Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Recording TV on Network Attached Storage by Triptic
Hello, Can someone explain me how to get MCE to store TV recording on a network (NAS) Drive ? Windows Media Centre only offers C: or D: as storage locations on my machine. Thanks for your help. Steven.
November 10th 08 01:09 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
5 359
Lost network connection with a Win 2k pc by [email protected]
Running vista business on a hp 6715b laptop Have a home network which has been stable for ages Suddenly the 2k pc has lost network connectivity to the vista pc and also internet via router I can ping the win2k pc from vista by name, but I can't ping the vista pc from the win2k pc Any ideas?
November 10th 08 07:41 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 325
Cannot get XP desktop-Vista laptop network to work by frustrated
I have spent the better part of two weekends trying to get my XP w/ Service Pack 2 desktop to network with my Vista Home Premium laptop. Both computers are in the same workgroup (WORKGROUP). I have turned off all firewalls, both software-based and on my router. On the XP computer, I have installed the LLTD protocol. The XP computer shows the Vista computer in the workgroup, but when I try to
November 10th 08 02:47 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 935
Vista with Multiple Network Adaptors by Dan Jason
Hello, I have recently installed Vista on my desktop PC which seems to be having Internet Connection problems. My Desktop PC has 2 Network Adaptors each connected to separate routers. I have one router (A) with IP 192.168.1.1 on Adaptor A and another router (B) with IP 192.168.2.1 on Adaptor B. The only router with Internet Access is router B. The problem I have is when I open internet...
November 10th 08 12:51 AM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1209_] Go to last post
7 455
Sending files to a Mac via wireless LAN by Andrew Browne
Does anyone know how I can send a file from a Vista PC to an iMac using a wireless network? For example, let's say I have a music file on my laptop, which connects to the router via wireless. My housemate has an iMac on the same network, connected to the router with an ethernet cable. I can't see his computer on the network in Vista, so how do I send him the file?
November 9th 08 11:06 PM
by Robert Moir[_3_] Go to last post
1 286
Unable to print from Vista laptop to XP Networked printer by kblehman
I have a wireless network in my home. I'm using a Linksys WRT160N router for the network, which is hosted off a tower PC running XP. The XP PC has an HP 7760 printer connected to it and it is shared. Prior to my recent router upgrade I was using Network Magic for the network interface and I was able to print to the HP 7760 from my Vista laptop. But since I upgraded to the Linksys router I cannot...
November 9th 08 03:10 PM
by Grand_Poobah[_2_] Go to last post
5 317
CSC CACHE by sgt
I have a 1.5T MyBookWorld ll Net Drive. It contains all of my important documents, programs, and backups. I'm unable to access it. All the folders have a gray X. A few weeks ago I had inadvertently hit the 'SYNC' button and couldn't stop it. I tried to remove it and wasn't successful. My search on 'how to' informed me that it's not removable (!@#$%^&*). Now when I check the properties of...
November 9th 08 08:18 AM
by sgt Go to last post
5 309
XP -- Vista networking problem by Ristar
i've posted some time ago, and now, still have this problem. boxes are as follows: XP Home, Work Group: MSHOME - Client for Microsoft Networks - VMWare Bridge Protocol - Service Advertising Protocol - File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks - QoS Packet Scheduler
November 9th 08 06:43 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
4 455
Slow copying files over network by Dimpz
Hi, I have a gigabit network with a netgear gs605 switch. When copying files from my windows 2003 machine onto vista it does it at only 5mb per sec. But if I reboot my machine in xp (its dual boot) and do the same i get my usual 50meg per sec. I've tried search the net for the past 7 days but I have had any solution to this. Can someone please offer some advice?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 9th 08 04:07 AM
by TekzMekz Go to last post
23 785
MAP network drive does not remember logon info by David Hettel
My mapped network drives do not remember logon info. When Vista starts the drives are not mapped. If I click on the drive I am presented a screen for logon info but it is blank. If I enter the info it works until the next reboot. -- David Hettel
November 8th 08 08:39 PM
by geolos[_2_] Go to last post
2 291
Access denied to network drive between two Vista systems by re_vogel
I cannot access the network drives on two vista computers. One is 64 bit the other is 32 bit. All permissions setup correctly (as far as I can tell) and the drives can be networked but unable to access those drives from the other system (Access Denied).
