Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Recovery Drive Gone by Wakener
Hi-- After some major problems with my system, I had to perform a complete reinstall of Vista. The folks from Dell talked me through it. But now, in my My Computer window, where it used to show my 2 hard drives plus the Recovery Drive, it no longer shows the Recovery Drive. I was relatively sure that space was partitioned off of my C drive, but it's not showing up. there's a possibility that a...
February 14th 10 08:26 AM
by Wakener Go to last post
0 199
Vista x64, computer only shows background by docwalrus
Whenever I start up my computer, all I see is my background. No icons, no start bar, nothing. If I press ctrl+alt+delete, all I see is a black screen (pressing escape goes back to my background.) I literally JUST installed mass effect 2 and tried to restart to fix another problem with the game not starting when this problem appeared. Any quick help would be appreciated. -- docwalrus
February 14th 10 12:34 AM
by No Name Go to last post
4 288
Error when I turn on computer by dawn8148
When I turn on my computer I keep getting the following error: Run DLL error loading c:\program-1\mywebs-1\bar\1.bin\m3plugin.dll. I run antivirus everyday - I was told I had to go to the microsoft web site to fix a few problems I did that now I get this error everytime I turn on my computer. -- dawn8148
February 13th 10 10:50 PM
by TheDuck[_2_] Go to last post
8 389
Jerky Mouse & Sound Issues by Ben Trasherson
Installed Vista Ultimate 32bit on new WD 200GB hard drive. I'm running: - Supermicro MB - P4 3.2Ghz - 3GB RAM - Radeon X600 Graphics - RealTec AC97 Audio - Logitech Wireless KB & Optical Mouse
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 10 10:32 PM
by TheDuck[_2_] Go to last post
16 607
Avast AV Scanner by Paul Calcagno
Not sure where to post this so here goes: Can anyone comment on whether they think an Avast's AV scanner is any good. I just got finished fixing a friends 2 month old Vista laptop that wouldn't start up. I managed to boot it into `the last known good configuration' then ran CCleaner, MBAM, SAS and Spybot. WU's were downlevel. Just seems like with Avast running on this machine things got...
February 13th 10 10:15 PM
by Paul Calcagno Go to last post
0 220
Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works. by iwantacoconut
Hi, im having an issue here. one day my explorer.exe stopped working and would not load. Even task manger wont launch. When I go to Windows\exeplorer.exe and launch it manualy it starts but crashes immedialty. Even after reboot it crashes upon startup. Ive checked the regedit and the shell area says explorer.exe like it should. I dont know whats going on but its fustrating so far im able to use...
February 13th 10 04:13 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
8 380
Explorer.exe stopped working and no longer works. by iwantacoconut
Hi, im having an issue here. one day my explorer.exe stopped working and would not load. Even task manger wont launch. When I go to Windows\exeplorer.exe and launch it manualy it starts but crashes immedialty. Even after reboot it crashes upon startup. Ive checked the regedit and the shell area says explorer.exe like it should. I dont know whats going on but its fustrating so far im able to use...
February 13th 10 08:41 AM
by iwantacoconut Go to last post
0 190
regsvr32/u lmpgspl.ax by boopygirl
I have a problem with this errore popping up. I have checked the forum but cannot seem to find the answer to it. I found one person with this problem buut they were trying to run clips in windows movie. I am however not trying to do anything like this but I still get the error message anyway. Is there anyone out there who can help me please i have already tried the suggestions for the other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 10 11:50 AM
by sagoga Go to last post
13 504
Missing MSVCR71.dll file by LR[_3_]
For some reason, I'm getting three error messages that the MSVCR71.dll file was not found. So the DVDAgent.exe and CLMSSvc.exe and one other appl fail to start. What to do? Could my AVG software have deleted it? Please help, Lynette
February 8th 10 08:42 PM
by LR[_3_] Go to last post
0 199
Error Code 800736B2 - I can't install ANY updates by MDUser
I have a relatively new laptop with Vista, and I cannot install any updates. I receive an error code 800736B2. Lots on the web about removing Kaspersky Internet Security, but I don't seem to have this software. What can I do to update my laptop?
February 8th 10 07:44 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
2 315
Error Code 800736B2 - I can't install ANY updates by MDUser
I have a relatively new laptop with Vista, and I cannot install any updates. I receive an error code 800736B2. Lots on the web about removing Kaspersky Internet Security, but I don't seem to have this software. What can I do to update my laptop?
February 8th 10 04:53 PM
by MDUser Go to last post
0 208
need helping restoring data made with backup/restore program by backupdisater
HP pavillion laptop on vista 64 (purchased 8/09) system hosed so HP did a reformat back to factory settings I used vista backup & restore file management program instead of straight copy and paste. I have a backup set on my external that the restore file does not want to recognize and says location in unavailble. if there any other programs that an read the vista global cat file and restore my...
February 7th 10 01:27 PM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
6 288
Phantom CD Drive by Pat Garard[_2_]
G'Day All, Since installing Vista HP (about 6 months ago), I have had a 'phantom' CD drive (always Drive Letter E). I have so far tolerated it - but not knowing what the h&ll it is is irritating me! The FOXCONN Motherboard has an (unused) CD connector, but FOXCONN don't believe that that is the problem.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 10 11:40 AM
by Binakadara Jayasanka Go to last post
13 491
Vista blue screen problem...please help! by ceVil
I've seen some other threads, here are the dump files: 'RapidSha 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting' (http://rapidshare.com/files/347103149/Minidump.rar.html) Please, help me out here. -- ceVil
February 7th 10 07:19 AM
by ceVil Go to last post
0 168
8 GB Ram with PAE by Luigi
A Windows Seven system, with PAE enable, can manage up to 8 GB Ram? Thanks in advance. Luis
February 6th 10 05:39 PM
by Luigi Go to last post
0 166
Vista x64, computer only shows background by docwalrus
Whenever I start up my computer, all I see is my background. No icons, no start bar, nothing. If I press ctrl+alt+delete, all I see is a black screen (pressing escape goes back to my background.) I literally JUST installed mass effect 2 and tried to restart to fix another problem with the game not starting when this problem appeared. Any quick help would be appreciated. -- docwalrus
February 6th 10 01:13 PM
by docwalrus Go to last post
0 155
need helping restoring data made with backup/restore program by backupdisater
HP pavillion laptop on vista 64 (purchased 8/09) system hosed so HP did a reformat back to factory settings I used vista backup & restore file management program instead of straight copy and paste. I have a backup set on my external that the restore file does not want to recognize and says location in unavailble. if there any other programs that an read the vista global cat file and restore my...
February 6th 10 08:35 AM
by backupdisater Go to last post
0 173
registry errors by doneganw
Dear All, Would this be the right place to ask questions about registry errors? I recently downloaded a free registry error scanner that said my PC has lots of these registry error? It won't remove them without a payment though. -- Bye, William J. Donegan
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 4th 10 05:15 AM
by doneganw Go to last post
20 582
missing m3plugin.dll by NL
I get error when starting C:\program__2\mywebs~1\2.bin\m3plugin.dll. how can get this fill or fix the problem?
February 4th 10 01:04 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 278
print folder content in explore by Beth
Does anyone know how to print folder contents from explore. I did find a program but not for Vista. I was hoping for freeware.
February 3rd 10 10:07 AM
by shumaker212 Go to last post

From The