Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
2-sided printing by LightsEternity
I want to print pages double-sided. However, everytime I use this option, my printer ends up printing an "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing" page, which it never did before prior to getting vista. I have a Lexmark E232.
March 13th 07 12:31 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 365
Wishblade and Vista by Thelma
I've contacted manufacturer (Xyron) and they say Microsoft hasn't furnished them information needed to update driver. Is this possible or are they just pulling the wool over my eyes?
March 21st 07 07:41 PM
by Thelma Go to last post
1 282
IE7 in Vista blocks printing by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org casimpson wrote: I also have this problem using the drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 that are built into Vista. I am an administrator and I am still not able to print to
March 23rd 07 04:47 PM
by MikeEgan Go to last post
1 216
How to share printers (and files) in Vista by Birk Binnard
This KB article explains it all. I used the steps in the Printer Sharing section to successfully share my LaserJet 2500 with my old XP system. Here's the article URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx -- Birk Binnard http://www.birkbinnard.com
March 29th 07 09:44 PM
by Chandrasekhar Go to last post
1 320
hp deskjet 3325 by Jacob Barry
I recently upgraded to Vista H.P., and unfortunately my HP Deskjet 3325 isn't compatible (surprise surprise), anyone know of a release date yet of some compatible drivers for my HP printer?
March 28th 07 12:00 AM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 211
Cannot print online visita by Bigfeller
Cannot get printer to print online Hp printer using vista
March 28th 07 10:28 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 251
printer problem... by urgent!!!
I can not add the printer into LAN, I'm using Windows Vista, and I would like to add the network printer but I received this message.... Windows can't connect to the printer ther is not enoug memory to complete this operation.....
March 28th 07 03:13 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 168
Lexmark X7350 will not work on wireless network by [email protected]
I have a new Lexmark AIO 7350. It installed OK to my PC with Vista using USB cable. My laptop with XP works OK using my Linksys router and adapter card. I can connect to the internet on the laptop OK. BUT I can't seem to make it recognize and share the printer on the laptop. Any suggestions to make this work would be greatly appreciated. EW
March 28th 07 10:48 PM
by Aspire5610z Go to last post
1 235
HP Photosmart 8450 problem printing tables by Bluebonnet
Overall, my 8450 is working *okay* with Vista, except that there's a problem printing docs that are set up as tables. The print previews always look perfect, but in one case I was printing a calendar from a pdf and the lines came out, but no text. In another case, I was printing a monthly menu from IE7 (again, a calendar) and all the text printed, but no lines. (When I say lines, I mean...
March 28th 07 07:46 PM
by Bluebonnet Go to last post
1 188
Add network printer problem by Ernst - EXE Graphics
When clicking on add network printer the program crashes immediately and returns the following error: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549b091 Fault Module Name: StackHash_9da6 Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
March 23rd 07 05:26 PM
by Dan Janni Go to last post
1 223
URL Missing from webpage printing by Peter
I just noticed that the URL no longer prints when I am printing a webpage. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Canon Pixma MP150 -- Peter Toronto, Canada XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate fully updated P4 D865GBFL HT @ 3.0ghz 4.0gb DDR 700gb HD Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro Graphics
March 20th 07 12:04 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 349
Samsung SCX-4100 & Vista? by The Traveler
Setup: Samsung SCX-4100 MFD connected to a Windows Vista Business computer via the USB port. When I try to install the scanner, Windows Vista Business sees this as a XEROX Workcenter Pro Scanner and installed that driver, which does not work. Now I did install the Samsung 32-bit scanner drivers for Vista, but I still wind up with the "XEROX Workcenter Pro Scanner". However, once installed,...
March 13th 07 12:33 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 246
Epson RX500 Black and White by JMWilton
Vista Home Premium. Epson RX500 drivers install autmatically since it is USB. Cannot find how to force it to print in Black and White. The only reference I can find is under Advanced ... which says Click Greyscale...it works if you want Greyscale but not if you want true black and white. How do you set the printer to print in Black and White and not Color?
March 12th 07 02:31 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 286
Need small printer for travel... by Barry
I just purchased a new laptop that came installed with Vista. I'm working out all the bugs, which have been considerable. Anyway, much of my work requires me to be away from the office and I have the need to print documents in the field. I've used the small Canon Bubblejet printer for a long time and it's served me well. However, it requires the old "printer port" i.e. there's no USB...
March 13th 07 12:22 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 323
c3180 problem by Chester GS
Have a new HP computer with vista. Bought a c3180 printer/scanner/copier to go with it. Software included is only good up to XP, as you probably know. Downloaded large driver file from HP, which works, but it inisists on reinstalling itself on every reboot and occasionally at other times. This is a pain. Anybody else encounter this problem?
March 15th 07 03:49 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 263
Vista Fax: Custom folders by [email protected]
Hi, Microsoft says: · Easier organisation of faxes and scans. Windows Fax and Scan provides categories and folders for organising faxes and scanned documents, as well as the ability to create custom folders. When you want to move faxes or scans, you simply drag the file to the appropriate folder.
March 18th 07 04:18 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 176
Dell 1815dn laser printer driver by RF_waves
Dell does not have their act together. I have a 1815dn printer that works fine with XP. Dell's website claims the driver (updated 1/19/07) is Vista compatable but it is not. I spent several hours with their tech support with no resolution. Several days later Dell's website still shows Visrta compatability for the 1815dn printer !!
March 16th 07 04:25 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 254
Connecting to network/shared printer by corvetteviper
Each time I try to connect to a network printer or a shared printer in Vista, I get a message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. The specified print monitor is unknown."
March 16th 07 08:33 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 256
Lexmark E120n Network 2-sided Printing by seraphimx
Hi, I have a Lexmark E120n printer and I have vista 64x. For a long time Ive tried to print 2-sided, since I have to print 100+ pages for school I like to print it 2-sided to save pages. At first, 2-sided printing did not work at all, there was a page with an arrow comming out and telling you to put it back in the tray and press start. And it didnt print 2 sided, it just screwed up the...
March 17th 07 10:40 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 188
Print Shop won't print using laser printer by deejay47
I have Print Shop premier edition 5.0 and a hp laserjet 1000 printer, which I have used with my old hp computer and windows XP. Now that I have a new computer with Windows Vista, I cannot print to the laser printer from the print shop program, although I can print from other programs, and also I can print to an hp photosmart c3180. There must be some unique incompatibility problem between...
March 30th 07 06:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The