Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sharing Windows Vista Desktop by Rodger
I have a small home network of 5 computer a mix of Vista and XP. I want to share the Windows Vista users desktop on my network. I know it shouldn't be done but I'm a fan of dragging and dropping thing from one computer to the other and i like to place the stuff right on the desktop of the other computer so when I move to that system it's right there. Can someone tell me how to do that in...
November 13th 08 05:11 PM
by Rodger Go to last post
2 303
Problems with offline files by [email protected]
Im having problems to make a share folder offline in VISTA, the laptop is joined a 2003 domain. First I was receiving the msg access denied, even I have full access to the files but when I try to make them available offline I receive the msg access denied. After 20 different tries (mapping by IP and name server, disable and reenable offline files etc) I delete the share and recreate it and now I...
November 13th 08 11:29 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 310
Media State: Media disconnected by Donaldo
checking ipconfig, I found this error: Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection *: Media State: Disconnected Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection 10: Media State: Disconnected Help me to fix this error. Thanks. -- Don
November 12th 08 09:14 PM
by DTWmom Go to last post
1 324
File Sharing: CUSTOM ? Unable to share drives by filesharingcustom
I am tyring to share my hard drives over my home network, but I don't get the option via Right-Clicking it like I used to in Win XP. In the Network & Sharing Center, my file sharing staus is "Custom". I suspect this is why I can't share my hard drive, can anyone tell me what to do next? Thx in advance.
November 12th 08 01:54 PM
by vicky98284 Go to last post
4 288
XP Home Edition & Windows Vista Ultimate Networking by Mike
I've downloaded the upgrades that I know about for both of these operating systems, now neither machine sees the other or its files & printers. Anybody got any idea what's wrong?
November 12th 08 04:52 AM
by nlthomas Go to last post
8 378
Network Access to my vista pc comes on and off. by TRG1687
My office network has several Xp pcs and one Vista pc. All of my sharing options are on, and the workgroup is set to private. My vista pc will let the others open its shred folders for a breif second. then it locks them out agian. What can i do?
November 12th 08 02:16 AM
by TRG1687 Go to last post
0 274
Lost Linksys after Defrag. by Doug
I have Windows Vista on an AMD system with a Linksys WUSB300N wireless adapter. After defragging with PerfectDisk 2008 I can not connect to my router. I can't, repair, uninstall + reinstall, delete + create a new connection. My laptop right next to it connects just fine as it always had. If I put the WUSB300N on the laptop it connects + works just fine. I can only assume that it is something in...
November 12th 08 02:01 AM
by Doug Go to last post
2 322
Set up a Dial Up Connection - Modem not present by JAmbrose
I am attempting to add a Dial Up Connection for use with a USB 3G Wireless device (Novatel Wireless Ovation HSDPA Modem). When I attempt to add a new Dial Up Connection using the Network and Sharing Center, the first message I get is that Windows could not detect a dial-up modem. 1. The Modem appears in the Device Manager list under modems. The Device Manager informs me that the device is...
November 11th 08 08:43 PM
by JAmbrose Go to last post
0 270
Login name issue by Henry[_7_]
I am trying to login to a network drive that is password protected, I can access it through http but cannot access through explorer, when asked for login name and password vista adds the computer name to the login name and then says login unsuccessful make sure name and password corect, I cannot access my files and when I add a network password to my user account it does not save. Any help...
November 11th 08 04:35 PM
by Henry[_7_] Go to last post
0 261
Cannot access workstation over network by Blue Max
We are having difficulty with using one computer to access another computer over the network. We use a peer-to-peer workgroup network with four computers. Two computers are running Windows 2000, one computer runs Windows XP, and the other runs Windows Vista. The problem is between the computer running Windows Vista and one of the computers running Windows 2000. The Windows 2000 computer...
November 11th 08 03:22 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
6 417
XP cannot find Vista by Pierre[_2_]
I currently have a Vista and and several XP machines on the same network. My vista machine CAN ping and access all shared folders on any XP machine. My XP machines CAN ping my Vista machine, but none of them can see the Vista machine in "My network Places" I tried using 'net view \\COMPUTERNAME' in the command prompt to see
November 11th 08 02:59 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1214_] Go to last post
2 277
File Sharing Turned Off By Itself by Jheurf
The weirdest thing happened today. After booting up, I realized that File Sharing had turned off by itself. I wasn'T playing around with any settings last night, so it couldn't have been me. I was browsing some websites that tried to install some crap on my machine, though.
November 11th 08 01:31 PM
by Jheurf Go to last post
0 295
Internet Explorer by Daniel H
Internet Explorer has stopped working Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
November 11th 08 11:37 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 277
Offline files cannot synchronize by Invisible
I'm desperate now. I have a recurrent problem with my offline files since I upgraded to vista. Any file I create/modify while I'm offline generates a sync error "The system cannot find the file specified". Vista is the Client; the server is an XP-Pro. This setting has been working flawless for over 6 months until the update. During the last 2 weeks I have checked everything I can image,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 08 09:14 AM
by janebush08 Go to last post
11 407
VPN connection on Windows Vista no longer works. by Richard Goodchild
Hello, One of our remote users running Vista Home Premium has had a VPN connection to our office for several months, working with no issues whatsoever. However, recently (within the last month) this VPN connection has stopped working: that is to say the connection attempt times out and the user gets an error message to say that it has failed. Also, our router does not record any attempt...
November 10th 08 11:03 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
7 341
No Network adaptors. by MHClemens
After doing all the troubleshooting I can, I received a Code 31. Device not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers for the device. Microsoft suggests that I update the driver, but that is not possible, see below: I started my Vista64 computer this morning and noticed that it had no connection to the internet. I went through a few basic troubleshooting steps and found that...
November 10th 08 07:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 314
Sync Vista Calendar by tvs
Have a network with wired desktop PC and laptop on WAN, both running Vista Premium. Is ther a method to keep the Win Calendar synchronized between the two, and if so how? Thanks
November 10th 08 06:25 PM
by damidlo Go to last post
1 226
Xp share to vista by Urbain Van Gucht
Hey C:\Windows\system32net use \\192.168.0.179\muziek1 /user:192.168.0.179\adminis rator * Geef het wachtwoord op voor \\192.168.0.179\muziek1: De opdracht is voltooid. ( so i get that it is completed). But when i try to access the drive , I get the specified device is no longer available.
November 10th 08 06:13 PM
by Urbain Van Gucht Go to last post
2 296
Sharing a USB broadband adapter by rray
I have a desktop with XP SP2 and 2 laptops with VISTA. I have a Sprint USB broadband adapter and would like to share my internet connection over a home network. I cannot get it to work. When I connect my Linksys router to the desktop it disconnects the USB internet connection. Is this possible?
November 10th 08 05:17 PM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
2 297
Dial-Up Connection constantly popping up by Jay Moore
hi, a friend of mine recently loaned me his sprint mobile broadband card for my upcoming beach trip. i downloaded and installed the sprint smartview software (which corrupted my ps/2 drivers...grr) which naturally added the drivers for the USB device and a couple of other ports for things like GPS and data communication. the smart-view software establishes a connection using RAS, however,...
November 10th 08 02:50 PM
by The Doctor[_2_] Go to last post

From The