Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
printer drivers by RUTHIESGUY
I HAVE A LEXMARK PRINTER x1240. IT IS INSTALLED, AND I HAVE BEEN PRINTING WITH IT JUST FINE. RECENTLY, I KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE THAT WINDOWS HAS TO INSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER. WHY? IT IS ALREADY INSTALLED. NOW I HAVE THE ORIGINAL INSTALLATION, AND COPIES 1 AND 2. WHAT IS GOING ON? THANKS FOR ANY HELP.
November 30th 07 02:28 AM
by John[_22_] Go to last post
2 254
Printer server properties by manuforte
I would like to add a new paper size format to print. I am using Vista and am logged in as an "administrator" and I cannot "create a new form" under print "server properties." The following are non-selectable and grayed out: "create a new form", "delete", "save form", and "form name".
November 29th 07 10:20 PM
by manuforte Go to last post
4 265
Using a fax modem on WHS by Nigel Molesworth
I thought I'd cracked this one. I've got Windows Home Server running, with a fax modem. I can send a fax from the WHS PC, and the "printer" is shared and can be seen by all the Vista HP clients. Problem is, when I try to send a fax it asks if I want to install fax client software, then says Windows cannot find SysOCMgr.exe.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 29th 07 08:17 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
10 500
Printers by david@Torquay
Vista has just developed a new trick. It changes my default printer to a) Fax or b) non default printer od c) harware I do not have! Any ideas? Printer is HP Photosmart 2610
November 29th 07 05:26 PM
by david@Torquay Go to last post
0 334
When I print webpages by jgeneral88
When I print a webpage from the internet, it always prints out pages of codes and not what I want, but it doesn't do this in any of my other programs, only the internet. I was wondering how do fix this problem?
November 29th 07 12:46 AM
by jgeneral88 Go to last post
0 235
Server 2003 R2, Vista and Canon Document centre by Kevin M
Can some confirm what are the basic permissions required on Vista to connect to a shared printer on a 2003 server and download and install the drivers. I can install printer, but when I go deeper into properties Vista says no driver is installed and would I like to install one. Connecting to the share is fine but it looks like the printer driver install is being blocked. Thanks Kevin
November 28th 07 01:24 PM
by Kevin M Go to last post
0 248
Configuring Fax and Scan by Ian U
I am trying to configure a fax modem in Windows Fax and Scan in Vista Business edition. Although the program opens, it will not let me change fax settings ar add a fax account. Permissions for the file WFS.exe are restricted to Read and Read & Execute, but even with Administrator rights, I cannot change this to full control. This only happens on one user account, which happens to be the one...
November 28th 07 09:26 AM
by Ian U Go to last post
0 262
how to print a figure in her original size (100%)? by Sjoerd[_2_]
I would like to know how to print a picture in his original size with "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" or "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". In both programs you have to use the "photo printing wizard" if you want to print. In this wizard are only a few standard "available layouts" to set the size of the picture. You can't choose for scale 1:1 / 100% / original size. Thanx for your...
November 28th 07 08:23 AM
by Sjoerd[_2_] Go to last post
0 237
Internet Explorer 7 problems by johnmcg
When I try and print out a web page in Internet Explorer 7, it won't print out the pictures or graphics. I have Windows Vista Home premium. If I use Mozilla Firefox, instead of Explorer, I have no problem printing out the whole webpage with all the pictures. Any suggestions please? -- John McGoldrick
November 27th 07 11:22 PM
by Freddy Go to last post
3 268
Clip Art won't print by Henry
I'm using a HP psc 2110 all-in-one with windows vista. The printer was working just fine until about two weeks ago. It will print text of any color but will not print clip art, backround fill or any borders. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer. I have not changed any settings. Help please. Henry
November 27th 07 11:11 PM
by Henry Go to last post
0 2
Windows Fax and Scan: Scan using smaller files by MillworkMarketing
Is it possible to scan a document to a .pdf file using Windows Fax and Scan? If not, does anyone have a suggestion as how to scan multiple pages into a smaller file format than .tif?
November 27th 07 08:48 PM
by MillworkMarketing Go to last post
2 265
Vista last page does not print -with print server by TomCantPrint
I have two vista machines that act the same. I have two samsung ML-2XXX printer that are acting the same. With the latest print drivers I can print to the two printers if they are connected to the computers using a hardwire USB connection. When I try and print to either printer to either printer using the usb print server output on my netgear wifi router the last page does not print. The...
November 27th 07 06:45 PM
by TomCantPrint Go to last post
7 324
Vista network printing problems by Sue007
I cannot connect my Vista laptop to my Network printer which is plugged into my Server running Windows XP. I tried running the script "net use LPT2:\\server\printer" but now it comes up with error 0x000006be and aborts the printer connection. Any suggestions
November 27th 07 03:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 408
Using HP LaserJet 1300 shared by Win2k3 32-bit from Vista 64-bit by David LeBlanc
I'm unable to map a share from my 64-bit Vista system to my Win2k3 server. Tells me it doesn't have the right driver. Called HP, told them the system was well out of warranty, they yanked me around, made me get the serial number, told me it was out of warranty (which I'd JUST told them), and they then offered to sell me another printer or charge me $40 for one call. I'm not happy with their...
November 27th 07 03:15 AM
by David LeBlanc[_2_] Go to last post
2 273
Hidden Vista Tools, Tips, Tricks and More for New System!! by [email protected]
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance,What's Inside Vista: The Best of Vista's New Tools,Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista, Using USB keys to improve Vista performance , Networking Vista, and more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
November 27th 07 02:16 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 313
Office Jet Pro 5400 Problem by ELB
The best way to describe my problem is to say that for the past few days my printer has been printing as if I wanted to craete a transparency for a tee shirt ( reverse). I have checked all the settings that I am aware of and have not been able to resolve my problem Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -- ELB
November 26th 07 07:57 PM
by ELB Go to last post
0 269
Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model by Rocky
Hi All, I have been trying to install the HP 3325 DeskJet Printer from past 3 weeks. However, all the efforts have gone in vain. I tried searching for the right Driver, but this model is quite old, so default drivers are available in the Printer manufacturer list. Unfortunately, I tried for installing the default HP printer drivers in my pre-installed Windows Vista laptop, but I could not...
November 26th 07 07:39 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 357
Officejet Pro 5400 Problem by ELB
The best way to describe my problem is that for the past several days my printer has been printing as if I was creating a transparency for a tee shirt (reverse). I've checked every setting that I think of, and have not been able to resolve my problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -- ELB
November 26th 07 07:37 PM
by ELB Go to last post
0 274
user account can't print to shared printer by Rmundo
I have a laptop with windows vista home premium set up on a wireless home network. I also have a windows 98 desktop on the network that i am using as the print server. I have successfully installed my HP Photosmart 7550 printer and can print fine when logged into my profile on the laptop. When my wife logs on to her profile, she can not print. The printer is visible and selected as the...
November 26th 07 07:01 PM
by Rmundo Go to last post
0 250
Cannot connect to shared Printer by Berny
Shared printer is hosted on a Windows XP Home-based computer all the computers running Xp on the network work fine. My new Vista-based notebook will not allow me to use the printer. When I try to connect everything goes fine until the actual connect I get an error box that says "access denied" That's it!!!!!! No other details!!!!!!! no option to try and begin troubleshooting!!!!
November 26th 07 06:27 PM
by Arjen Meijer Go to last post

From The