Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
scan to email defaults to WM instead of WLM? by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista P F & S) "Ian Cockram" wrote in message ... Thanks Peter ............. tried your fix but no luck I'm afraid. I'm astonished that even via Google I can't find others similarly stuck! I can't be the only person with a recent Epson scanner (V350), Vista, and using WLM instead...
March 5th 08 03:41 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 264
Log In required everytime printing from XP to Vista by Hitesh
I have a Brother MFC7420 attached to my Vista Home Basic, and its shared. I also enabled the Guest acc on this machine without password. On the same network, I have a WinXP machine. I added the MFC7420 to this machine, and they asked my for a username & password. I keyed in Guest and blank for pwd, and it all worked. But every evening, we shut down the machines. Next day, although the printer...
March 5th 08 01:35 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 265
No WLAN printing: Active Directory Domain Services unavailable by jmoore3
3 PC WLAN: Dell Dim 2400 desktop (Win XP SP2), Dell Insp 1200 laptop (Win XP SP2), and Gateway MT3421 laptop (Win 32-bit Vista) and Dell 720 Printer hanging off Dim 2400. Have not attempted network printing for a week or more. Today when I tried to print an MS Word document from the Gateway laptop I got: "The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable." What to do? -- jmoore
March 5th 08 01:58 PM
by jmoore3 Go to last post
0 1,016
HP J5780 Problem by SandyS
When I try a manual 2 sided print job, it prints the first page then stops. I must stop and start the spooler then it prints a blank page then a second copy of the first page again. HP has no solution to problem. Hope I can get suggestions here. OS - Vista 32 Bit Home Premium
March 6th 08 04:29 PM
by SandyS Go to last post
0 240
How to Remove a USB Printer? by Paul DeVivo
What is the correct way to delete / uninstall / remove a USB printer so all it's driver files are also removed so that, if reconnected, it will be discovered by Windows (new hardware found) just as if it had never previously been connected?
March 6th 08 09:03 PM
by Philippe BADIN Go to last post
4 270
Printing to Adobe Distiller by Printing to Adobe Distiller
When printing a document to Adobe Distiller, why does it save it to the Temporary Internet File even though I specified the document to be saved in a designated folder? How do I disable this function? I'm using Windows Vista. Thanks in advance.
March 7th 08 01:52 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 216
Error message whentrying to print in IE7 by Armin Heinlein
I am receiving an error message when I am trying to print in IE7. The message states: Cannot find 'file://V:/User/Armin/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/D888RABN.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct. When I hit ok another home page is starting up. The path exists but the file doesn't.
March 7th 08 02:10 AM
by laura Go to last post
8 301
Default printer not recognized by S. Heff
I have a HP Color LaserJet 2600n network printer installed as default printer. It works in all programs except Windows Photo Gallery. It is not in the list of printers to pick. How do I get Photo Gallery to recognize this printer? I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.
March 7th 08 06:13 PM
by S. Heff Go to last post
0 211
where to find the fax in vista home edition by ptoezee
I know there has to be one, but for the life of me I cannot find it. Please help Thank you
March 7th 08 07:29 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 217
cannot add the shared printer by krista
Hi, I have 7 computers in the company. All computers are runing XP. I shared 1 printer in computer A and shared to the network. I can add this printer in other 4 computers except 2(B and C). I usually will go to add printer wizard. I only enter the \\computer_name\, it will search for me. However, it didnt do it in computer B and C. Computer B i can find computer A but cannot find that printer...
March 8th 08 05:48 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 216
Loss of Fax capability with Vista Home Premium by Laurence
I have just purchased a new computer from Dell and assumed I would have some problems learning a new OS, but I did not anticipate the loss of a good applet like Microsoft Fax. I counted on this small program for occasional direct communication with other facilities fax machine. It was quick and easy. I have a second older Dell computer which I invested with hardware updates in preparation...
March 8th 08 09:21 AM
by secretchef Go to last post
7 386
Printing issue from firefox and other aps since latest updates by Ridel High
Hi there! I searched through this thread, and I found a lot of different printing issues, but none seem to be quite this, so, hopefully I'm not treading over well worn ground. Since the last round of updates in Vista Home Premium, I have not been able to print from Firefox or Works. The error I get while trying to print in Firefox is:
March 8th 08 01:59 PM
by Ridel High Go to last post
0 266
printing by oogie
Since this is new to me, I really don't know how to ask my question. So here goes: I have a pc running windows xp with an Hp all-in-one printer. I recently bought a new laptop with Vista and a router. Is there a way I can print from my new laptop? oogie
March 8th 08 03:30 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 491
UI bugs in Windows Fax and Scan (Vista ultimate) by Graham Charles[_2_]
Bugs: 1. "Rename" has no shortcut key (s/b F2). 2. When choosing rename from the context menu, the dialog box OK control is focused, rather than the "New Title" text box. OK should be disabled until text is entered anyway. Annoyances: 1. Renaming should be in-place, without requiring a dialog box. 2. Multiple-page scans should be splittable. 3. Folders from other OS locations should be usable...
March 9th 08 12:21 AM
by Graham Charles[_2_] Go to last post
0 261
Scanner EPSON 4990 in vista ultimate 64 seen as GT-800... by [email protected]
....and doesnt work. Hardware is ok. I can scan on my powermac with this scanner connected. This problem started probably after last windows update, unfortunately, i have reinstalled the system , so i cannot manually find particular security update (all have teh same instalation date). Anyone has the same problem? Thanks for reply and any help Chris
March 9th 08 04:55 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 276
printer help (usb) by valhalla[_5_]
hi hall having a few probs with a brand new epson dx7450 wont install driver,its comming up with a no communication error. ive been on the phone to epson and tried to install has a new printer , but when i get to setting post im only got LPT/COM ports and has my printer ist connected via usb this is where my problem is , my question is how do i enable my usb so the add printer wizard ...
March 9th 08 12:08 PM
by valhalla[_6_] Go to last post
3 281
Copying printer in control panel everytime computer is rebooted! by jeffer101
My HP4180 all-in-one is copied evertime the computer reboots. I have Vista 32. I must unplug the USB connection, delete all copies and original then plug in the printer and reinstall it. Pain in the butt. I tried the microsoft hotfix for this problem and I got an error message so it didn't complete. Still have same problem. Help!
March 9th 08 06:35 PM
by Dave55 Go to last post
1 202
printer queue item properties bug by DGPickett
I sorted my current and old printouts saved in the queue by time descending, but when I right clicked for the properties of the second item, they were for the next to last item and vice versa. This looks like a plain old bug. Properties only workd for a forward chronological sort.
March 9th 08 07:37 PM
by DGPickett Go to last post
0 193
printing on server 2003 x64 by Bruce Sanderson
See if the information at http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/AddDrivertoOldOS.htm is any help. Although this page is addressing "older versions", it applies whenever there are platform differences. The printing related newsgroups might provide better help - e.g. microsoft.public.windows.vistat.print_fax_scan and microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax. Since the server is 64 bit, you would add...
March 10th 08 03:02 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
0 248
Print problems on Win Server 2003 by Bruce Sanderson
Drivers for Windows 2000 are typically "driver model 2" - NT4 and 2000 whereas the XP and 2003 drivers are typically "driver model 3 - XP and 2003. Unfortunately, when you have mixed 2000 and 2003 environment, sometimes there are significant compatibility issues with printer drivers. I tried to find information about your Canon C3200 on Canon's web site, but unfortunately could find nothing....
March 10th 08 04:00 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post

From The