Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
DOT4_001 Problems with VISTA Ultimate SP1 HP Officejet K80 by Stokenking
::I try printing to this USB printer that connects to Dot4_001 printer port but the printer does not react at all Print spooler reports error restarts automatically and the errors again.:: ::See event log entry below.:: ::The printer could print, scan and fax before my SP1 update . Have removed and reinstalled SP1 to no avail.:: ::I am now trying to delete this port but the system will not...
March 31st 08 10:22 PM
by Stokenking Go to last post
0 357
Need Scanner Wizard by J
Not the setup wizard. The REAL fax and Scanner Wizard that allowed a person to preview, select dpi, designate file name and location. THAT Wizard. why on earth would you eliminate this feature???? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...
March 31st 08 11:57 PM
by MARY Go to last post
1 268
Kodak 5100 AiO Printer & Vista by Susan
I've installed a Kodak 5100 All in One Printer. As soon as I complete the installation I can print. However, eventually the printer goes into sleep mode, and Vista cannot/will not reestablish a connection with it. Vista thinks the printer is turned off, even when I "wake" it or turn it off/on. Any suggestions?
April 1st 08 02:14 AM
by Susan Go to last post
0 248
Vista, HP Laserjet, Top Margin Problem by Pan_Mila
Hi, I have just noticed that when I print a document the top margin does not print correctly. When I print a Microsoft Word document with a top margin of 0.5 inches it actually prints with a 3/8" top margin. This also occurs if I prints a page from IE 7 - my default top margin is 0.75 inches but the page prints with a top margin of 5/8". This is a new computer that I received in Dec 2007,...
April 1st 08 06:59 AM
by Pan_Mila Go to last post
0 203
Printing to Brother HL-1440 comes out garbled by Laura[_6_]
I just got a new laptop with Vista Premium installed. My other computer is XP Pro. Connected to the XP machine is a Brother HL-1440 printer. The computers are on a wireless network. I can see & print to the printer from the Vista machine but the print from Excel comes out garbled. Test page prints okay. I found Vista drivers (PCL) on the brother's website but I am not sure what to do with...
April 1st 08 04:48 PM
by Laura[_6_] Go to last post
9 219
Using Preview produces Interactive Services problem by annieuk
Please Help... QUOTE Program path: C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\HPWSPRE0.exe This problem happens because of partial incompatibility with Windows Vista. Please contact the program or device manufacturer(s) for more information. UNQUOTE Job stays in the print queue despite deleting it, and I cannot print anything.....
April 1st 08 09:43 PM
by annieuk Go to last post
4 282
Printers Won't Remove/Delete by MrCurious
Vista Ultimate x64: Printer worked fine w/XP sp2 Have Brother 1440 printer listed 2x (as “Brother HL-1440” and “Brother HL-1440 series”) and both say they are offline. Trying to delete both but will not remove…get error msg “Printer cannot be removed. Operation could not be completed ( error 0x00000057)”. This printer was to run over network (printserver) with local TCP/IP
April 1st 08 10:35 PM
by MrCurious[_2_] Go to last post
2 239
windows fax and scan by 周瑜
I upgrade my XP PRO to VISTA, and I can's use "windows fax and scan" on vista now. It appears that "Windows fax and scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder.Please ensure that windows fax and scan can access that folder". Because I had changed my documents folder's position to "D:\", I guess it was reason. I try to give my account the max permission of my documents folder,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 08 09:42 AM
by gocat2005 Go to last post
13 321
Trying to delete Lexmark software... help by Jessica Paul
I just got a new computer with Windows Vista, and didn't realize my old printer software wouldn't be compatible with Vista. Well, I had downloaded the software, and tried to print, and then was told it won't print because it needs a Vista driver... not XP. So I am trying to uninstall the software, but it says I have something waiting to print. When I try to cancel the document, it says it's...
April 2nd 08 05:23 PM
by Jessica Paul Go to last post
0 194
HP 1510 reinstalls after almost every boot by Tom
Any idea why the HP install software runs after almost every reboot of Vista? The printer and the HP Solution Center are working fine.
