Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
sony ericsson phone by True Scotsman
Windows Vista wont let me run the software for my Sony Ericsson K610i mobile phone ???????. I want to download video from the phone to Media player
March 29th 07 01:36 PM
by True Scotsman Go to last post
4 229
Windows Update ERROR 80072EE6 by mamajewell
When I try to update I get error message 80072EE6 can anyone tell me how to clear this error so I can update? -- JAH
March 29th 07 09:24 AM
by mamajewell Go to last post
0 175
problem w/internet speed w/vista by Carolyn
Hello! I'm not very computer literate so I'm not sure how to explain this but.. We just purchased a new lapton w/vista installed and we purchased a satelite internet system. Our speeds are slower than the dial-up we used to have. I have called the company many times and they tell me that they can not check my system b/c it's VISTA. They told me that it may be configured wrong, but I...
March 29th 07 07:07 AM
by PAG Go to last post
3 192
Windows Defender by Rick Kirchoff
Microsoft is once again trying to limit users to using only their products. Windows Defender may be a good antispyware program but Microsoft ought to give the computer's owner the option to uninstall it if they so desire. I've been using Spybot for a number of years and although it is a bit finicky at times, it is the best I've seen lately but it must be properly configured through the...
March 29th 07 03:09 AM
by Rock Go to last post
5 175
Modify registry by rscapers
I have a new Dell laptop running Vista Business and every time I open Word (2003) I'm asked to accept the "end-user license agreement." I see that this is a known problem, but the only instructions I can find to fix it involve modifying the registry and all instructions apply to computers running Windows XP or 2003 Server. Those instructions don't seem to work with Vista Business: When I try...
March 29th 07 12:48 AM
by Night Keeper Go to last post
2 166
Unable synch PC time for the last 8 hours by Peter
I get "an error occurred...blah blah" when I try to synch the PC clock with either time.windows.com or time.nist.gov. I've even put an exception in McAfee's Firewall Plus 8 System Services for "Network Time Protocol - Port 123". Anyone else finding this problem today? -- Peter Toronto, Canada XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated
March 28th 07 10:43 PM
by Peter Go to last post
6 182
W E I not completing... by Bill
I just put in a new video card and wanted to refresh my windows experience score. It ran fine but at the end a box came up and said it couldn't finish because of a device or program. Any fixes to this???? Thanks, Bill
March 28th 07 10:10 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 167
dwm.exe frequent crashes by wez
I have a problem which i have been trying to solve for the last week it's driving me mad. PC is made by Maxdata: MS-7173 board (with vista compatible bios) Pentium D 3.4ghz dual core 2gb RAM (matched pair) 250gb SATA drive (samsung sp2504c) additional hardware (tested with & without)
March 28th 07 09:56 PM
by wez Go to last post
0 175
suddenly no sound by GDG
Brand-new computer w/Vista. Sound was working (but not much volume), and suddenly now it's not. I checked through the control panel and it tells me that the sound card is OK and everything's working -- but no sound. Speakers are plugged in. Any suggestions?
March 28th 07 08:14 PM
by GDG Go to last post
2 168
I have 'lost' one core of my CPU - Please help. by Roy Mayo
Hi, I got the dreaded Error 43 message, after installing Vista and changing from single core CPU to dual core CPU on my nF3 motherboard with ATI AGP graphics card. I next used VistabootPro to shut down one core, and see whether the ATI Catalyst software would work again. It did. But the computer slowed down too much. So I tried to start VistabootPro again to revert to dual core operation.
March 28th 07 05:29 PM
by Steven Wimer Go to last post
1 185
how do i delete a full backup by Andru
i have installed vista ultimate and have done a full backup.I then went on to install more programs and wanted to do another full backup.the only option i have now is to do a incremental backup which i cannot do as i deleted the 1st full backup as i was going to do a full backup. My question is how do i get vista to allow me to do another full backup not a incremetal one. Cheers
March 28th 07 04:50 PM
by Jill Zoeller [MSFT] Go to last post
3 184
Wastebasket gone by Carl G
Hi Guys and Gals Some time between last night and this eavening my recycle bin disapeared from my desktop. Can't find it with search. It is still on my pc somewhere because it is listed in windows explorer , and I can open it and has deleted files in it yet. How would I go about finding where it went to? thanks in advance. --
March 28th 07 04:50 PM
by Carl G Go to last post
4 161
Vista Premium Update errors by walter.u
Packard Bell 2380 with Vista Premium 10 dfays old. The following will not work...... PBUpdator.exe iupdator.exe SMP Sys.exe plus a couple of others I now get the message that "name" has stopped working ...Windows will inform when there is a solution.
March 28th 07 10:29 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 168
access denied to files folders. by Don
I sign on as administartor and try to open folders and get access denied. How do i correct this.
March 28th 07 10:11 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
7 205
Help!! Vista won't boot ans no recovery option by iam bennu
This is my second time experienceing this. First with a beta and now with Vista Business. The system will not boot as it feezes at the bootsceen. Even in Safe mode it does not get past the boot. When I try the sugestion of putting my install disc in and rebooting to it. I do not get a the startup option. It tells me that windows is in "setup" as if I have just loaded and upgrade and begins to...
March 28th 07 09:04 AM
by Gibson Go to last post
1 182
Client Side Cache syncing killing machine performance... by Etienne
I am using my desktop and laptop in a domain environment where the My Documents folder is redirected to the Domain controller. When I boot either of the machines my disk activity goes to 100% and stays there for a long time. Using task manager and Resource Monitor, I have identified the culprit as the Offline Files process, syncing with the domain controller. It shows up as using Normal IO...
March 28th 07 04:08 AM
by Etienne Go to last post
0 167
Task Schedular problem by Michael
VISTA home premium what I did: changed name of my machine from walraven-pc to desktop problem: No longer get reminders from windows calendar In task scheduler Library Microsoft Windows WindowsCalendar
March 28th 07 03:43 AM
by Michael Go to last post
5 166
Service Error 2147949014 by wabeard6596
Help please, My Event Viewer repeatedly reports, The KtmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator service terminated with service-specific error 2147949014 (0x800719D6). How do I fix this? Thanks...
March 28th 07 03:34 AM
by wabeard6596 Go to last post
0 162
Windows Explorer has stopped working by Zam
Well today I just upgraded to windows vista home premium from windows xp and the first thing i get from when vista started is a pop up saying "windows explorer has stopped working." It gives me two options of restarting or checking online for solution then restarting windows explorer. I have tried both outcomes multiple times. This would not be a big deal if i could go on and do my thing but...
March 28th 07 02:58 AM
by Zam Go to last post
0 167
4gb of Ram by Bluester
I installed vista for the first time and when I did I was expecting to see my 4gb of ram to show up but it only shows me that I have 2812mb of ram. Is there a way to get the rest of my ram to show up and/or be used? Any Help would be Greatly appreciated Thanks
March 28th 07 02:10 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post

From The