Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Need some help getting Netgear PS110 Printer Server to work by Benjamintsims
Hi I could do with some help getting a Netgear PS110 Printer Server to work on Windows Vista Home Premium. I can get it to print to one printer but not the other. If anyone has it working fully some help would be much appreciated. My two printers are a samsung ML4500 and an HP deskjet 5552. Thanks Ben
November 8th 07 11:44 AM
by holodoc79 Go to last post
3 291
Some fonts won't print by SF Bay'er
I have an HL-1440 Brother laser printer that is connected to a PC (running XP) on my network, it is not a network printer. I have a sample document of 8 lines, each in a different font. From my XP laptop I print the document to the networked Brother printer and everything prints correctly. From my Vista PC, when I print this document to the Brother Laser printer, 6 fonts print correctly....
November 8th 07 03:30 AM
by SF Bay'er Go to last post
1 2
vista/brother printing by cazbyw
I had to set my PC back to factory default. Now I am having problems printing, I think installation was successful, however when I click print it shows the printer as Brother DCP-130C, but when I click print again instead of printing I get a 'save as' window, can you help me get printing again? -- toodle pip
November 8th 07 03:12 AM
by cazbyw Go to last post
2 275
Vista 64bit Printing to Printer on XP 32bit by Dawn
I have an HP 1300 laserjet connected by USB to a computer operating WinXP 32 bit and new HP laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Both print if connected directly to the printer but I want to have the Vista notebook print through the network and the XP machnine. Currently when I "add a printer" it sees the printer through the network but when I select the Vista x64 universal printer driver...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 07 02:45 AM
by cybertech Go to last post
10 533
Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message. by Shaz42
I have bought a Lexmark X1270 All In One Printer, but despite endless emails and phone calls to Lexmark they are still stating that it is compatible with Vista, i bought this product as it stated that it was. I have used the Vista clean to uninstall any old files of Lexmark then used the Download link for this Printer from their website and yet still there is a problem with the install, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 07 02:31 AM
by Greg Go to last post
14 787
Photo Gallery by Carol[_4_]
I am trying to print a document in Photo Gallery. It worked before, however not when I open file it looks ok but when I click print it prints in landscape. Can someone tell me what is going on and how I can fix it. Really appreciate help.
November 8th 07 12:47 AM
by Carol[_4_] Go to last post
0 265
Shared Fax/Scan Folders on server?? by Jeffrey[_2_]
I have 3 PCs running Vista Ultimate in my very small office. 1 as a file "server" and the other 2 as client PCs. The "server" PC has no user, just there to host files and printers. I have a modem connected to the server PC and was wondering if I could set up my small network so that the 2 client machines can share and use the server folder store for Fax & Scan. I have my server PC setup to...
November 7th 07 05:20 PM
by Nicolas Manchard Go to last post
6 304
Can't delete FAX by Bill Leary
I have a FAX sitting in my "Incoming" box. The "status" says "Routing failed." When I try to delete it I get "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" followed by "Access denied." The details say Access is denied. (5, 10300000142)
November 7th 07 02:22 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
0 257
Can't Find Windows Fax and Scan by Brian
I have Vista Ulimate 64 bit upgrade installed. Under Programs installed windows fax and scan is and was checked when I started looking for program. It is not in the location that all the help areas state and even more confusing is I can not find it with a search either. Please Help! Where is this thing located if it is not in the following area: Click the Start button , click All Programs,...
November 7th 07 11:22 AM
by Brian Go to last post
3 274
print errors -- HP/Vista/Publisher 2007/Xerox printer by Donna
Having major issues only with printing Publisher files. It is temperamental about printing properly. If it prints ok, after a few pages, I get errors and gibberish. I already updated the drivers from Xerox. A Xerox tech says they have had numerous calls and the problem is on Microsoft's end.
November 7th 07 01:36 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 288
Dot Matrix Printing... by Martin S.
I have a need to use a dot matrix printer with Vista to print on multi-part forms. If I print from Word 2007 will it print as text or a graphic image? Any advice??? Thanks, Martin.
November 6th 07 10:27 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 297
spooler sevice is failing by Broyle
sometimes when I start Vista my printers don't show up, I go to control panel/admiistration tools/services/print spooler and it says the spooler is running. So I click on the option to stop the spooler and after a time i get a message "1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fahion" aftr this I am given the start option and I can start the spooler and...
November 6th 07 05:04 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 273
Full Screen (Multiple Window) capture in Dual Monitor Mode by kdlunde62
I need to do some screen captures that include ALL open windows on my second monitor in a dual-monitor configuration. Alt-Print Screen only captures the active window and Ctrl-Print Screen (or just Print Screen) captures all windows on BOTH monitors. I know I can just use tools to crop down, but I'm just wondering if there is a key combination or some other 'quick' solution that will...
November 6th 07 01:20 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 347
Printer keeps printing in one color by whollis
My color printer prints black text when supposed to but when I try to print hihglighted words and such in a different color it prints any and all colors in shades of green only. I have checked the cartridges - they are all installed correctly and full of ink. I've printed test pages and they come out fine. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know what's wrong?
November 6th 07 12:00 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 283
Installing HP Solution Center for my L7650 by rlikwartz
When I try to install the HP Solution Center Application for my L7650 the HP Network Devices service doesn't load so it can't find my L7650. I've installed this on two other machines and it works fine. The HP Network Devices service is running on them.
November 5th 07 11:02 PM
by rlikwartz Go to last post
0 278
Fax forwarding - can't select individual pages by James[_3_]
Windows fax and scan does not seem to allow you to select pages to forward from a received multi-page fax - you can only forward the entire faxed document. Is there a way to isolate pages from the many if you only want to forward one or two pages from the original? -- James Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
November 5th 07 09:47 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 311
wireless printing Vista to Mac 10.4 by ro
I've got a wireless home network set up and everything works great except printing. My Mac and Vista laptop talk to each other fine. But when I go to print from the Vista laptop (through the wireless network to the Mac where the printer is connected) nothing happens. The printer queue says it spools without error but nothing prints and nothing shows up on the Mac printer queue. Sharing is...
November 5th 07 06:10 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 324
photo cartridge by smarter than I look
I'm trying to put in a photo cartridge...don't you put it in the place of the black and white one and leave in the regular color?? I did this and it says ERROR for my cartridges???? What am I doing wrong??
November 5th 07 03:14 AM
by smarter than I look[_2_] Go to last post
2 297
HP L7580 Printer Fax and Scanner Driver Installation Problems by mmeche
I downloaded and installed the 8.0 software for the L7580 All-In-One Printer and cannot get the fax driver to install. The printer is a network printer and I have tried both static and dynamic addresses. I can ping the printer and run the web based fax and scan utility with no problem. I am running Vista Home Premium. During the install, if I try to add a device, the install software sees...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 07 01:11 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
11 544
Can't cancel color print by [email protected]
Help! I've got an HP 6110 officject running Vista Home Premium. I am not able to print in draft mode or black and white or grayscale. I set the printer properties but it still prints in color. Thanks for you help. Steve
November 5th 07 01:11 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The