Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
System File Checker by [email protected]
Windows XP has a command function called System File Checker. Does Vista have the same thing?
August 21st 09 02:05 PM
by dgmacmi[_2_] Go to last post
5 214
Driver State Power Failure by Xth09
Hi i need serious help. I keep getting driver state power failure at shut down. I need some help to this solution. I checked my mini dump file to see what the problem was and it said ntoskrnl.exe? How can i fix this. Im so ****ed i spent 2k on a gaming computer and i get this dumb error at shut down. -- Xth09
August 21st 09 12:17 AM
by No Name Go to last post
3 188
Slow on logoff. by Erik
When a user is connected to the wired lan, then disconnects and connects to a wireless hotspot and tries to log off or shut down the normal 14 seconds ballon up into the minutes. I've narrowed the process down to GPClient, but as to what exactly GPClient is trying to do that is causing the increased time I have not figured out. Any suggestions on drilling down more on GPClient? Logoff...
August 20th 09 10:43 PM
by Erik Go to last post
2 221
Notebook Graphics by bgrimm1
Hey, my name is Brendan and i have an HP notebook (Pavilion dv2500CTO). Heres my graphics information: Geforece 8400M GS(Chip Type) Integrated RAMDAC(DAC Type) 816MB(Approx. Total Memory) The laptop came with 2GB of ram and i upgraded it to 4 GB and was wondering why i have not seen an increase in my Approx. Total Memory.
August 20th 09 11:33 AM
by SC Tom Go to last post
1 207
Omg "Turn Windows features on or off" by s3din
ok so i got on control panel then programs and features then i click on turn windows features on or off i click continue on the promt then the box coems up after its done loading and it black it has no folders in it for me to turn them on or off. HELP -- s3din
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 09 02:44 AM
by 13th_Panther[_3_] Go to last post
10 362
Power button color codes? by Sandy[_2_]
My HP running Vista has always turned the power button from blue to orange when the PC went into sleep mode. Recently instead of orange it has started flashing blue. I just installed the standard monthly MS updates but haven't changed anything else I can think of that might account for this. Google isn't helping. Can anyone enlighten me what these color codes signify and how they could...
August 19th 09 09:36 PM
by Dave T.[_4_] Go to last post
8 269
System Restore (Safe Mode) by Fruit2O
Can (and should) self-created Restore Points be created in Safe Mode? I sometimes have problems restoring in normal mode (I cannot restore from ANY restore points unless I go to safe mode). Then, in safe mode, I can't undo the restore point if I want to.
August 19th 09 04:25 PM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
1 209
Hardware interrupts using 50 % of the CPU usage... Need some help by anbusubash
I have bought a new vaio cs 35 lap... But after getting booted automatically the new process "Hardware interrupts" stats running killing 50% of my CPU usage... Which makes the lap to crawl.... Please help me..... -- anbusubash
August 19th 09 04:24 PM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
1 220
Error message - (0x800423F3) by kapper
When l try to do a System Restore, l keep getting the error message " The writer experienced a transient error if the backup process is retried, the error may not reoccur. (0x800423F3). What does it mean in laymans terms, and what can l do about it ? I have Vista Home Premium. Thanks in advance
August 19th 09 12:51 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 262
setup.exe has stopped working... won't let me uninstall by tasysam74
hi, i'm trying to uninstall a 3mobile usb broadband and it keeps coming up with "setup.exe has stopped working" these are the problems that it says *problem signatu* problem event name: appcrash application name: set43f2.tmp
August 18th 09 12:26 PM
by Bill Walsh Go to last post
3 254
Vista update Nvidia Driver by Clark[_4_]
Information Only: I accidentally hit the standby button, or update button and an update I had been avoiding was loaded without me being able to stop it. The Nvidia driver update from a couple of weeks ago seems to have problems during sleep operations. Since the update, I have lost my screen resolution when coming out of sleep and has reverted to a lower resolution. The system worked...
