Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Brother Printer Wont Work by Speedy059
This is very weird issue i'm having. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit edition. I plugged in the USB for the Brother IntelliFax 4100 printer/fax machine into the computer. Vista auto detects it and installs a driver. Vista says everything is good to go. However, when I send a job to the printer NOTHING happens. There are no errors or anything. Can someone offer me any suggestions? I'm...
October 26th 07 12:31 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 230
Buffalo linkstation and Vista printer driver problems? by kenne76
Hi! I have following product, Buffalo Linkstation HS-DH500GL, it works fine but except under Vista Home Premium, it take a long to print for example an Word document and sometimes the document doesn't print not at all. But under Windows XP the printing, including Word document works fast and without problems. I have tried these things already.
February 23rd 09 12:54 PM
by kenne76 Go to last post
0 222
Bug in HP OfficeJet d145 in Vista RTM by Yuval Rakavy
After a week of horror (seperate story...) I was able to upgrade my computer to Vista RTM. There is a bug in the HP Office Jet D series printers. When printing in landscape, the printer just spits out empty pages. Printing in portrait seems to work. Best regards, Yuval
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 08 10:33 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
17 775
Bug report HP 1320tn by Scott P
This may not be the proper way to report a bug at this time for Vista, but I cannot find a link to do so. I was a beta tester for Windows 2000 and XP, but am now retired. I just purchased a new system with Vista installed and have started to set it up. The problem: If I request more that one (1) copy of a page sent to an HP 1320tn, I only get one copy. If I do the same to an HP 2505 dn, I...
April 2nd 07 12:49 AM
by Scott P Go to last post
0 227
bug with HP710C driver for Vista 64 ? by Touch25
Vista well recognized my printer and installed the driver good. Some orders operation like the print of the page test. But the printing of a text page written with the Note Pad, for example, does not work. The carriage briefly vibrates but does not move. The driver works well with XP 32bit. Could you help me ?
March 7th 07 04:11 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 301
c3180 problem by Chester GS
Have a new HP computer with vista. Bought a c3180 printer/scanner/copier to go with it. Software included is only good up to XP, as you probably know. Downloaded large driver file from HP, which works, but it inisists on reinstalling itself on every reboot and occasionally at other times. This is a pain. Anybody else encounter this problem?
March 15th 07 02:49 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 264
C4280 All-In-One - Not scanning USB NOT CONNECTED by [email protected]
I get the same old error everytime I try to make a scan. I can make copies, print, but can not scan anything. When I hit the scan button, I get "USB not connected" displayed on the U.I Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit - Pretty sure latest HP drivers (off website)
April 27th 09 12:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 211
C6180 C7180 by Bet
I tried posting this yesterday, but see no posting. Sorry if this duplicates. I have Compaq notebook with wireless connection to internet and printer, OS is Vista Home Premium. Since May 2007. Both C6180 & C7180 are experiencing similat problems: 1) Card readers are unable to transfer to computer wirelessly; a USB cable resolved that problem (?why can't I use wireless?) 2) All print jobs...
December 9th 07 09:17 AM
by Bet Go to last post
0 327
calander by Jbird
How do I view and print my monthly calander so it will show my entire worded appt. that was typed in for each day instead of just the beginning of each appt. and "........"?
October 8th 07 05:11 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 163
Can anyone explain Point and Print and Vista? by Sandy Wood
I'm working with several Vista Ultimate systems to test just how they react when connecting to printers on a Windows 2003 R2 server. We have many HP Laserjets, Xerox WorkCenter Pro's among others. Some times the printers connect and install without issue, other times we get errors until we play with the driver on the server, they we can connect. I've read a bit about Point and Print and it...
February 6th 07 03:12 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 466
Can anyone help please? Printer wont print by fmck1983
Im having trouble with my printer. it was working fine and it suddenly stopped. I have windows xp and a hp psc 1317 series. I decided to downloaded the software and the drivers so that it is compatible with xp. The photocopier and scanner work but the printer doesn't. I have tried unistalling and reainstalling, i have changed the ink cartridge and i cant think what else i can do. I need...
