Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
add the share printer can not find TCP/IP property by microsoft
When I add the HP network share printer to a staff's computer,I can not find the TCP/IP property. The ping is ok.What can I do,help me!
March 13th 08 02:18 AM
by microsoft Go to last post
0 258
Help - printer? by juinja[_5_]
Does anyone have a list of all-in-one printers (print,copy,scan,photo,fax) that are compatible with Vista Home Premium? I had an HP psc 2410 that I loved that does not work with my new Dell Inspiron 231 and have to replace it Thanks, J -- juinja
March 13th 08 03:18 AM
by juinja[_7_] Go to last post
9 375
HP720C won't print by Dilbert1121
I bought a USB to parallel adapter, plugged it in, and it worked GREAT! Now, 2 weeks later my HP Deskjet 720C quit printing. Applications seem to put the document into the spooler correctly, but the spooler errors out. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the printer, but no luck so far.
March 13th 08 04:57 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
7 8
I still am having problem Setting Up Network Printer via XP by gecko[_3_]
I just noticed that everything under the HP printer's properties is grayed out and so I cannot change anything. I thought ownership/privileges could be the cause of my not being able to print from this test VISTA machine over my LAN to the HP AIO printer which is connected directly via USB on my XP machine. But I can't change anything - I notice other things (e.g. share name) are grayed out...
March 13th 08 07:18 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 219
Printer Sharing in Windows Vista by Lledier
I have Three computers networked together all with Windows Vista. I have an HP ALL-In-One installed on one of the machines. I have gone into sharing and shared the computer. I have installed the shared printer on all three machines. However, if I reboot one of the machines, I have to go through the process of re-adding and resharing the computer. Needless to say, it's very frustrating. ...
March 13th 08 08:08 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
1 249
TCP/IP address change stops printer? by ogman
I have a Brother HL-5280DW. My mac will print to it over the wired network. My XP machine will print to it over the wired network. Vista, however, will only print to it until somehow the IP address is changed. This is confusing, since to the best of my knowledge, the IP address has always changed and it never mattered on the mac or under XP. I have no idea how to fix this, but I do know that...
March 14th 08 12:52 AM
by ogman Go to last post
4 265
Spooler SubSystem App by Eddie
I need some help, please. I am running Vista Home Premium (32-bit). I been receiving an error message each morning when I turn on my machine "Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed". My local printer does not work, nor can I print across my LAN. I wrote a question about this before and received a suggestion to try...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 14th 08 01:42 AM
by Eddie Go to last post
27 2,030
Can't stop printing ss on Brother HL 2070N by trudger
I had begun printing a two page ss but forgot to instruct p 1 to 2. It spooled about 500 pages so I opened paper drawer to stop printing then opened printer file and canceled printing. Returned to SS, highlighted area to be printed and set it as print range. Went to print, instructed to print p 2 of 2 and hit print. PAges and pages are coming out so again I pulled drawer, opened file,...
March 14th 08 11:42 AM
by trudger Go to last post
0 249
Addressing Recipients with Windows Fax by Jason Harrison
In previous versions of Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard allowed you to enter a recipient name, fax number, and so on. It seems that with Windows Fax and Scan there is no way to enter a name and number in the “To:” field unless you add an address book entry and then choose that persons fax address. Often we find users wanting to just send a quick fax to someone that is not in their...
March 14th 08 12:05 PM
by Jason Harrison Go to last post
2 280
would upgrade to Vista Ultimate allow me to use my scanner? by [email protected]
Hi All, After many hours online with computer techs, it has been determined that my Dell AIO964 will not scan with my version of Home Premium and I will have to upgrade to Vista Ultimate for my printer / scanner to work. Is this true? I don't want to outlay this money if my printer scanner still will not work. Also, any scanners out there that work with Vista Premium or Ultimate that is not...
March 14th 08 02:12 PM
by Dave Go to last post
6 282
Problem Setting Up Network Printer via XP by gecko[_3_]
I am a new, just created, VISTA user. I have it installed on a test machine which is networked to a second machine which is XP PRO SP2. The networking is via a D-Link router. I have two printers, one an EPSON R320, the other AN HP PSC950 AIO. The EPSON is connected directly to the VISTA machine via USB. The HP is connected directly to the XP machine via USB. Each printer prints just fine from...
March 14th 08 03:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 206
Vista support for HP PSC 2410 All-in-One by juinja[_6_]
I find myself in the same dilemma - did you ever get a satisfactory answer to your question? -- juinja
March 14th 08 09:16 PM
by Bill Go to last post
1 266
ie 7 printing problems by PA Bear
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.org/ Freddy wrote: I am running vista 64-bit Ultimate
March 15th 08 10:49 AM
by ValcomTech Go to last post
7 286
Trouble Installing Hp deskjet f4140? by Daisyldy3
Have just upgraded from my windows xp media edition to windows vista home premium. I have never had so much trouble with getting something to work. I can't get half my programs to work, such as adobe acrobat and even more frustrating i can't even get my printer installed. I am no techie, but I've googled as much help as i can find and there's still no relief. I am sad to say I don't...
March 15th 08 02:51 PM
by Daisyldy3 Go to last post
0 200
Vista Driver for HP OJ6110 by Ken51937
My OJ6110 can not print Thai text correctly - wrong position and strange symbol. HP help desk advised to chnage paper setting to "other photo injet paper" even using normal plain paper. This solves the printing problem. But printing is slow and consume alot of ink. Other problem is you can not found OJ6110 in Safely Remove Hardware list when you want to disconnect the printer. So, if I pull...
March 15th 08 02:55 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
7 328
Printing pictures by Big Jon
I am missing a step when trying to print the same picture onto different multi-picture templates. I just see the picture once on say, a 4-up template. -- Thanks for the help, Big Jon
March 15th 08 06:28 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 193
Printer won't print coupons by bwatson
I have a Dell Inspiron 531 computer with Vista Home. My printer is an Epson Stylus C86. It prints everything that I send it, except coupons. The coupon page says my coupons are printing, but they don't. I get the following statement when I tried to reload the coupon printing software. "Unfortunately our site does not support coupon printing using your current computer set up. Coupon...
March 15th 08 08:24 PM
by bwatson Go to last post
0 234
Using my computer as a fax running under Vista by Eros[_2_]
I scanned some documents into Windows Photo Gallery and I have a wireless Tmobile Sony Ericsson GC89 EGPRS Modem and I would like if I can send those documents as a fax from my laptop using the Tmobile wireless connection? -- Eros
March 15th 08 10:06 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 186
HP g95 ink levels... by Howard Woodard
When I was running XP Pro my printer driver allowed me to see my ink levels. When I moved to Vista the old driver no longer worked and the Vista driver did not provide any capability for monitoring ink levels. Does anyone know of a utility that would allow me to see the ink levels in a HP g95 all-in-one printer under the Vista OS? Thanks in advance, Howard
March 15th 08 10:24 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
8 294
Canon printers not compatible with Remote Desktop by BARBLS[_2_]
According to Canon Tech Support--spoke to the manager -- no Canon Printer is compatible with XP Pro's and Vista Business's Remote Desktop. Since their printer drivers are made in Japan, the manager of inkjet support told me all he could do was forward my request to the highest level here in America with the suggestion of supporting the Remote desktop. I even tried Black Ice's Print2XP (the cost...
March 16th 08 04:10 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post

From The