November 8th 08 12:20 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 299
any suggestion about the online practice resources? by oliver[_2_]
Hi everyone, i have just started my MCSE. any suggestions about where i can get some good practice from? pass4sure and ucertify is quite expensive. thanks a lot oliver
November 8th 08 11:34 AM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
3 314
Recovering from sleep: limited wireless connectivity by mkinghome
Hi Folks, I'm a newbie here, so bear with me and and point me to the right forum if this isn't the appropriate one. Been having problems with my Vista Laptop recovering from sleep mode. It insists on connecting to my neighbor's unsecured wireless network. (Its only sitting a few feet from my Linksys WRT54GL wireless router.) I open the Network/sharing center, manage wireless networks, and...
November 8th 08 11:32 AM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
2 300
Cannot connect using Remote Assistance by Blue Max
We are not able to connect to other computers on our network using Remote Assistance. We have four computers on a peer-to-peer network. Two computers are running Windows 2000, one is running Windows XP, and the other is running Windows Vista. Our Windows Vista computer connects well with all the other computers over the network and can access all shared resources. At this point we want...
November 8th 08 10:17 AM
by Sooner Al [MVP] Go to last post
6 283
Permission Problem by icpms
First, I've searched the forums and cannot find a similar issue. My problems are I cannot access a specific folder and its subfolders on my data drive or setup network sharing on my LAN. I can access and share all of the other folders on the drive with no problems. I can "see" the problem folder and subfolders, but when I try to access the folder, I get the message "do not have permission to...
November 8th 08 08:28 AM
by Steve Winograd Go to last post
3 286
Now pinging isn't ever right XP to Vista by chasgl
I have XP machines on a home network where all the networking is OK. I'm having such a variety of problems with the Vista on the network though. I have XP machines at IP addresses 192.168.1.50 (static) and 192.168.1.103 (current dynamic) they can ping back and forth and can ping my Vista at 1092.168.1.102 (current dynamic). But when I ping the XP machines from the Vista it times out. ...
November 8th 08 04:47 AM
by chasgl Go to last post
4 322
Very SLOW file sharing between XP/Vista by Grand_Poobah[_2_]
I see several threads concerning similar problems, but not quite like this. I have several XP computers that have been communicating just fine between themselves for years. I purchased a nice Vista Home Premium 64-bit laptop and set up what I thought was a good file sharing system. Network Neighborhoods on ALL computers show each other as on the network - they are all in the same...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 08 07:44 PM
by Grand_Poobah[_2_] Go to last post
10 544
Sharing folder from Vista to XP by Grace
Hi, Could someone refer me to a good explanation how to share securly a folder between a Vista computer and a XP computer in a home network while not exposing it to both the internet? I have two desktop and a router (which acts like a NAT of course). Thanks Grace
November 7th 08 12:43 AM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1201_] Go to last post
1 314
Did vista change the way ping responds? by Todd[_5_]
Hi All, Did Vista change the way ping responds when it can not find the remote host? Usually ping will tell you that it could not find the IP you entered, not some other IP (the local machine's IP). Many thanks, -T C:\ping 192.168.1.10
November 6th 08 11:49 PM
by Todd[_5_] Go to last post
0 263
Offline Files Synchronization Errors (Vista Sync Center) by Salvador Manaois III
Hi, This has got me stumped. My users' home folders are stored on a NetApp filer (cifs). "My Documents" and "Favorites" are redirected and are made available offline. On the filer, oplocks has been set to "on". When a user syncs his offline files from his Windows Vista Enterprise computer, the "view sync results" window displays a lot of errors (Details: "The process cannot access the file...
November 6th 08 01:20 PM
by Salvador Manaois III Go to last post

From The