Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
USB port not initiated on boot. by Archquark[_2_]
I used a flash drive to run ReadyBoost. When I attempted to stop the ReadyBoost program it failed to stop ( write protect failure ). I contacted the flash drive manufacturer's support site which stated that the drive's processor chip had failed. When I reboot my computer ( HP Pavilion Elite m9525f ) it now only finds 5 of the 6 USB ports. Is this a result of the flash drive failure or do HP...
June 9th 09 11:43 PM
by Archquark[_2_] Go to last post
0 227
Couple of Problems by gme4l1f3
First of all, I run on Vista Home Premium x32 i think. But recently i have gotten a virus or something that makes my log in screen unable to boot, it shows a black screen and just the cursor in the middle. Secondly couple of months ago I noticed that when i wanted to system restore, i restarted my computer and Press the key to do that command (F11) and for some reason it doesn't work and...
June 9th 09 11:34 PM
by gme4l1f3 Go to last post
0 229
RtHDVCpl.exe - Application Error by Nuri
Hi there, Since yesterday I have started to receve a prompt saying: "RtHDVCpl.exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000005). Click OK to terminate the application." When I click OK, another prompt appears to say that the HD Audio
June 9th 09 06:34 AM
by Salton[_5_] Go to last post
3 226
SP2 installation failure by Victek
I attempted to install SP2 after it became available on Windows Update, but unfortunately without success. Stage 1 installed fine, but Stage 2 and Stage 3 kept repeating with every reboot. Fortunately I was able to log into the desktop, run System Restore and recover. My system is clean and well maintained. I unloaded all third party apps and disabled AV before installing SP2 - no idea...
June 9th 09 01:07 AM
by propman[_3_] Go to last post
8 273
Disabling permission window by Abi
Every time I perform an action in Vista, a 'Windows needs your permission to continue' window appears. How do I disable requirement to actively permit/confirm the action?
June 8th 09 11:02 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 230
System Restore by Bryan[_8_]
Howdy; I'm new with Vista and am wanting to limit disk space usage for system restore. Can this be done?
June 7th 09 04:17 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
3 237
Op Code Shutdown Degradation by tryingtolearrn
About 30% of the time when I click on shut down I get an error code that "The following programs are still running....preventing your computer from shutting down. I researched shutdown performance & followed the instructions for the event viewerapplications & servicesMicrosoftWindowsDiagnostics-PerformanceOperational. There are jillions of errors, warnings, critical. Mainly listed as...
June 7th 09 03:55 AM
by Questor[_2_] Go to last post
2 244
YouTube Problems by Vernie D. Kirkman
When I try to view anything on YouTube, I get an error that says I either have javascript turned off or don't have the latest flash. I do have the latest, and everything else that uses javascript works. Anyone have any ideas? Vern
June 7th 09 12:20 AM
by Ukevamp Go to last post
3 232
recycle bin icon does not empty by David Salmon[_2_]
I deleted the recycle bin accidentally. I restored it using Personalize/Change desktop icons. However, when I click on "Empty Recycle Bin" the bin greys out, but does not revert to an empty bin. The empty bin shows up only after I reboot. How can I fix this? Thank you. David Salmon
June 6th 09 10:21 PM
by Sally[_4_] Go to last post
3 187
Cannot complete assessment? by Dante Alighieri
I purchased a new 128 mb video card, Geforce 6200 with a Nvidia chipset. When I try to update the windows experience index I receive the message: "Cannot complete assessmente. The assessment or other operation did not complete succesfully. This is due to an error being reported from the operating system, driver, or other component." I am using Vista Ultimate 32bit. How can I fix this issue...
June 6th 09 08:05 PM
by rjklindsay[_2_] Go to last post
2 183
Problem saving files, help me please! by bartholomew14
OK, so for starters, when I am downloading a file, I can only open it, because choosing "save" just closes the box and nothing happens. Also, I cannot right click on a picture and choose "save as" because yet again nothing happens. Various other related bugs are happening too. At first I thought it was just an error with internet explorer buuuuuut, it also happens with non internet related...
June 5th 09 07:50 PM
by bartholomew14 Go to last post
9 205
reliability and performance monitor error by mohit1234
whenever i start the reliability and performance monitor to create a report i get an error -the interface is unknown-. ive used the reliability and performance monitor a few times before and it had worked. but now i have no idea what has happened:confused: to start this im using the command perfmon /report. ive tried things like the RACAgent.exe in cmd with admin rights and also deleting of the...
June 5th 09 06:11 PM
by mohit1234 Go to last post
0 225
Why is Vista restoring my system the whole time by Chrepht
Hello everyone, lately I have been having some problems. Anytime I install a game/program I can play it but when I turn my computer of and turn it back on later System Restore comes up. When I cancel the restoration the computer restarts and comes right back to the System Restore Screen. So, when i agree to the restoration it deletes the last couple of installed programs. When I reinstall tem...
June 5th 09 03:22 PM
by dgmacmi[_2_] Go to last post
1 202
Help Vista no detect DVDROM,HDDEksternal,FlashDisk by andraman
hello all, I want to ask, why my vista does not detect the DVDROM, Flashdisk, HDDExternal on MyComputer and Explorer. I can access it with explorer address, example E: or F: or G: There anyone can help ? Thanks -- andraman
June 4th 09 02:08 PM
by andraman Go to last post
4 245
Help! Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing. by Ayham11
I have regular problems with my vista software where the software gives me this message or a similar one Problem signatu Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1 Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000 Application Timestamp: 47918e5d Hang Signatu 7ce1 Hang Type: 128
June 4th 09 01:18 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
4 245
Access is denied. (0x80070005) by richard
I have a laptop and desktop running vista home primium. On both I have tried to to a full backup using windows backup utility. On both machines after a short time I get the error message "Access is denied. (0x80070005)". I tried both with "administrotor rights" and I am the only user on these computers. Also tried disabling all Norton programs. Thanks, Richard
June 3rd 09 10:35 PM
by blegs38552[_3_] Go to last post
3 253
Black Screen With Blinking Cursor. by 9lundyhouse
This week when trying to boot my computer it gets stuck on a black screen with a blinking cursor, if I hold down F12 to go to the hard boot screen and select the hard drive it boots up okay and works fine. It also if left on overnight will re-boot itself, and then gets stuck on this screen, it did this to me last night after it finished running the virus scanner. I checked the virus scanner...
June 3rd 09 03:49 PM
by Terry[_10_] Go to last post
2 209
Unlogical Problem by Shadow
Ok so I have Vista on my laptop, and it have been running somewhat smothly for about a year. Now for some unknown reason my wireless internet have started lagging a lot. The reason why I'm posting here, is because (and here's the unlogic problem) my internet only works (as in not lagging but still running quite slow) when I set the power surply to "Power saving" - If I set it to "High...
June 2nd 09 10:36 PM
by Shadow Go to last post
0 217
Windows Update Error 80073712 by AutoBarn
Hello, I am running Windows vista Ultimate edition, and I am encountering error code 80073712 when trying to run windows update. Two updates are failing to install - KB943302 and KB943302. I would be most grateful for any assistance. Thank you, Barnaby Legg
June 2nd 09 10:34 PM
by pingoro Go to last post
8 288
ERROR - A necessary component of Windows Media Center is missing by ML_S
OK. I've tried for weks to sort this. MCE (I'm running ultimate) was fine until this started appearing whenever i tried to access my music via MCE. Still no joy. HOW how how do I fix this. P.S I'm not sure but I think it may have started when I downloaded an update
June 2nd 09 08:32 PM
by fonzy44 Go to last post

From The