August 17th 09 01:51 AM
by Mort Go to last post
1 219
Vista/XP 64 - better RAM utilization? by archp2008
Hello, I have read a number of threads on various forums regarding the fact that XP/Vista 64 and other 64-bit OS's can, in some cases and with some tinkering, access more RAM than the 32-bit versions. There must be a million sites out there explaining why the 32-bit versions cannot access more than around 2.5 or 3 gb. I am yet to find a site, though, that demonstrates objective performance...
August 16th 09 01:17 PM
by archp2008 Go to last post
2 197
Vista Repair Problem by benny1man
I have a Dell XPS M1530 Vista Home Basic A few days ago i tried turning my computer on and it jsut kept restarting it self every time it boot. Ive had this problem b4, I fixed with repair. (this time the repair disk wasnt on me, i downloaded 1, if this is the case i will try the real one at my dads house) But this time when i try enter vista repair It shows black screen with a mouse. Please Help
August 16th 09 10:36 AM
by benny1man Go to last post
0 205
Good system booting extremly slow by Darkbluetuber
Hi, I have a Windows Vista x64. I never really minded the boot time since I would walk away when it boots. But when i realized that it was taking 3 minutes to boot, i knew that something was wrong. I'm an advanced home user and tried a lot of tweaks(msconfig, services, BIOS, some registry) and nothing really worked. When I power on the system, the BIOS screen is about 3 seconds, then the Windows...
August 16th 09 07:28 AM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 189
Windows Update Interruption by mwooster21
Last night I was just browsing the internet on my laptop, and Vista closes all my programs and starts updating. This ****ed me off because I had no warning. Before it finished I just closed the lid to my laptop. This morning when I turned it on the screen was black. I restarted and tried to run Vista but i kept getting a black screen. So I restarted again and tried safe mode. It didn't even...
August 15th 09 08:42 PM
by mwooster21 Go to last post
0 247
³Ì·s¤â¾÷¶}*ܯS»ù, ¥itrade-in¤â¾÷ by ¦¿°¶±j
¦¿¥ý¥Í 24230092
August 15th 09 03:01 AM
by t-4-2[_99_] Go to last post
1 251
RAM usage goes from low to critical by Therev
Hello friends: I haven't written recently because all seemed well. But something is troubling me, and I am not a techy. I have a Vista Premium AMD Turion x2 laptop, dual core, 250gb hd, 3g Ram. Since purchase in Oct 08 until a couple of days ago, upon boot the memory meter always started at around 35% or less and never went past mid 40s for any time. For some reason, for the past few days,...
August 15th 09 01:42 AM
by Therev Go to last post
2 219
New to the site, and REALLY need some help getting rid of Blue Screen of Death! Help. by theortolazaj
I have a Dell Inspiron 531 with 1022 RAM. It is a 32bit operating system running Vista Home Premium. Everytime I click shut down or restart, it goes to the normal shutting down screen, but it takes a bit longer than it usually does, then I see the spinning wheel in fromt of "Shutting Down" freeze for about 1 second, then blue screen pops up saying: "... IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
August 14th 09 11:07 PM
by theortolazaj Go to last post
0 204
Hibernation horrors by Sure
Hi guys, I'm running vista home 32 bit. I have accidently ended my last pc session with hibernation then pushed the off switch. Now, when I restart I get a "resume from hibernation"screen straight away and then nothing. I cannot use a keyboard (not on USB and not on ps), have no option to access bios or anything. I have tried using a boot cd but that doesnt work (even when I disconnect my HD). I...
August 14th 09 09:42 PM
by SC Tom Go to last post
1 195
Wav. Ext.? by Bill Walsh
Have Windows Vista Home Edition. Sound recorder saves recording from microphone only with WMA extension. How can I save a recorded file as a wave file? Thanks....BW
August 14th 09 12:36 PM
by SC Tom Go to last post

From The