April 2nd 08 05:27 PM
by Tom Go to last post
0 203
Vista and HP LaserJet printer. by PVR
I use a HP LaserJet 1012 printer with two WinXP/2 PCs on a wireless network. I also have a Vista laptop but Vista and the HP 1012 are not compatible. Are there any signs that HP or MS will address this compatibility problem any time soon? Is there a workaround? Peter.
April 2nd 08 10:06 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
8 333
caoon 4200 printer for default by marian
When I added a new printer that is an all in one, it grabs the photos that I want printed in my canon photo printer, How do I make the canon the default printer. It works in pictures but not in my picasa program. Hope you can help. Thanks
April 2nd 08 11:02 PM
by marian Go to last post
0 190
Printing from Vista with a DOS application by pmishins
I recently purchased a Vista computer to replace an XP one that has a DOS based application. The DOS based application works fine on XP. It prints successfully to a USB printer attached via a "net use lpt1: \\computer\printersharename. I have been able to get Vista to print out from a DOS command window by typing "echo aaa PRN". That works fine, but the DOS based application, runs ok,...
April 3rd 08 01:48 AM
by Davide Guolo Go to last post
1 230
Question about Printers in AD by Bruce Sanderson
2. That depends on what the objective is. If the objective is to have drivers for different platforms (e.g. x64, x86, Itanium) then definitely the Alternate Drivers (from the Properties, Sharing tab) is the way to do that. However, if the objective is to provide drivers with different NAMES (e.g. PCL5e vs PCL6 vs PS), the Alternate Drivers feature won't do it. All the drivers installed...
April 3rd 08 03:30 AM
by buddy Go to last post
6 250
Vista print issue with Creatfile() by Vinod
I have issues with Createfile() in Vista. In my code, I am trying to open a printer share(\\vista_ip_addr\print_share) with Creatfile() and OPEN_EXISTING as one of the parameter. Eventhough the share exists, CreateFile always fails saying file not found. It is working fine if I use OPEN_ALWAYS instead of OPEN_EXISTING. Interestingly, the same code works in other OS (printing remotely using ...
April 3rd 08 10:24 AM
by Vinod Go to last post
0 204
OpenPage Print Server Stopped working by Lynndale
I have a file consisting of multiple pages. Each page containes a combination of text and graphics. The program I am using is Canon Photo Record. When I try to print even one page, I get the the Windows message "OpenPage Print Sever has stopped working" The printer is an HP Laserjet 1012. I have had no other prointing problems.
April 3rd 08 05:13 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 212
HP printer - Duplex printing bug head to toe HP Office Jet 7310 by Alistair Doran [1009382][_2_]
Despite installing several HP drivers updates HP still have not fix their bug when printing in duplex. Every time I try to print a document in "side to side" format it prints it in head to toe format and even with trying many different configurations there still seems to be no way around it apart from manual. This bug/issue has been around for over 18 months now really is about time someone...
April 3rd 08 05:19 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 195
Cannot print Internet sites in I.E.7 in Vista ( Safari Windows pri by Dixon H Harris, MCSE[_2_]
I.E 7 always gets a scripting error whenever I attempt to printer HTML or Internet based information in my printer. Local Printing OK Other browsers OK ( I also use Mac Safari for Windows). How to I correct this in I.E.7? (I have capturesd JPEG screen images of the I.E. 7 error and the scriptng
April 4th 08 12:15 AM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 211
Free Internet Fax by [email protected]
div style=text-align: center;h1span style=font-weight: bold;Free Fax Service / Free Internet Fax / Free Online Fax Service/span/h1brbra href=http:// www.efax.has.itimg style=border: 0px solid ; width: 720px; height: 300px; alt=free fax src=http://www.mb01.com/getimage.asp? m=55&o=662&i=7110.dat/ abrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrGet a  bigfree...
April 4th 08 12:26 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 169
Unable to uninstall a Lexmark printer by jcf
I am unable to uninstall a Lexmark printer. When I go to programs/uninstall program, and click on the printer it states that the printer is busy printing and to try again when it is finished. Ofcourse, this printer is not printing since it is in a box on the floor. This has been an ongoing issue for three days. Any suggestions on what to do would be helpful. Thanks
April 4th 08 02:13 PM
by jcf Go to last post

From The