Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Windows Vista (Home Version) not allowing printer HP to work???? by Stephen
I have an HP Office Jet 6110 (all in one Printer, but Windows Vista does not allow the printer to work??? The printer worked fine before I purchased this new computer that came with Vista and no Scanning, Printing, Faxing or Copying..... Can someone please help with a fix????? Thank you Stephen
November 7th 09 07:09 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
4 434
Problem with drivers for HP PhotoSmart S20 # C5101A scanner by Ian & Lynn Carpenter
I have a Vista Home Premium operating system. HP tells me there is no compatable driver to use between Vista and the above scanner. Therefore buy a new scanner! Strange Any suggestions please Thanks Ian Carpenter
November 5th 09 05:50 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
7 556
printer problems by amck10
Hi All I have some experience with computers to get me by when installing, but this issue is troubling me. Just purchased a brand new ASUS laptop with Vista. I am installing a HP LaserJet 5MP to this machine. I have purchased a parallel to USB cable and when i first setup the printer on the new laptop, i was able to print a test page.
November 5th 09 05:47 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 283
Jobs disappearing from queue without printing by Doug
Vista Home Premium 32-bit printing to Brother HL-5240 laser connected locally via USB. This has been workin for a few months, but today will not print. Pausing the print queue shows the jobs, but as soon as the queue is unpaused the jobs just disappear. I have stopped and started the Print Spooler, deleted and reinstalled the printer but it still won't print. I plugged in and installed an...
November 3rd 09 02:29 AM
by Doug Go to last post
0 279
Windows Vista (Home Version) not allowing printer HP to work???? by Stephen
I have an HP Office Jet 6110 (all in one Printer, but Windows Vista does not allow the printer to work??? The printer worked fine before I purchased this new computer that came with Vista and no Scanning, Printing, Faxing or Copying..... Can someone please help with a fix????? Thank you Stephen
November 2nd 09 11:00 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
0 302
Windows Fax without Modem by schmalen
Hello is that possible that Windows Fax a. Scan works without to install an Modem ? like an emulation. I have Wlan and my Computer is connected with AVM Fritz Box. Now i want recieve and send Faxes with Windows Fax please help
November 2nd 09 03:36 PM
by Andrew Rinaldi Go to last post
2 412
Windows Fax without Modem by schmalen
Hello is that possible that Windows Fax a. Scan works without to install an Modem ? like an emulation. I have Wlan and my Computer is connected with AVM Fritz Box. Now i want recieve and send Faxes with Windows Fax please help
November 2nd 09 02:07 PM
by schmalen Go to last post
0 320
Vista printing to shared XP printer by Michael
Configuration: HP Laptop with Vista Home Premium, Compaq desktop with XP home and Epson Rx500 USB printer shared, Dell desktop with XP home. All in same WORKGROUP. Symptom: XP systems print to RX500 OK. When adding printer to Vista, sees RX500 but get error message after "Connecting to RX500" box. Error messsage says Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied. Thanks for your...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 09 09:09 PM
by Kenyan_Geek Go to last post
14 852
Deskjet 4180 & Win Vista 6.0 SP2 by Chester
I have a Deskjet 4180 on an Acer PC running Vista 6.0 SP2. Every time I awaken my computer from hibernation or sleep, my computer re-installs my printer. It creates another printer name - HP Deskjet 4100 series (copy N), and makes it my default printer. It does not delete any other printers; but does disconnect the previous default printer (HP Deskjet 4200 series (copy N-1)). When I...
October 31st 09 01:50 AM
by Chester Go to last post
0 252
Deskjet 4180 & Win Vista 6.0 SP2 by Chester
I have a Deskjet 4180 on an Acer PC running Vista 6.0 SP2. Every time I awaken my computer from hibernation or sleep, my computer re-installs my printer. It creates another printer name - HP Deskjet 4100 series (copy N), and makes it my default printer. It does not delete any other printers; but does disconnect the previous default printer (HP Deskjet 4200 series (copy N-1)). When I...
