Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 04:06 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 328
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 04:06 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 293
Interesting Observation on Vista performance? by Gordon[_9_]
Previously, (pre-SP1) I allowed WU to do all the updating, resulting in many individual updates being installed prior to SP1. Performance was OK, but IE8 was a bit sluggish. I have just re-imaged the HDD, and immediately installed SP1 from the stand-alone installer, before launching WU. There is certainly a brisker feel about the machine, and IE8 is definitely faster, noticeably so.
July 11th 09 01:10 AM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
3 255
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:47 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 234
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:47 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 265
Disk Space Cleanup Manager has stopped working by nealc10
When I try to run Disk Cleanup(in the system tools group, in accessories), It first says: Choose which files to clean up: MY FILES Files from all users on this computer With either choice, I keep getting this message: Disk Space Cleanup Manager has stopped working
July 10th 09 10:12 PM
by Frank Holman[_2_] Go to last post
3 1,124
Long Shutdown Time X64 by Steve
Hey All. Does any one have any idea what might be causing my long shutdown times ? ShutdownUserSessionTime 17943 ShutdownUserPolicyTime 14602 System:
July 10th 09 01:57 AM
by Steve Go to last post
0 292
Can't Install or Uninstall Error 1310 by LJuliet97
I am getting an Error 1310 when I try to install Adobe CS3 on my Vista Ultimate computer. I am also getting this error when I try to uninstall Quark 7.3 (that I installed earlier today with no problems) The error states that it can't write to the C;\config.msi\... file. I have changed the permission so everyone has full control. I ran msiexec /unreg & msiexec /regserver I have never used...
July 9th 09 09:42 PM
by distantskunk[_2_] Go to last post
3 299
Vista BSOD error c5 by Amit Kher
Help please! I'm getting BSOD quite frequently & some of the errors that I've noticed mentioned on the Blue Screen include - C5 error Bad_Pool_Caller Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal with D1 error Have uploaded the last 4 dump files renamed to .doc as .dmp was rejected
July 9th 09 03:11 PM
by Amit Kher Go to last post
0 270
Vista won't restart / shutdown by Stardust0124
Hello. I'm posting this again because i can't find the other post i made after i deleted the email that contained the link. Here goes I reinstalled vista recently and now when i press restart ~ from the start bar ~ the pc will do all the operations needed as in quit applications, shut down windows and then it's just black screen and fans spinning. Someone gave me a solution to this but it...
July 8th 09 06:42 PM
by pangi Go to last post
5 302
A single Autounattend.xml for both x86 and AMD64 by Wayne
I have combined all the versions of the OS (including x86 and AMd64) onto one DVD. I want to be able to use one autounattend file. So no matter if they choose the Enterprise x86 or Enterprise x64, it will still work. I've tried adding new rows for the x64, but that doesn't seem to work. If anyone has ideas how to do this, or accomplish it using another method I would appreciate the hepl.
July 8th 09 04:36 PM
by Wayne Go to last post
0 236
explorer.exe crash/ sleep mode disabled by wolfe
ok i am currently running a system with these specs OS: vista home premium CPU : dual core 3.1 ghtz amd athlon MB: ASUS M2A-VM Ram : 8 gig installed and recognized.
July 8th 09 05:05 AM
by wolfe Go to last post
0 207
Personalization "page failed to load" by superelite21
Hi i've been trying to figure this out for about 2 months. When i try to load personalization from either control panel or right clicking on the desktop i get "the page failed to load" message in the middle of a blank page. Also, some of my icons on my desktop have a missing icon including the recycle bin. And the icons in my C: Drive are missing it's just blank. Please help, thanks. My specs:
July 8th 09 02:02 AM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
2 210
Unwanted MS Messenger by John Maguire
My sister just bought a laptop with Vista installed, and each time she goes into Windows, Messenger starts up, blocking her screen. She does intend to use this app. I am familiar with how to get rid of it on Windows XP, and tried to talk her through it over the phone, as she lives quite a distance from me, but according to her the Add/Remove Window components does not appear on the Control...
July 7th 09 09:39 PM
by propman[_3_] Go to last post
1 211
Vista chkdsk wont skip by IkithME
I've tried everything and I'm about to format and reinstall vista if I can't get any help. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64. My computer boots up fine gets to the windows splash screen then does chkdsk and freezes after checking drive C:. Restarting causes it to get to the Windows splash screen again and run chkdsk and freeze after checking C:. I cannot get out of this loop as my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 09 07:48 PM
by Kotuku Go to last post
11 404
Windows Update blocked by file association error by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint) "philtuber" wrote in message ... This problem may have followed installation of SP2 on my Vista 64 HP, not sure and haven't done a restore yet, hoping for a less drastic fix. If I click on the Windows Update tray icon, or the corresponding control panel...
July 7th 09 05:33 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
2 239
Backup Disk Full by coldnorth
Folks - I've been faithfully backing up my C: to another internal hard disk on a weekly basis for over a year now. I just received an error message telling me that my E: is full, so the most recent backup was unable to be completed. How do I delete old backup files - is it as simple as deleting the particular backup folder and subfolders? Also, can you recommend any strategy on which backups...
July 6th 09 03:04 PM
by GrahamH[_2_] Go to last post
4 242
Disabling 'logging off' and 'shutting down' graphics by Abi
Is it possible to disable the 'logging off' and 'shutting down' graphics, when I shutdown, hibernate or put my pc on standby? I run Vista Business edition.
July 6th 09 11:40 AM
by Abi Go to last post
0 218
Wayward mouse by skip
Running Vista Home Premium IE8 The following problem occurs randomly in whichever program I am using .This is just an example selecting view in the menu bar then text size in the drop down box, attempting to move the mouse arrow to the text size in the size sub Menu the size menu list is minimized. This happens regardless of how many attempts I make. Can anyone suggest a remedy...
July 6th 09 11:23 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 252
laptop shuts down during memtest by RJ
I ran Memtest 86+ and Windows Memory Diagnostics in DOS mode with the battery removed. Both tests went on for an hour with no errors and then my laptop shuts down. It does that sometimes when I'm doing something in Windows, but most of the time it's fine. I download movies and play videos and multitask and it's fine. I wonder if the memory has errors or if the mobo is conking out. Gateway...
July 6th 09 03:22 AM
by propman[_3_] Go to last post

From The