Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
wireless printing by Brian L
I have a PC running vista, my wife has an apple macbook pro. We have an airport express, and an epson all in one printer. I just bought my new PC and was running XP. I could print from both computer wirelessly, since I bought the new PC, I am having trouble printing from it. Problem: When I print from my PC it will print most of the document, then freezes.
March 20th 08 11:43 PM
by Brian L Go to last post
0 177
Pictures from media other than camera by Sueport
Is there any way to take a picture from a magazine and scan it, and change it to a format than I can get a regular picture printed (as from a camera) ? I am trying to ultimately format media to have made into slides. Thanks for considering this. -- Sueport
March 21st 08 09:28 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 178
Fronte Retro con Epson stylus photo r200 by sergiomanca
Salve a tutti. Ho da poco installato una stampante epson stylus photo r200 su un notebook dotato di windows Vista Home Premium... Mentre con XP il fronte retro funzionava (anche se manuale perchè così previsto) con questo S.O. non riesco a capire come mai non ci sia possibilità di usare la stessa funzione. Ho anche scaricato i drivers dal sito epson ma nulla da fare... Una sola volta, ricordo, ho...
March 22nd 08 06:23 AM
by sergiomanca Go to last post
0 222
Photosmart 7960 by jimrx4
I'm using MS Vista and I have a HP Photosmart 7960 printer. Of course HP has provided a "Basic Driver with limited functionality only" which leaves me wanting more. One question I have is how can you tell the ink cartridge's levels without wasting a good sheet of photo paper? Is there a freeware/shareware program available to do this?
March 22nd 08 10:35 PM
by Dorthy Go to last post
3 162
HP F380 and Vista and Works 8 by Emma
I have a Vista Laptop, HP All in One Printer F380 and Microsoft Works 8. I have installed the printer and updates to my laptop, but when i try to print spreadsheets that i've created, Works 8 always closes down. Please could anyone help me? Kind regards Emma
March 23rd 08 02:28 AM
by Jeannie Go to last post
2 235
Network Ready Printers compatible with Vista 32x by BaileyPrint
I am having so many issues with my Vista and HP 6100xi series All-in-one! I tried to hook up a print server two different brands, but most of them are not compatible with both Vista and the printer. I want to buy a reasonably priced Network Printer any suggestions will help!
March 23rd 08 04:54 AM
by stearon Go to last post
2 203
Where is Vista Fax Console by AuthorizedUserPF
In XP I had fax console. Where is it in Vista. I have been all through the program files and don't see it. Does this self install with the installation of Vista, or must I add it from the installation DVD. There also seems to be something called windows fax and scan, but Ican't find that either. Please advise Phil
March 23rd 08 12:41 PM
by Bob F.[_5_] Go to last post
9 189
Unable to print anything in IE7 by PA Bear [MS MVP]
There hasn't been an IE-related update released since 12 Feb-08. Assuming this behavior started after installing one or more of the Vista-specific, non-critical updates (including driver updates) that were released on 11 Mar-08, I'm going to forward your thread to the Vista Printing-specific newsgroup by crossposting this reply to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan, in hopes that...
March 23rd 08 04:10 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 207
Hp Photosmart C3180 Problem by dazed&confused
Hi I hope someone can help. I received a HP C3180 as a gift and just tried to install the cd that came with it. It says Vista doesn't support this software...what do I do now?? :confused: Can anyone offer any help please? I'm not the most technically minded person ever. Thank you D&C
March 23rd 08 09:36 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 303
HP printer by lindsey
I recently bought a new laptop with vista and i have never used vista before. I have a HP Photosmart all in one printer and was trying to install it but it says i'm not in the administrator account and i've checked multiple times and i am. i called HP but they were not much help, do you have any suggestions?
March 23rd 08 09:36 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 229
Vista SP1 by Russ
Vista SP1 stopped my printer from working. I have an HP D2330 printer and I could not print the body of any files unless the typeface was "Red". The printer would go thru the motions but no ink would go on the paper. I have the latest driver version, so I had to remove SP1 to get the printer to work. I would like to have SP1 but not if the printer won't work! Any ideas?
March 24th 08 03:21 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 215
Configuring the LPT port in Vista to be able to print a DOS applic by stearon
I have a legacy application that I have been using for years. I bought a new Brother 7820N printer and when I try to print using a parallel cable the printer has a message saying DATA REMAINING but doesn't print until I send a second item to the printer. Is there a way to configure the Parallel port. Going to the BIOS doesn't allow you to configure the LPT port beyond enable.
March 24th 08 04:17 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 741
Can't open "Printing Preferences" by RJA
I recently installed an HP psc 1210 all-in-one printer on my Vista machine and I cannot open the "Printing Preferences" option. A window flashed briefly then disappears. I have tried reinstalling and have the same problem. And yes, I am logged in as Administrator. Thanks
March 24th 08 10:02 PM
by gpsmith Go to last post
5 280
Scanner problems by Zygy
My HP Scanjet 5530 worked perfectly on the first three pages of a four page document, i.e. it produced the pages in Word in all colors and with exact detail, so that I could Save As in the appropriate Folder, which contains many files of similar documents. On page four the Scanner ceased to produce the documents in color and some of the data was garbled. I then used the Picture instead of the...
March 25th 08 08:21 AM
by Zygy Go to last post
0 247
still trying to install my AIO by [email protected]
Hi All, On my last post(Would installing Vista Ultimate allow me to use my scanner?) we left it at well,,,yea, maybe. Tried to use the VueScan program, but does ;not support my Dell AIO 964. In the meantime, computer started to act up even more,,,not albe to get it to lock in a a restore point, actually, couldn't even find the drives to create a restore point in, windows updates...
March 25th 08 06:39 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 281
Which driver for HP Deskjet 3820? by Adam Lipscombe
I am trying to install a deskjet 3820. I have no Vista CD because the PC came with Vista Home pre-installed. The HP support site says there is no Vista driver for this printer and tells me to use a desket 970cse driver that is built into Vista. I have tried to install the printer as a 970cse but when I select the that printer the installation wizard prompts me to put a disk in. I have no...
March 26th 08 01:25 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
1 236
Printing with IEv7.o by BPrather
Iam running Windows Vista Home Premium and IEv7 on a Gateway laptop,using Yahoo Mail Plus and an HP Deskjet D1420.My printer works just fine in all aspects,except one.I cannot print anything from with vista's systems.Example:List of installed updates.The tool bar containing the print icon is missing.Web pages,email,ect. print just fine.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
March 26th 08 05:00 PM
by BPrather Go to last post
0 198
Printer sharing wont enable by Michael Klim
I can't share out any of my printers on one of my Vista computers. I go into Network and Sharing Center, open Printer sharing, turn on printer sharing and then press Apply, but Printer sharing stays off. This only happens on one of my three computers and it happens to be the one usually connected to the network wirelessly. Any help?
March 26th 08 09:13 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 209
vista print spooler and page count errors. by OneTechForGOD
Hi all, we have an HP officeJet Pro L7650 all in one. with an odd problem. when you go to print a document or what ever; the print spooler takes over as naturally it should, but that is where the problem lies; when it is told 1 page it lists and tries to print 3 pages. 3/1. when told to print 5 pages it will count up to as much as 75/5 and as high as 176 pages. on our first print loaded the...
March 26th 08 09:19 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 194
Print Management by Mike[_20_]
Any ideas on how to permanently prevent print management from prompting to allow firewall exceptions? I explicitly do not want to allow the firewall exceptions.
March 27th 08 10:13 AM
by Mike[_20_] Go to last post

From The