Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Send Free SMS Worlwide to any mobile phone iphone gsm http://free4sms.info by massimo
Free4sms is a free service. Send SMS for Free worldwide to any mobile phone gsm, iphone, smart phone. use it with moderation. http://free4sms.info/ free4sms enables you to send free SMS from its site to any cellular phone worldwide. free4sms service is provided like is, there is no guarantee of timely delivery of all messages to all cellular networks, free4sms cannot be held liable for any...
November 29th 08 03:48 AM
by massimo Go to last post
0 230
computer can't enter sleep by Don[_14_]
Hi, I just reinstalled Vista with all the latest updates. After the reinstall, my computer can no longer manually or automatically enter sleep mode. I've narrowed it down to two service that once diabled allow my computer to enter sleep. These are Terminal Services and UPnP Device Host. Both need to be disabled for my computer to be able to enter sleep. Otherwise, the only thing that happens...
November 29th 08 02:48 AM
by Zutts Go to last post
8 232
Hidden Desktop Icons !! by top secret
I have a problem i think the pic. is expressing my problem http://www.picmool.com/images/572_untitled.jpg] you can see how the icon is hidden but the name of the file is not... this some times happen with (recycle bin)
November 28th 08 04:56 PM
by Zyonix Go to last post
5 296
Vista won't show the correct CPU clock speed by Gil80[_2_]
Hi guys. please look at the images. From some reason, Vista won't show the correct clock speed of my CPU. Do you know...
November 28th 08 03:01 PM
by SIW2 Go to last post
4 259
The infamous page fault message by ziah
Yes, you've seen it time and time again. Now I've seen it. "Page fault in nonpaged area". Blue screen of death. Minidumps. Rebooting. I've been hit. Bad. I've read about this on a lot of forums and apparently almost all problems had something to do with hardware, and I'm about 90% sure mine has nothing to do with it. It all started when I was downloading an executable file -never mind what it...
November 28th 08 12:00 PM
by ziah Go to last post
5 264
svchost.exe hogging CPU by pcbilski
I have this strange problem where i can hear my hard drive reading/writing every second, then stopping, then starting again continuously. When i look at the process list i see svchost.exe is using between 10 and 30% CPU which i do not think is normal. Can anyone help? Vista Ultimate 64 SP2 v. 113 (problem did not start with evaluation SP) --
November 28th 08 05:48 AM
by Zyonix Go to last post
6 260
Explorer.exe won't start..file association? by Harters
After installing vista 32bit sp1 my win+e key combo gives this error of "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel." and the title of the pop-up is "explorer.exe". I've tried starting explorer from run command box , from C:\windows folder location and task manager and all give the same...
November 27th 08 09:22 PM
by Harters Go to last post
0 269
.doc files by t-4-2[_98_]
Hello everyone, Is there anyway I can have my computer recognized both HTML and .doc files ? Right now it can only read HTML. My Adobe Reader 8, Power Point and MS Ecel won't take .doc files. -- t-4-2
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 08 08:49 PM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
17 429
Blue Screen of Death by pineappled
I have the Windows Vista Home Premium Edition and whenever I plug in my i-pod to sync it with itunes...I get the blue screen of death message on my computer and I have to manually shut down my laptop. This has happened a few times now, how do I fix it? Please help.
November 27th 08 02:25 PM
by Huntsman[_3_] Go to last post
6 243
Which is good backup for VIsta by chas
I have three choices. Vista's backup , Norton 360 backup - if I don't extend the free trial can I still get my backup back?, and OneTouch backup that came with my Maxtor external drive. Any thoughts on choice comparisons? Thanks, Chas
November 27th 08 01:48 PM
by Dyndrilliac Go to last post
6 297
hiberfil.sys - how get rid of it? by Kris[_5_]
I don't use sleep. tia -- Kris ---------- Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | E7200 | Vista on 36GB Raptor | | 2x1gb OCZ Reaper1150@1203 | EVGA 9800GTX+ N873 | LiteOn DH401S08C at CP56 BluRay player | Hannspree HF289H 28" | Raidmax RX530-SS psu | Vista Ult 32 SP1
November 27th 08 01:42 PM
by Dyndrilliac Go to last post
9 244
Sp1 by t-4-2[_98_]
Hello Everyone, I know you must have seen this a thousand times. I have this laptop for over 2 years now. Today I was offered , for the 1st time, to install SP1 from Windows Updates. Here is my dilemma : 1.) What took so long ? I had not installed or upgraded my computer since day 1. 2.) After reading all the " horror " stories sent to this forum, I am uncertain if I should install it . I am...
November 27th 08 01:32 PM
by Dyndrilliac Go to last post
6 373
Vista IE7 with OWA 2003 Issue by Sankar
Hi, I am getting an error when trying to send email on Outlook Web Access Exchange 2003, the errors I get, is I cannot respond to emails or send emails out, I get an APPSCRASH IE 7 also an error that after logging off I get "There has been an error removing certificates from this workstation. error:(0x80070005): Access Is Denied" This was after the common issue when composing an email...
November 27th 08 09:16 AM
by Sankar Go to last post
0 249
Black screen after welcome in vista home premium by m doane
came home from work today and turned on system. it boots to welcome screen and then goes black with a movable curser. Ihave had vista for 2 months without a problem until. now. I did the start repair off disk, still nothing. cant even get into safe mode. Thanks in advance
November 27th 08 02:18 AM
by ClvBK Go to last post
3 223
complete freeze/lockup by Jokeface
Hello everyone, I've been using my computer for months now and was very happy with it, recently I've been getting lockups at least once a day random times, I am unsure of what is causing this, I have to hard restart/turnoff the PC, which can corrupt my system. I run window updates often, so im sure it isnt drivers or anything plus installed every update ASUS had on their website for...
November 26th 08 12:42 PM
by hafizahmad Go to last post
6 233
Memory usage by ed
I have 2gig of ram but the computer only uses 1.05 at the max. Gateway GT5414E AMD 64x2 4600+
November 26th 08 12:39 PM
by hafizahmad Go to last post
6 244
Broken Link in Windows Update Details by Cain
Greetings all, Would like to make a comment that the link given in windows update information box is broken. This seems to be true for all of the hardware updates I have seen in the past one year or so. Since the information given is as cryptic, it is hard to know which driver is being updated for the use of my WM device. Cain
November 26th 08 12:03 PM
by Cain Go to last post
Loading a jsp-form with lots of fields (about 50 fields) takes ages to load in Internet Explorer. The jsp is part of a webapplication which alway's ran fine in the past. Loading an html-page from same app goes quickly. This is what happens: 1. Loading index.html page == loads fine 2. Loading page1.jsp
November 25th 08 05:29 PM
by Patrick Goovaerts Go to last post
2 216
downloading anything by Lisa68
I'm not really sure how this works. becoming very frustrated with Vista. unable to down load itunes for example "not authorised" "no digital Signature". I dont understand why there is no where to look up that tells me what needs to be done. I've looked at other messages. clear as mud. where can I get this info from. new computer never had any problem downloading itunes and others before. what do...
November 25th 08 01:39 AM
by Big D[_4_] Go to last post
1 235
KB954430 for Vista SP2 - snapshot image of problem by Mick Murphy
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=96A4413C-5261-4F69-83D0-932C430ABD14&displaylang=en Above is MS download link for KB954430 -- Mad Mike "anna" wrote: Security Update KB954430 keeps updating my system. Below is a snapshot of
November 25th 08 12:37 AM
by anna Go to last post

From The