Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Fail to launch IE6 by MXC
After uninstall CA and install McAfee My laptop cannot launch internet explorer 8, just not response. Also I try change home page from control panel- internet option, but fail, it automatic reset homr page to microsoft sites. I can only launch the IE8 in safe mode. I appreciate any help and suggestion Thanks
June 30th 09 10:56 PM
by MXC Go to last post
2 218
Windows cannot find Error/Error by Bluescreen
I keep getting this error message that says "Windows cannot find ERROR/ERROR. Please type the name in again" Whenever I start up Windows. My comp then freezes shortly afterword and I'm forced to reboot. I'm using Vista 64 bit, please can anyone help me? I've tried downloading registry cleaning software, but the one I have right now (Error Nuker) is unable to fix all of the errors. --...
June 30th 09 02:37 AM
by Justbob30 Go to last post
6 306
Concistency check by JonnyWilkins
Hi, My computer is running the concistency check. It's at stage 3 and when it's almost complete it's starts to "replace invalid security Id with default security id for file ******" it's been doing this for a while now and I was wondering what I can do to speed it up. It's currently at 170000, and if I try to restart the computer the login screen will not load if I skip the disk check....
June 29th 09 09:16 PM
by JonnyWilkins Go to last post
8 225
VSS Error 8194 When Attempting Backups by jyeager
I am receiving the above error from VSS in my application logs when I try to backup with Mozy and Retrospect.... I was on the phone with Mozy support trying to debug the probelm with no luck. We've tried reregistering the vss dlls and restarting services with no luck. As soon as Mozy reports it is doing the shadow copy I get the log entry below. After reboot it is clear.
June 29th 09 07:52 AM
by Flavius Go to last post
1 225
Vista System Pause by RICK
My Vista build pauses at random times. Generally the mouse can be moved and various windows can be minimized/maximized but that is about it. I have tested the hard drives with chkdsk. I have tested the memory. I have disabled all startups in msconfig. All drivers are up to date. System is running Vista SP1. Any other suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 09 09:40 PM
by filipesaz Go to last post
12 449
Left-click functionality across partitions? by Paul[_32_]
I have had my data on a separate partition for the last year or so, and I do like it that way, but ever since then, I've gotten used to using right-click to drag-n-drop from the desktop (C) to my Documents (D), as the right-click gives you the option of actually moving, instead of copying the file. Is there any way I can get the left-click action to actually move, as opposed to copy (I...
June 28th 09 03:57 PM
by GTS Go to last post
2 256
System Restore Points Deleted by John C.[_2_]
I am running Vista Home Premium SP 2. Free disk space about 60Gb. When I run DeFrag all of my System Restore Points are deleted. I have found many instances of this happening but none are as I described for my system. I first discovered this while running Diskeeper. I stopped Diskeeper and restore points are not deleted. So, I tried the Vista Defrag and sure enough the Restore Points...
June 27th 09 03:43 PM
by Spirit[_5_] Go to last post
1 257
.zip problem by Ralph[_5_]
The problem started with a monitor driver download from Dell. The instructions on the disk did not match the ones on the website. Now I cannot unzip anything, without continous windows opening. I then need to log off, or shut down to stop it. Is there a way to reset the Vista Ultimate unzip function? If I'm in the wrong group, please advise, as well.
June 27th 09 11:58 AM
by Spirit[_5_] Go to last post
2 271
Desktop,laptop computers and digital camera's by zubair ahmed
We provide the latest and updated information about desktop, desktop computers and cameras,which may be benefit able for your office, home and business . Please contact via email, zubaira1973gmail.com
June 27th 09 11:11 AM
by zubair ahmed Go to last post
0 204
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library by Lysserd
Whenever I start my computer I get two identical error messages: Runtime Error! Program C:\Windows\System32\Rundll32.exe This application has requested the Runtime to teminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information I also get a similar error message when right-clicking on the desktop, except it says:
June 27th 09 08:47 AM
by Robert Miles Go to last post
3 282
Defragmentation issue in Vista by Makbawehuh[_2_]
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not... I was having major issues with my phone (I use phone software similar to that in a call center for my home phone), and decided to do some general computer maintenance to try and fix it. My windows defragmenter and Auslogics both said I was sitting at 8% fragmentation, which was not a huge concern, but odd considering that I am a heavy...
