Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Image Enhancement Software... 3D... Cool Freeware by e40xyasm
This was the coolest software i've seen in a while besides for actionscripts. DVN PHOTO software ROCKS!! http://www.dvnphoto.com the software is free right now so I told David to grab it and see what it does. I was so impressed, it took my image and added elements to it to image it almost look 3d. very very cool must see...
March 10th 08 06:56 AM
by e40xyasm Go to last post
0 262
hp toolbox not working by techwiz via WindowsKB.com
I have an Hp color LaserJet 2600n that is network connected. I was unable to use the toolbox software on any of my PC's. After getting nowhere with HP or Microsoft, I did some tweaking myself and found the following: HP claims that toolbox will not work with IE7. (and hence, Vista!) This is not true. I had the following connected: 1 Win2K machine with IE6, 1 WinXP Pro SP2 machine with IE7, and 1...
March 10th 08 12:28 PM
by Alain Brousseau Go to last post
2 240
Installing the XPS Document Writer by Alberto Di Meglio
Hi, I've accidentally deleted the XPS Document Writer printer in Vista. How can I get it back? If I try to 'Add a printer' I can see an XPSPort entry in the list of local ports, but if I select it, it prompts me to use one of the printer drivers I have for a USB printer.
March 10th 08 01:50 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 389
CAN'T SEND FAX FROM VISTA- get RPC SERVER NOT AVAILABLE by Bill Milosz
It appears my Agere WinFax Modem is installed correctly in my VISTA 64 Ultimate installation (new installation, new PC) - when I configured Windows faxing, the modem showed up in my FAX ACCOUNT as "local fax (default)" I wrote a test fax to send to my office. When I clicked SEND I get an error "The message could not be sent. The RPC server is not available." In days of old, RPC server...
March 10th 08 02:53 PM
by Bill Milosz[_2_] Go to last post
2 248
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer by Puppy Breath
Gotcha. The one in Office 2007 is Office Picture Manager or something. If you go with Corel PSP 11 make sure you get the latest download. It has fixes to make it run in Vista. Otherwise if can be bumpy. "Malke" wrote in message ... Dennis wrote:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 08 03:05 PM
by griz Go to last post
10 403
usb2.0 mfp (high speed) Epson R300 by Morgoil
I tried to load the drivers for my printer which seem to load ok but then I get the message "usb2.0 mfp (high speed) device found" and I don't know what to do next as windows update carnt find the driver. Any help will be apprieciated
March 10th 08 09:58 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
5 220
FAX Mail Transport Service by Ed VA
Does anyone know if the "FAX Mail Transport Service" is available on Windows Vista; and if so, how to implement it. I had it working on my XP machine; but it's been warranty replaced with my new Vista System, and I still need FAX capability. I don't want to have to buy anything if possible because I'm retired and living on a fixed income.
March 10th 08 10:12 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 299
Uknown error of Vista during fax transmission by Alberto
Hi, Tried everything but is not possible send a fax using Windows Fax program. The analogic modem that I use is well configured; is USRobotics 56k prof. message modem but the driver is "Sportster" . In toolsaccount fax appear the name of this modem. Please note that I have another software for faxing this is "direct scan" and is included as default program of the MUSTEK scanner model....
March 11th 08 01:05 PM
by Alberto Go to last post
0 248
HP Deskjet 1220c by Kornowski
I havea a HP Deskjet 1220c printer and I'm thinking of getting Windows Vista x64, I however cannot find any drivers for it... I found 'this' (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=se&prodNameId=19142&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25521&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=2100), but I can't download, does it mean the drivers aren't out till Feb of next year or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 08 03:09 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
10 490
Cannot connect to network printer, error 0x000006d1 (was OK with W by riccume
Just moved from the old trusted Windows 2000 T20 Thinkpad laptop to the new Vista T61 laptop. I have a private wireless network, with a NAS (Buffalo LinkStation) on it and a printer connected to the NAS via USB. I am trying to connect to the printer but I keep receiving the error "0x000006d1". Details: on my new laptop I can see the Buffalo LinkStation connected to my network (though...
