4 610
Help! Vista Home Premium. Admin Account WiFi Speed Good. Other User Account Speed Not So Good. by grandmarnier
I have two accounts setup on my laptop, one for myself which is the admin account and another for my wife. My laptop can connect to my router without any issues and the signal strenths are strong, but the problem I'm having is that, for some reason when my laptop's connected using my account, the internet download speed is satisfactory. But when my laptop's connected to using my wife's account,...
November 14th 08 06:34 PM
by liturgy Go to last post
1 293
Connecting my 360 to my Laptop's network connection- Shared tab is missing by HurricaneMIKE
Okay, so when I lived at my parents place this summer, this worked for me. I connected my simple ethernet cord from my laptop and put it in my 360's port or whatever. I then enabled ICS. Bam. Simple and efficient. I enjoyed gaming from my room without having to run a long ass cable. Now I'm living in an apartment and me and the guy that lives under me share our internet. He's given me the okay to...
November 14th 08 04:54 PM
by HurricaneMIKE Go to last post
2 423
Internet connected but not working on Vista by OneScrewLoose
Hi, If someone can help me, it would be great. Internet was running okay until this evening. Below is what I get from running ipconfig /all. My firewall has been disabled and another laptop running on the same network is fine. It's just my new laptop with Vista 32-bit thats giving me problem. Windows IP Configuration
November 14th 08 04:18 PM
by OneScrewLoose[_2_] Go to last post
2 389
Anyone familiar with Slingbox / Vista 64-bit? by tempgal
If so, I'd like to post a request for assistance. If not, I won't bore any more folks with the details of my problem. Thanks. Zan
November 14th 08 02:33 AM
by Lu Powell[_2_] Go to last post
5 458
Desktop Background by bernieandsue
Having difficulty setting my desktop background to tile view. Only two tiles show. -- bernieandsue
November 13th 08 11:32 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post

From The