Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
network funnies by Mat[_3_]
Hi, I am running Vista & connected to W2K3 domain. I have a few funnies I wonder if anyone could shed some light onto. When going to manage network connections my LAN connection which is connected via CAT5 & working identifies that it is connected to my domain but shows with a small red cross against it... Is this correct? Also when opening Outlook 2007 which connectes to an Exchange 2003...
November 5th 08 09:56 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1200_] Go to last post
4 314
Connecting to network printer by Silver Fox[_3_]
I am trying to connect to a network printer from my laptop with Vista operating system. The printer (Lexmark 5200 series) is conected by USB cable to my desktop with XP operating system. I keep getting this error message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000000d)." I have set up the network, configures my Firewall (Norton 360) and can file...
November 5th 08 01:17 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1198_] Go to last post
3 430
Cannot connect to multiple networks by Hmail
I am having trouble with connecting to more than one network. I have two networks, one wired network, and one wireless. The wired one is just a local network, the wireless is connected to the internet. In Windows XP, it was no problem connecting to both, just connect the two adapters, and everything worked. In Windows Vista, I can't connect to them both. I have to make a choice between them,...
November 4th 08 10:12 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1197_] Go to last post
4 250
XP Vista networking peculiarities by chasgl
I have a home network my XP computers play together well. I introduced a Vista Pro computer into the network. The XP computers do not show up in the Network Sharing Center or full Network map of the Vista computer. But one, lets call it XPA, of them does show up by IP address not by name if I go to network. If I click on XPA computer in Network I get a window that only shows an icon...
November 4th 08 09:28 PM
by chasgl Go to last post
2 354
Sierra Wireless blocked by recent WU update by Johnathan Seal
Howdy, I have the Sierra Wireless Express card for wireless broadband (3G). I had not used it for a few weeks - using a local hot spot instead. Over this time several Vista Security fixes were downloaded from Windows Update and installed. The Sierra Wireless card will no longer connect complaining that it cannot dial out. Triage Steps:
November 4th 08 07:41 PM
by Johnathan Seal Go to last post
0 312
Ping 192.168.1.101 but the response is 192.168.1.107 by Davmes Tan Chee Seng
Dear Folks, I had bought a new Canon PIXMA MP 628 printer and it works well with my tablet PC running Vista Home Premium. However, I am having difficulties to enable it to work on my another notebook, which is running Vista Home Premium as well. Initially, I thought that it could be the printer drivers problem and thus, I reinstalled all printer drivers but alas, no effect. When I went to...
November 4th 08 12:57 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1196_] Go to last post
1 327
Network 'Identifying' Difficulty with Bluetooth MS Driver(s)--Conflict? Vista 64-bit Ultimate by Susan[_5_]
I was determined today to successfully install my new Bluetooth Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000 on my new Sager NP9262 Vista Ultimate 64-bit laptop--and I finally was. I was already using a new NETGEAR wireless router to the Internet and HP wireless printer successfully through that router. The story isn't directly about Bluetooth--but what happened after--except that I had to revert back to...
November 4th 08 02:46 AM
by Susan[_5_] Go to last post
0 272
6TO4 adaptor & isatap possible cable unplugged problem?? by Al
I am still unable to solve the unplugged cable problem despite still having full internet connection. I have looked in my Device Manager in the control panel & under Network Adaptors are 13 instances of 6TO4 adaptors with explanation marks on & 15 instances of isatap 03E45671-B214-4734-9F14-F5AA43F87018 with explanation marks on, can someone tell me what these are & whether they are...
November 4th 08 02:19 AM
by Susan[_5_] Go to last post
1 329
RDC from Windows 2000 to Vista Business by Dan
Hi, I am trying to use remote desktop connection to go from Windows 2000 at work to a Windows Vista Business machine at home. I have set up my home router to forward the correct ports and people are able to connect fine from other computers (running Windows XP Pro). Whenever I try to connect though from work using Windows 2000, it gives me an error telling me it cannot connect or that the...
November 3rd 08 10:43 PM
by Dan Go to last post
6 416
Vista SP1 breaks SMB port forwarding with SSH by Chris Rodgers
Hi, I have used SSH to map a network drive on a remote windows machine successfully for the last year or so, following the instructions he http://www.blisstonia.com/eolson/notes/smboverssh.php In brief, one adds a loopback network interface, then uses SSH to listen on this interface on port 445 and forward any connections to the remote machine.