January 23rd 08 12:56 AM
by Kevin Go to last post
2 3
Can cover pages be designed in other programs by Blue Max
The 'Cover Page Designer' is pretty rudimentary. Can the user design cover pages in another program that includes rulers, grid snap, and other helpful features? Afterwards, the user could import it into 'Windows Fax and Scan' in order to make minor modifications and add the desired data input fields to the pre-designed cover page.
May 17th 07 11:50 PM
by Blue Max Go to last post
0 174
Can cover pages be designed in other programs? by Blue Max
The Windows Vista Fax and Scan 'Cover Page Designer' is pretty rudimentary. Can the user design cover pages in another program that includes rulers, grid snap, and other helpful features? Afterwards, the user could import it into 'Windows Fax and Scan' in order to make minor modifications and add the desired data input fields to the pre-designed cover page. Is this possible?
June 7th 07 10:44 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 154
Can delete the WSD port under Vista , but not for Win7 by WSD print
Hi , I got a problem like Under vista SP2 , I can delete my printer and his WSD port by using the PnPXAssociation::delete and DeltePrinter immediately . but under Win7 , I can't delete the WSD port , the method can delete the printer icon and all expect for the port . And I got a temporary solution that I add a WSD printer by the windows network exporer and then delete it , like this , the...
July 1st 09 08:30 AM
by WSD print Go to last post
0 230
Can drivers from Vista x64 DVD be copied to XP64 machine? by Travis[_9_]
I have an HP 3050 All in One, which doesn't really come with proper x64 drivers from HP. There is a printer driver which is a bit iffy, but no scanner or fax drivers. However, it plugs and plays on my Vista x64 machine. Still no fax, but it does at least auto-install the printer and scanner. I also have an XP x64 machine which unfortunately does NOT plug and play with the HP3050, and no...
January 18th 09 05:39 AM
by Travis[_9_] Go to last post
5 282
Can I Fax? by da180
I have Vista Ultimate with the Fax/Scan feature. Does this mean I can scan a document and then fax through the program? Also, with regard to the phone line, if I am understanding the setup, I just run the line in to my fax modem then out to my phone? Vista will then dial a fax number and send it without the need for a dedicated phone line? --
April 7th 09 02:34 PM
by da180 Go to last post
4 536
can I print a selection in Works? by Tanya
From Microsoft Works, it appears that my only print options are the entire document or a page range. Can't I print a selection, like I can in Word?
March 16th 09 04:31 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 245
Can I use an HP OfficeJet 5610 with both Windows 98SE and Vista 64Home Premium? by SlickRCBD
I know somebody whose father recently died and is closing down his late father's office. He has some extra computer equipment, and knows that I commented that I wanted an All-in-one printer. He's offering me an OfficeJet 5610. However, in order to make room for it, I'd have to get rid of my existing printer. That is an HP DeskJet 812C. I have two _functional_ windows computers in the computer...
November 12th 09 02:04 PM
by Ben Myers[_2_] Go to last post
2 457
Can I use an HP OfficeJet 5610 with both Windows 98SE and Vista 64Home Premium? by SlickRCBD
I know somebody whose father recently died and is closing down his late father's office. He has some extra computer equipment, and knows that I commented that I wanted an All-in-one printer. He's offering me an OfficeJet 5610. However, in order to make room for it, I'd have to get rid of my existing printer. That is an HP DeskJet 812C. I have two _functional_ windows computers in the computer...
November 12th 09 04:36 AM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post
0 252
Can I use HP K850 or K7108 printer on network? by bharat naik
I am new to this community. I would like to use HP Office pro K 850 or K 7108 printers on network. Can anyone please inform me "is it possible.?" Thanks -- bharat naik ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bharat naik's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37661 View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=875355
December 22nd 07 08:53 AM
by bharat naik[_2_] Go to last post

From The