Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Internet Printing by lasernat
Maybe this does not work the way I think and someone can help me out with this please. I have a linksys router and printserver at work with 2 printers attached to it. I want to print from my vista laptop over the internet to one of the printers and for the life of me can not figure out how to get it working. Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.
October 30th 07 04:39 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 274
Vista Print Spooler dies by Westperson
I have a problem that for no apparent reason my Print Spooler dies, it seems to have started back in March when I tried to install the VISTA drivers my DELL 920 and 922 all in one printers. I have since removed them and also run the DELL cleanup utility but the spooler dies occasionally. I have run Windows defender full check and full virus scan, all come up clean. I have recently installed a...
October 30th 07 02:12 PM
by DellCA[_15_] Go to last post
5 625
Vista Ultimate & HP DeskJet-895 by Paran0ia
Does anyone have a sure-fire way of getting an HP Deskjet-895 installed under Vista Ultimate. I have tried just about every way to get Vista to recognise this device and install the Driver for it. It is one of several printers working with my desk-top (XP) machine, but when I try to Add this printer to our new laptops - it persists in asking for a driver. 1- HP Support say "just plug it in"...
October 30th 07 01:21 PM
by John Go to last post
5 324
Windows 2000 Shared Printers Always "Not Ready" by Bruce Scherzinger
I've got two types of printers in my home. One that is connected to a network sharing device and the rest that are connected in various ways to a Windows 2000 machine. Once I put the new Vista machine into the same workgroup as the others, the printers being shared by the Win2k machine were found by the Add Printer wizard. However, when I try to connect to ANY of the printers shared by the...
October 30th 07 12:35 AM
by Jeffrey Randow Go to last post
4 237
Printers deployed through GPO not removed by [email protected]
Hello, I am using GPO's to deloy printers to Vista Business edition PC's. I have a Win2k3 domain with the schema update. The printers are deploying to the machines/users without issue. When I remove a printer from the group policy, it is still being deployed. If I delete the printer manually, do a "gpupdate /force" or reboot, the printer comes back. I run the GPresults wizard, and see that the...
October 29th 07 08:35 PM
by No Name Go to last post
5 257
Printer no showin device manager by Yours Thankfully
Hi, My LaserJet 1320 used to work on Vista Home Premium, but no more. It doesn't show up in the device manager, but has 4 drivers installed when I select Properties in the Printer folder. I want to uninstall the drivers and do a clean install. I hope this will get it going again. Can you help me?
October 29th 07 06:46 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 267
Printer Sharing by jwardjo
I am having a problem sharing my printer with my wirless laptop which is running on xp and my desk computer which the printer is pluged into is vista. Has anybody got a solution please.
October 29th 07 06:29 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 254
Can't install my printer or digital camera on Vista by dgreen66041
I have a Lexmark 3100 Printer and an HP Photosmart R927 Digital Camera. I tried to install both of them, but they won't install. I get a message saying they are not compatible with Vista. It gives the Microsoft Windows website for help. Is there a way that I can install these on Vista? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
October 29th 07 10:54 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 268
Updated Adobe now printer is offline by HB
HP Photosmart C6100 series HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop We are wireless Whenever software gets updated on my laptop the printer will go offline and it's very hard to get it back on again. Why? Is there some sort of setting I have to change? If so, what? Would appreciate help. Thanks,
October 28th 07 06:52 PM
by HB Go to last post
0 265
print preview by beeniepcola
is it just me, or did vista do away with print preview in the printing preferences? is there another way to view the document before printing it?
October 28th 07 05:45 PM
by athalwolf Go to last post
8 263
photo print problem by GerN
Photos which appear fine on my monitor print OK at top and bottom but faint with many horizontal striations in about 70% of the picture. This happens on both an HP 6540 (color) and a Brother 5140 (B&W). -- immature geezer
October 27th 07 06:50 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 231
Problem printing in Wireless printer by Pedro Sendas Pereira
Hi I have a HP PSC-1315 printer connected to the router Asus WL-500GP. I've installed latest drivers from HP. The router IP is 192.168.1.1 In Windows XP it all went well (I was able to print with no problems, after creating a TCP/IP port) but in Vista I can only print half of the first page
October 26th 07 03:25 PM
by Pedro Sendas Pereira Go to last post
7 264
Huge Print Delay by robinson25261
Hi all, Ive just bought a new vista machine and i'm trying to install a lexmark x3480 which i ran on my old xp machine fine, When I tell the machine to print the job sits on the print queue for 5 mins before starting to print and then it takes 5 mins to print one page! I have just spent an hour and a half on the phone to lexmark tech support re-installing the xp drivers and changing the...
October 26th 07 11:03 AM
by robinson25261 Go to last post
0 210
Brother Printer Wont Work by Speedy059
This is very weird issue i'm having. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit edition. I plugged in the USB for the Brother IntelliFax 4100 printer/fax machine into the computer. Vista auto detects it and installs a driver. Vista says everything is good to go. However, when I send a job to the printer NOTHING happens. There are no errors or anything. Can someone offer me any suggestions? I'm...
October 26th 07 12:31 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 230
Can't link to Prolink print server by Bob Tennent
I have been having trouble accessing my Samsung SCX-4200 printer via a Prolink PUB 2300 3-port print server. FIrst I installed the printer on my Vista Home Premium laptop and my XP desktop, and it ran on both with no problems. Vista downloaded an updated printer driver. Then I installed it on the print server, using my XP desktop. No problems to install, or connect from the XP machine.
October 25th 07 08:09 AM
by Bob Tennent Go to last post
0 225
Windows Vista Photo Wizard Prints Horribly by HarrytheHand
I used Windows XP for a good 5 years and used some basic freeware for printing photos (Corellis and HP) on my Epson Stylus. They printed out beautifully. I recently replaced my old PC with a new Dell running Vista Home premium. When I use Vista's Photo Wizard to print a photo, the image on the print preview looks great, but the printed image of my son makes him look like a renaissance...
October 24th 07 10:49 PM
by HarrytheHand Go to last post
0 195
Fax by Vista Home Premium by Ferasat
i am unable to fax from vista home premium, However i can fax it from my old computer running windows XP Home. Can any one help me , how to fax by using Vista Home premium ? Ferasat
October 24th 07 09:32 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 298
Mirror Image when Network Printing by Clevey
When I print from my laptop (wireless) to my home desktop to my HP3470 printer I always get a "mirror" image printed product. I do not have mirror or transparent film set in my printers prefferances..Help!
October 24th 07 08:29 PM
by Clevey Go to last post
0 245
Unable to install driver for Canon LiDE35 scanner by Reb
I downloaded driver from Canon and followed their explicit emailed instructions for installing the Vista driver. Vista then searched for the driver and finally told me it could not locate the driver and I should contact the vendor. Thus begins an endless loop! Has anyone else experienced this?
October 24th 07 06:09 PM
by Reb Go to last post
0 256
October 24th 07 06:05 PM