November 3rd 08 10:15 PM
by seaders Go to last post
1 305
Network share no longer available Vista & XP by prototypelmp
Hi All - have a strange problem: Vista Enterprise with 3 file shares. Mixed group of users with 4 Vista and 10 XP in a domain. Each user has an Administrator account on the Vista PC, and full access to each of the 3 file shares. A few times a week, the XP people can't get to the file shares, while the Vista people still can. When an XP user clicks on the disconnected file share they get no...
November 3rd 08 10:04 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1194_] Go to last post
1 329
Windows cannot connect to network printer by tiredandconfused
I am trying to add a printer that is on my network, windows XP is the host computer, to my lap top Vista. I get the error "Cannot connect to printer. Operation could not be completed error x000000d." I used to be able to print to this printer from my lap top, but something happened to the network and I couldn't find the host computer. So I changed the name and then I could share files from...
November 3rd 08 03:17 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1191_] Go to last post
1 303
Windows Wireless Service Not Found by aliHaris
Hello I'm using a Compaq Laptop (HP). I'm having a problem in connecting to a Wireless Network. In network connection Wireless Network is disabled. When i enable it, It dont change. When i diagnosis, It says "Windows Wireless Service is not Found in this Computer". How can i solve this problem? From where i can get the Driver or
November 3rd 08 12:45 AM
by Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Go to last post
7 347
Internet Connection Sharing between Vista and Ubuntu. by [email protected]
Hey all I am trying to connect my Windows Vista Laptop to my Linux Ubuntu desktop via. a 10/100 Mb/s switch. I also am trying to enable internet connection sharing so I can allow my Ubuntu desktop to access the internet. The reason that I am doing this is I am unable to find a specific driver in Linux for my 64bit operating system on my desktop computer, so I am trying to configure an internet...
November 2nd 08 02:50 PM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post
5 289
Local access only, no internet? by Bill Kearney
I've got a Vista 64bit box, joined to a domain, that has two network interfaces. Both of the networks to which they're attached have access to the internet. One's on DSL, the other fiber. Yet vista shows no internet connection for the machine (red in the network and sharing control panel. WTF is going on here? Just what foolishness is Vista engaging in to determine whether it has
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 1st 08 06:54 PM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
12 645
Connecting Vista VPN drops wireless network connection by Bigfoot
I have a VistaSP1 laptop used between two different store locations. The stores are setup identically with a Linksys WRV210 wireless router. The laptop has a wireless network connection setup for each office. The internal addresses are different for each office. The laptop works as expected at one of the stores. At the other store the laptop will work on the internal network and get to the...
November 1st 08 06:20 PM
by Bigfoot Go to last post
0 283
Cannot connect to XP Printer from Vista Home Basic by guy
I have successfully connected my XP desktop to my new Vista desktop with file sharing working fine but cannot connect my XP printer to my vista desktop. When adding a printer in Vista, I see the XP printer but when trying to load it I get the following error: "Windows cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete the application. Please close some programs and try...
November 1st 08 09:36 AM
by dilip badaik Go to last post
3 313
Network is completely useless by Mike Chartre
I have a dell precision m6300 notebook (Vista). It has been used on my companys network with no big problems for six months. After a droped vpn connection this weekend, the network is inaccessable through either nic or wireless. VPN stills works (VPN passthrough to workstation). Internet still works fine (wired or wireless). I can ping all network computers and vise versa (router also). ...
October 31st 08 03:47 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
2 288
Shared folders on Xp cannot be found from Vista by Terry
I have a Windows XP machine (sp3) and a Vista machine in the same workgroup (only these two on the network). Both machines have shared folders and the XP machine has a shared printer. The XP machine can see the shared folders on the Vista machine however the Vista machine cannot find the XP machine or the printer on the XP machine. Network discover is on permissions are set for everyone...
October 31st 08 09:55 AM
by Terry Go to last post
7 311
just moved, no internet by ka45239
I moved from Cincinnati to a neighboring town and brought my modem with me. There are apparently several wireless networks in the neighborhood and I can occassionally log onto the internet, but not always, and usually not to the network that my modem is supposed to be providing. When the internet does not connect, I get the message that the connection "failed due to unknown reasons". ...
October 30th 08 10:58 PM
by beoweolf Go to last post

From The