Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Missing volume bar by coach5inbuff
I just purchased a new computer with Vista on it and when I began using it as I raised or lowered the volume a volume bar appeared that showed the relative level of the volume. For no reason, when I adjust the volume the bar no longer appears. I did not intentionally turn it off and would like it back on. How do I get the volume bar to reappear?
April 30th 10 05:13 PM
by tranks Go to last post
8 503
Windows Calendar stops working - Reminders do not pop up by Marz
I am using Windows Calendar with Vista Home Premium. Every month or so my Appointment reminders do not work. When I realize that this is happening, I open Windows Calendar and click on an Appointment to open it. Then, I get a pop-up window with all the reminders that should have fired earlier. I am just about ready to look for another calendar product.
April 28th 10 08:55 PM
by Frank Drew Leyda[_2_] Go to last post
2 474
No Support - error code 80071A90 by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint) "Sumit" wrote in message ... I have VISTA Home premium Security update KB938123 failed. Now can't find any support information for Error code 80071A90 can anyone help me with this problem? cmd_output OS="XPsp2"
April 28th 10 06:52 AM
by Honestbroker7 Go to last post
2 824
RAM by MS News Server
April 27th 10 09:59 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
6 574
My computer won't wake up from sleep mode by Patrik Habdak
Hello. I've got an issue .. 1. Vista Business x86 2. Notebook FS Amilo Pro v3545 (T5500) 3. Sleep mode problem The problem is, as title says, my computer won't wake up from sleep mode. When I try to wake it up, it takes about 2s to start and get to
April 26th 10 07:40 PM
by Patrik Habdak Go to last post
0 283
RAM by MS News Server
April 26th 10 05:53 PM
by MS News Server Go to last post
0 294
Screen Keeps Going Blank and Have to Turn Comp off with Vista by mgraw
I bought this laptop new at Best Buy in Oct. and it had Vista. It waws fine fro about the first week, but then I would be in the middle of ordering something or looking at a site and the screen just goes white. I have to turn comp off and back on and log in all over again. This is happening more and more frequently. I have good virus protection and run scans frequently to make sure I...
April 25th 10 02:27 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
2 420
Screen Keeps Going Blank and Have to Turn Comp off with Vista by mgraw
I bought this laptop new at Best Buy in Oct. and it had Vista. It waws fine fro about the first week, but then I would be in the middle of ordering something or looking at a site and the screen just goes white. I have to turn comp off and back on and log in all over again. This is happening more and more frequently. I have good virus protection and run scans frequently to make sure I...
April 25th 10 03:50 AM
by mgraw Go to last post
0 299
Vista runs out of physical memory when working with files 1GB - memory management issue? by Robert Janik
I regularly see issue where Vista runs out of physical memory and starts swapping memory into the page file and as hard drive operations dramatically increase explorer stops responding or is responding very slowly. One example is a situation where I have opened Visual Studio , while editing 3D scene in trueSpace. After opening and closing a 3D scene several times I experienced very slow...
April 21st 10 05:03 AM
by Robert Janik Go to last post
4 428
System Stability Report Won't Render by Gary[_20_]
Hi All, Running Vista HB SP2. Performance Monitor and Reliability Monitor are running and generating data. When I click on an event in Reliability Monitor I get a pop-up message with a red X. Internet Explorer cannot download . (there is a space before the period) The system cannot find the file specified.
April 21st 10 01:52 AM
by Gary[_20_] Go to last post
0 290
System Stability Report Won't Render by Gary[_20_]
Hi All, Running Vista HB SP2. Performance Monitor and Reliability Monitor are running and generating data. When I click on an event in Reliability Monitor I get a pop-up message with a red X. Internet Explorer cannot download . (there is a space before the period) The system cannot find the file specified.
April 21st 10 01:52 AM
by Gary[_20_] Go to last post
0 382
AudioEndpointBuilder Reading Excess Files by DualProgression
Recently I've encountered an issue in one of my svchost.exe's. The process is taking up over 200k memory and has 2 million+ I/O Others. When the service is traced it leads to AudioEndpointBuilder. I'm aware of what this program does and don't understand why it's reading excess files and taking up so much memory especially considering that I'm not running any kind of audio on my PC at the...
April 21st 10 12:57 AM
by DualProgression Go to last post
0 425
AudioEndpointBuilder Reading Excess Files by DualProgression
Recently I've encountered an issue in one of my svchost.exe's. The process is taking up over 200k memory and has 2 million+ I/O Others. When the service is traced it leads to AudioEndpointBuilder. I'm aware of what this program does and don't understand why it's reading excess files and taking up so much memory especially considering that I'm not running any kind of audio on my PC at the...
April 21st 10 12:57 AM
by DualProgression Go to last post
0 280
My computer won't go to the sleep mode by spotsaddle
My computer is new and it used to to into the sleep mode. Now it says that there is something wrong with the ATA Channel 1 and the drivers may need updated. I am not sure what to do and I don't want to turn my computer off each night and I also don't want to download something harmful that I am not even sure what it is. any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 10 12:24 AM
by Geekster Go to last post
15 713
Windows Calendar stops working - Reminders do not pop up by Marz
I am using Windows Calendar with Vista Home Premium. Every month or so my Appointment reminders do not work. When I realize that this is happening, I open Windows Calendar and click on an Appointment to open it. Then, I get a pop-up window with all the reminders that should have fired earlier. I am just about ready to look for another calendar product.
April 17th 10 05:49 PM
by Marz Go to last post
0 275
MSVBVM50.dll by Phyllis
I have Windows 7 and have a program that says I need MSVBVM50.dll to work. I downloaded the MXVBVM50.dll (cab) from this website but when I extract the two files neither will work. Message says access denied. Help -- pktm
April 17th 10 12:26 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 507
MSVBVM50.dll by Phyllis
I have Windows 7 and have a program that says I need MSVBVM50.dll to work. I downloaded the MXVBVM50.dll (cab) from this website but when I extract the two files neither will work. Message says access denied. Help -- pktm
April 16th 10 05:33 PM
by Phyllis Go to last post
0 281
manually uninstall a program by stickleback
When I try to upgrade or uninstall acrobat 9.2 I receive the following error: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." I've trolled around different postings and not found anything particularly useful. Can anyone suggest how I can manually uninstall acrobat? My OS is Vista Business. thanks.
April 16th 10 04:36 PM
by stickleback Go to last post
8 487
Automatic Update Error 80070424 by Shane Point O
- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows Update window I receive: "Windows could not search for new updates Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown error."
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 16th 10 10:48 AM
by majolica Go to last post
17 798
manually uninstall a program by stickleback
When I try to upgrade or uninstall acrobat 9.2 I receive the following error: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." I've trolled around different postings and not found anything particularly useful. Can anyone suggest how I can manually uninstall acrobat? My OS is Vista Business. thanks.
April 16th 10 12:23 AM
by stickleback Go to last post

From The