Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
error on the complete backup by Alberto
Hi, The complete partition backup file created by Vista Ultimate (backup utility tool) is checked for errors before saved? I haven't still use it, but in the future if I need to recover my OS from a complete Vista Backup I want this is ok. Thanks
October 18th 08 01:38 PM
by Alberto Go to last post
0 250
Vista update issues by bebe
My computer is trying to install one of the vista update (KB938371) from 5/15/08 and fail during the installation....it succeed installing all the other update before and after this one but can do this one...what shoudl i do?
October 18th 08 08:25 AM
by TaurArian[_3_] Go to last post
5 278
RealPlayer vs. Sleep Mode by Brandon Taylor[_2_]
I have a quick question. I know I may sound ignorant asking this, but I simply have to know: Will Windows Vista still engage "sleep mode" while RealPlayer is actively playing media? Brandon Taylor
October 18th 08 06:32 AM
by Brandon Taylor[_2_] Go to last post
0 277
vista stop working when using internet by jovipk
hi every one, i am using vista basic addition on my laptop, My Vista computer uses a wireless connection to connect internet and after an half hour or 15 minutes it always stops working. ... i have to log of and log in again to work, there is no lan network or sharing, anyone plz can help me.’ rgds, :D -- Posted at author's request, using http://www.WinForumz.com interface. Articles...
October 18th 08 05:10 AM
by david manvell Go to last post
3 270
Vista Home Basic 64 and non functioning Lite-On DVD-RW by Siddoogie
I'm working on a system using this drive, Lite-On DH 20A4P 04. The owner reported that the drive suddenly didn't work. In Device Manager the drive is shown with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark in it. In Properties is the following message, "Windows cannot load the device drivers for this hardware. The driver maybe corrupted or missing." The OS is Windows Vista Home Basic 64. ...
October 18th 08 04:38 AM
by david manvell Go to last post
1 240
taskbar icons by Melissa Little[_2_]
October 18th 08 02:55 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 224
Vista crashes when waking up from hibernate/sleep by Steve[_42_]
I am running Home Premium SP1 on an MSI laptop with 2 gb of ram, an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT w/512 mb of dedicated VRAM, Realtek HD Audio and a Bluetooth Mouse. The only thing running in my System Tray is AVG, but it crashes even with that disabled. I have gone into the TaskMana Whenever I put the computer into sleep, hybrid sleep or hibernate mode, it crashes to blue screen displaying the...
October 17th 08 11:58 PM
by Steve[_42_] Go to last post
6 257
Sleep Mode by Alex
Hi, I have MS Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 x64. My motherboard is ASUS P5B. I have an ASUS Wireless LAN PCI Adapter ( WL-138G V2 ). Before to install my new Asus Wireless LAN PCI Adapter my computer was not waking up itself! After I installed Asus Wireless LAN PCI Adapter my computer is starting itself 1 second later ( after the computer is going to sleep ). What can i do?
October 17th 08 11:51 PM
by Victek Go to last post
1 273
Windows will not start by AJ
When I last shut down my computer, the "install updates and shut down" button was 'on' so I clicked it. Computer shut down as expected... When I tried to start it again the next day, it had to install updates and was going slowly, so I walked away. When I came back minutes later, I had a black screen saying that "Windows failed to start" and a file was corrupt (can't remember which one at...
October 17th 08 04:52 PM
by AJ Go to last post
0 248
Right sidebar on desktop by news.microsoft.com[_10_]
How is the sidebar that keeps popping up on the right hand side of the desktop gotten rid of? It covers the icons I use on that side which, unlike in XP, will not stay where I place them.
October 17th 08 09:42 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_4_] Go to last post
3 229
HELP! by Mr. Arnold[_4_]
Stupid Usenet users: I have been away for a while; involuntary confinement in a Lunatic Asylum. Stupid Vista, the stupid OPs, their stupid questions, and your even more stupid answers caused this. Also, everything got on top of me; aunts, uncles, even the family dog. Gosh, I am sore. But, I can see light at the end of the tunnel (I think it is a train!) I try to take my Zoloft hourly (doctor's...
October 17th 08 03:21 AM
by Mr. Arnold[_4_] Go to last post
1 278
I need some files by alejangomez
Hi everyone, I've tried everything to fix my vista 64 bit home premium but I couldn't make it work. I Accidentally rewrote this files trying to install something *themecpl.dll* *themecpl.mui* *DreamScene.dll* *DreamScene.mui* Now I cannot personalize my desktop (error messagge: "the page failed
October 16th 08 02:35 PM
by alejangomez Go to last post
2 257
System restore won't work by Rick
Hi, I am running Vista 32 bit, and I cannot get system restore to run under Windows, it will run in Safe Mode, and restore points are being made successfully. I just cannot get System Restore to run under windows,I keep gertting an error message that states that sytem restore was unsucessful. After doing some reading on the newsgroups, I have discovered that somehow the Systems Restore...
October 16th 08 02:07 PM
by Mark H[_2_] Go to last post
7 253
Windows Media Player has stopped working by Jimdoc51
The above error message appears every time I attempt to open Windows Media Player on Vista Ultimate 64. It goes on to say: " A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windoes will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." It never does and I am becoming increasingly frustrated!
October 16th 08 01:28 PM
by foster Go to last post
4 206
restarting always by faruque
i have an hp s3210.me which has windows vista home premium. i bought it fews days ago and now when i turn it on it keeps on restarting by itself. i took only the cpu to the shop i bought from but when they put it to their monitor it doesn't restart at all. -- faruque
October 16th 08 12:56 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 249
Vista 64: Please help me get rid of mobsync.exe and wmplayer.exe always running in the background by Georg[_2_]
I looked around for some time, but i did not get any usable answer. I am running Vista Ultima 64 and i ask fior advice applying to Vista and NOT 2000. The Problem: using process explorer and tasskmanager i constantly see mobsync.exe running as well as wmplayer, invisible in the background. It looks like they index something.
October 16th 08 03:05 AM
by basilirwin[_2_] Go to last post
3 348
System Restore/VSS Not working in Vista Ultimate by btr94
I am having the same issue as described in this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-performance/673392.htm I am getting the error 0x81000109 when trying to create a restore point. Event Viewer Information: Volume Shadow Copy Service warning: ASR writer Error 0x80070037. hr = 0x00000000.
October 15th 08 10:56 PM
by Mark H[_2_] Go to last post
3 234
Windows Update bug: empty screen, button with no text by Dennisc1011
My vista Business's Windows Update has a bug, the screen always displays an empty screen with a button with no text. After click on the button, nothing happens. I simply cannot use Windows Update at all. Anyone know how to fix this?? Thanks!
October 15th 08 05:48 PM
by JerryM Go to last post
1 204
can't set photo as desktop background by yorkshire lass
When I try to set a photo which is in my Photo albums as desktop background, either by right clicking or via File/set as......, sometimes I can do it and sometimes I can't and then I get a message to say check permissions for this file. Please can someone tell me how to do this. I forgot to mention that when I right clicked on the file/properties/security I found 1 System (This entry was blued...
October 15th 08 04:20 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
3 219
Vista Complete Backup by Alberto
Hi, Vista complete backup save only 1 backup. If I backup after 1 week the previous backup is deleted. I save my Vista Backup's on a reserved partition (175GB) of an external hd. Please let me know Thanks
October 15th 08 03:32 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post

From The