March 11th 08 03:28 PM
by riccume Go to last post
5 333
windows cannot connect to the printer Operation Could not be compl by Kram
When attempting to add a new, network printer accessible via my Windows XP PC on my Vista PC, I can browse and see the printer, however, when I attempt to connect, I get the following error: "Windows cannot connect to the printer Operation Could not be completed (error 0x0000046A)" Any help appreciated
March 11th 08 03:37 PM
by spikedog1 Go to last post
9 387
Can not install Canon MP210 by jwskms
I just puchased a new Gateway computer and printer package. The Gateway is a FX7020 and the printer is a Canon MP210. The OS is Vista Home Premium. I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but the printer software never recognizes the printer and as a result does not complete the installation. I have rebooted as directed, but the problem persists.
March 11th 08 03:44 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 388
HP LaserJet 1320 and Word 2007 problem by John Gerard[_2_]
I cannot print more than one copy of a document since getting Word 2007. My HP Laser Jet 1320 worked fine with Word 2003, but not now. Can anyone offer any help? Thank you, John
March 11th 08 05:23 PM
by lbpoulson Go to last post
1 221
Vista printing with Terminal Services by Baris Ratanjee
I am using Windows Vista Business Edition. Connected via the USB is HP LaserJet 1300 printer. I am able to print locally without any issue. When I connect to Windows terminal Server 2003, the Printer is recognized on the TS side and I am able to select it to print. However when I issue the print command, I get an kernel error printed on the printer. Can I please get some help or advice on...
March 11th 08 06:38 PM
by Baris Ratanjee Go to last post
0 249
Printing borders by Amber
Okay I have been trying for the last hour to print an award of appreciation. I do a print preview and it shows the border there and ready to print but then when I print it comes out with no border. How do I fix this? I never had this problem with my old verision of Windows.
March 12th 08 02:02 AM
by Amber Go to last post
0 230
Can't set network printer as default by dmack410
I work for a non-profit and I am basically the IT Department in our organization simply because I am the one who knows the most about computers (which isn't a lot) but there is no budget for an IT Department. We recently upgraded to Windows Vista Business and I am running into an issue where I can't set any network printer as the default printer. I can install the printer fine and I can set...
March 12th 08 02:57 PM
by LambChop Go to last post
3 367
Envelopes won't print by Clancy2
I'm running Microsoft Word 2007. When I go into Mailings/Envelopes and add a recipient's address (I usually change Fonts from the Default), then hit Print, nothing happens at the printer. The image on my monitor goes from the Envelope set-up screen to a blank Microsoft Word document screen. I've got an envelope snuggly tucked into the printer slot. Tried this multiple times without success....
March 12th 08 04:47 PM
by Bill Go to last post
4 5
Epson scanner3170 driver vista x64 by [email protected]
I did upgrade to Vista x64 SP1 and I'm having problem with the scanner driver, the driver worked before the upgrade, doesn't work I did download the one from Epson support web site and it didn't worked either. it doesn't install displaying a dialog box saying that the driver is not for the OS. Does anyone knows a work around or have a driver that works with SP1? Thanks
March 12th 08 05:54 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 202
Win Fax and Scan Set up by BillG
I have the vista premium and I'm trying to set up the win fax for cable, through comcast in spokane wa. I have three fax pending and not sent. It says that I have to set it up on the server. I have no clue about setting it up, and I am the system admin on my personal computer. The other issue is the dialing rules do not work. I do not want the win fax to dial +1 for a local number. -- Never...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 08 09:16 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
16 509
When printing, my text has a shadow! by Haylea
Every time I print something out, a document, an email etc the text has a shadow. Its like the printer is out of line, (if there is such a thing) but ive no idea how to re-align it. Any ideas? Hx
March 12th 08 10:59 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The