October 31st 09 01:50 AM
by Chester Go to last post
0 384
IE7 Prints Only header/Footer by malckelly
When I print from IE7 on Vista the page that comes out only contains a header and a footer. In the footer there is reference to "file://C:/temp\Low/randomString.htm" which I guess is some sort of temp file that it creates. The same page is seen even when I do a print preview. However, this only happens when I am logged in as a standard user. If I log in as administrator and print,...
October 30th 09 08:49 PM
by rbrzezinski1 Go to last post
3 397
Using Canon LIDE 25 Vista64 drivers with LIDE 20 by bhakeman
I am one of the many who seem to have a 'dead' LiDE 20 with no Vista 64 drivers. I thought I'd read somewhere on here that someone was able to get theirs to work by using the Vista64 driver for the Lide 25. I tried and all it does is power up, light up, and then nothing. It's the most I've been able to do with it since we bought our new PC this summer which makes me think I'm onto...
October 29th 09 12:50 AM
by Amer azzam Go to last post
3 502
Using a script to set the default printer at start up after adding it by SlickRCBD
How do I set the default printer using a batch file? Due to problems with a win98se printer share that ONLY happens with Vista 64 HP, I need to reinstall the printer every time I reboot. With help in previous posts, I have the following technically two-line batch file so far: rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /n "hp812c" /c\\GATEWAY rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP812c"...
October 28th 09 03:50 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 470
Problem w/ Email attachments by Jackie
I'm unable to send scanned documents as attachments. Here is the error message: Subject 'Miller Pay stubs', Account: 'pop-server.roadrunner.com', Server: 'smtp.roadrunner.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 The host 'pop3.roadrunner.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account:...
October 27th 09 03:53 PM
by Jackie Go to last post
0 230
Problem w/ Email attachments by Jackie
I'm unable to send scanned documents as attachments. Here is the error message: Subject 'Miller Pay stubs', Account: 'pop-server.roadrunner.com', Server: 'smtp.roadrunner.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19 The host 'pop3.roadrunner.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account:...
October 27th 09 03:53 PM
by Jackie Go to last post
0 418
Windows Fax & Scan Unavailable by kweido
I am running Vista Enterprise 32bit. When I go to the Control Panel, the box is checked next to Windows Fax & Scan, however, it is not appearing in my Programs, and I can't find it when I do a search. -- kweido
October 26th 09 03:27 PM
by kweido Go to last post
0 248
Windows Fax & Scan Unavailable by kweido
I am running Vista Enterprise 32bit. When I go to the Control Panel, the box is checked next to Windows Fax & Scan, however, it is not appearing in my Programs, and I can't find it when I do a search. -- kweido
October 26th 09 03:27 PM
by kweido Go to last post
0 401
FAX Installation on Vista by Simon Raihani
I am experiencing a problem installing my local fax modem in the Windows Vista FAX & Scan Programme. The symptoms are as follows: 1. When I try to add my local modem to the list of accounts I get the following message: "an error has occured. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator" Clearly I tried over and over again re-starting etc but always with the same error. When I...
October 26th 09 08:00 AM
by Simon Raihani Go to last post
0 287
printer offline won't ptint by Larry Peterson
my wireless 2700HG-B 2wire router is offline,wireless light is out. my printer is Brother MFC-845CW and won't print. it is also wireless. what is the problem? -- Larry Peterson
October 25th 09 08:20 PM
by Larry Peterson Go to last post
4 440
Where did my faxes go? No sent items? by Jerry
I do remember this was an issue when I switched from XP to Vista. I solved it then, but don't remember the solution. Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard and the issue is there again. All my received faxes are in My Documents/Fax/Inbox and those that I sent are in My Documents/Fax/SentItems. When I run the Windows Fax and Scan app, I can see all the faxes...
October 25th 09 03:03 PM
by Jerry Go to last post

From The