June 27th 09 08:38 AM
by Robert Miles Go to last post
1 234
vista ultimate backup see 2 system drives by madafak1903
i have vista x64 ultimate i formatted it installed the drives and i tried to backup it with complete pc backup it sees two drives as system. i tried unplugging the drive that it see as a second system and this time my other hdd was the second system. İ unplugged all the drives except the the one with system and it gave some problems. and i am using xp64 as a second os.So what can i do to fix...
June 27th 09 08:33 AM
by madafak1903 Go to last post
0 216
funny video by [email protected]
http://www.photonews-fotovideo.it/videos/24/salvataggio-acrobatico-di-un-operaio-a-torino
June 27th 09 08:13 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 203
Blue Screen Error by Kemar101
hi Im new but I hope someone can help me not sure how it happen my sister was on my pc Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2 Locale ID: 4105 Additional information about the problem:
June 26th 09 10:47 PM
by Crispy2007 Go to last post
1 217
Vista Error, please guide. Machine wont start. by pooj
Hello everyone :) First timer here. I have a serious issue. I use Sony Vaio with Vista Home Premium OS. Last eve I, with God-knows-what-mind, started my laptop with the pen drive in the slot. So the drive was in before the machine started. I went outside my room while letting it start and when I came in back I saw this blue screen with the message something like "New hardware or sotware not...
June 26th 09 03:45 PM
by pooj Go to last post
2 224
Entering sleep mode when playing games by coeneskens
so i have a computer with vista ultimate and my monitor tells me it's entering sleep mode, but i still hear music coming from the speakers ( winamp etc. ) mostly it's about after 45minutes of playing :S i have ati radion 1950x graphics ( 5.5 rating with vista) dual processor, 4 gb ram... so what's wrong? it started half a year ago but i never had this before since i bought it 2 years ago
June 26th 09 01:58 PM
by Stephen Caudill Go to last post
1 227
Windows Vista Check Disk & Disk Defragmenter by nichoray10
Hello Vista Forums, I was thinking to make my computer faster and lose some space, so i went ahead and did a Error-checking and got the Vista Permission thing and continued and i checked Automatic fix file system errors and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors then pressed start and nothing happen , i ran Check Disk with admin cmd and works. I rebooted my computer to see if chkdsk works...
June 26th 09 12:43 PM
by MLD Go to last post
3 221
Freezing post-SP2 installation (and removal) by vistablista
I was hoping someone might be able to help with a rather odd problem I've been having with Vista. I recently replaced a bunch of things in my computer - basically everything other than the drives and sound card. Reactivation was a pain but seemed to go smoothly. I updated all the drivers in ths OS (Vista Ultimate, 32 bit) and let it "burn in" for a couple of days by running Prime95 and keeping an...
June 26th 09 04:56 AM
by vistablista Go to last post
6 252
Catastrophic error for shrinking C drive by tes745
I have a dell labtop and I'm trying to shrink the C drive, but everytime I try to manually shrink it through computer management it comes up as catastrophic error. Any ideas as to how to solve this problem or get around it without downloading any foreign software? -- tes745
June 25th 09 08:34 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 210
Windows Media Center Vista - Opening Screen Has Blinking Lines of by far1855
When I start Media Center from a Vista Home Premium machine, the opening display screen with all the menu selection is nearly impossible to view due to lines of blinking dots all over. When I view TV or other media, the screen is fine. All functions work fine. It is only the Menu screen that is a big issue. How do I fix it?
June 25th 09 05:53 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post

From The