Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Print Spooler hangs and doesn't print by eodhandyman
I have a new HP laptop, 2.0 MHz Centrino duo, 2GB RAM, Windows Vista & new HP Photosmart C7280 printer (on home network). My problem: can't print in wireless mode. The printer is installed correctly and setup for wireless correctly. Whenever I try to print a document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.), the print job remains in "printing" status for days. I have tried to...
October 21st 07 01:25 AM
by hnortman Go to last post
1 2
Lost Good Lexmark Scan software to Inferior Vista Scan by John
I really liked my Lexmark All-In-One software when I had Win/ME. It had OCR, you could clean up scans and make adjustments easily, as well as call for some very high resolutions. And it did it all in a minimal step method. Lexmark still has the software, but it isn't available for Vista. Instead, they only provide a "minimal" driver because Vista is now doing the scans with Windows Fax...
October 21st 07 12:46 AM
by cake Go to last post
1 172
canon f50 by joebeach
Hi, I have a canon multifunction F50. It simply doesnt work w/ Vista. I cant install the existing drivers. Does anyone have a similar problem or even better a solution? thanks. -- Joe
October 20th 07 04:28 AM
by gecko[_2_] Go to last post
2 293
Fax from Home Premium? by Bob Newman
I read in a magazine that there was program/utility that would give Vista Home Premium to fax functionality of Vista Business and Ultimate. Can anyone give me information on this? -- Thanks... Bob
October 19th 07 02:03 PM
by Andrew Rinaldi Go to last post
1 208
Print Spooler Service has stopped by Jason[_5_]
I know there are numerous threads about spooler errors but I could not find one that would fix my problem. Printer: Canon Pixma MP450. OS: Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Recently jumped from an AMD 754 to Intel 775 Quad core. Same OS, just reinstalled and formatted HD. No issues under 754 but having this problem along with others now. Done the following. - Downloaded Canon's 64 bit driver...
October 19th 07 02:20 AM
by Jason[_8_] Go to last post
6 340
My printer is printing the HyperText (HTML) version of a web page? by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista Printing,... ) " wrote in message ... My printer is printing the HyperText (HTML) version of a web page. How do I make it print the web page as it appears? Using Internet Explorer 7 and MS Vista Home Basic. Thanks for your time. Email Me:...
October 19th 07 01:46 AM
by Pacey E Go to last post
2 199
Minolta 1250w- unable to print? by jetliner
I have installed my old laser printer on my new system and am unable to get print output either recognized in queue or printed?? I have successfully re-installed my Canon IP90 on the same system-.... Given the Minolta is an older printer might there be compatibility problems? Minolta and it's successor Konica don't appear to have any new drivers ( not supporting the product anymore?)
October 18th 07 09:59 PM
by jetliner Go to last post
4 5
Pleeeeeaaaasee help. ma printer is not working by Shaimaa
I have Toshiba Laptop Satellite A135, coming with it windows Vita Basic. I bought Xerox printer "Phaser 3117". i installed the CD that came with it bt it didnt work. when i connect it it always says a New Hardware Found. i uninstalled the driver and downloaded and installed the driver for windows vista bt it is still not working. whenever i try to follow "New Hardware Found" and write the...
October 18th 07 09:38 PM
by Shaimaa Go to last post
0 168
Adding fax modem to printers list by MarciaBrady
My fax modem doesn't show up automatically in my list of printers when I go into the Print dialogue. How do I add it? I tried the normal "add printer" but I was mystified when I had to choose a port and then never saw any options for fax modems.
October 18th 07 07:00 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 191
Spooler sub system by Pat
This morning while trying to print a document I received the following message:"Spooler sub system app has stopped working"When I went to printers,there are none listed(I have 2)I have no idea where this application is located,I looked in config file but didnt see it.I assume that is why no printer is shown.I had updated new drivers for both printers and both were working Thurs.I did a...
October 18th 07 05:46 PM
by Pat Go to last post
3 202
hp 1315 printer by tampa91
Vista won't allow me to install hp 1315 printer. Error message says doesn't meet system requirements. Any suggestions? I am tired of Vista already.
October 18th 07 12:55 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
5 179
Vista cannot access cover pages on Server 2003 by mlai
Hello, I am reposting this with additional error messages: I have a vista ultimate machine on the network and the Vista Fax and Scan client can connect to the fax server running Windows Server 2003 SP2. However, when creating a new fax, Fax and Scan give an error of "Unable to retrieve cover pages associated with the selected account." and no selection of cover pages are available. The...
October 18th 07 09:35 AM
by Ken Zhao [MSFT] Go to last post
2 181
Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallelconnection)... by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway computer from April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing problem with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection). She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number F5U002v1). She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a problem? I don't think it is since it is just a cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 07 10:26 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
27 702
share photosmart 1115 on 98se with vista by Jeff Kish
My neighbors have a photosmart 1115 printer that they like. It is hooked up to a windows 98se computer. I can't seem to share the printers, or even have the computers see each other. I gave them the same workgroup name I can ping between them at the dos prompt. I turned on the windows 98se share files and printers. Neighter machine can see the other machine in the network neighborhood
October 17th 07 10:14 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 238
HP Deskjet F4140 all-in-one not working by very annoyed
i purchased an hp F4140 all-in-one, i installed the disk that came with it, i then downloaded the patch from HP for Vista, it told me that i was not the administrator of the computer so log out and back in then install it, but i'm the only administrator for this puter. so i contacted HP they told me "the disc must have been corrupted" so they sent me a new one, well it still won't work, nor...
October 17th 07 10:14 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 175
Is there a problem with Vista printing? by neophyte
I've heard that there might be some serious issues with printing to XP connected printers. Is that true? My own case, I have an wifi-connected XP Pro workstation connected with an HP G85 printer connected to it. The workstation uses a network cable to connect to the wireless router. I have been printing to it just fine through an XP laptop. Now, with the new Vista laptop, I can connect to...
October 17th 07 10:14 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 175
Scanner no longer works with vista by tat2trudy
Hi, My pc blew up the other day and i went out and got a new one with vista home premium 32 bit on it. most of the other things work fine at the moment. I am having severe problems with my Epson perfection 2480 photo scanner. All drivers are installed and up to date. However, when i come to use the thing my pc cant communicate with scanner. can anyone help and is there any form of patches...
October 17th 07 10:14 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
9 228
Will Vista fax? by Bob Newman
Dies Vista come with any type of program that will let me send/receive faxes from my computer? -- Thanks... Bob
October 17th 07 09:33 PM
by Bob Newman Go to last post
2 163
Working Flatbed Scanners by Glen[_3_]
Has anyone been successful in getting a flatbed scanner to work correctly with Vist Home Premium?? I have a Artec 1236USB, which is entirely powerd by USB. It has worked well with All versions of Windows up and through XP but it will nit install with Vista. If I have to get a new scanner, are there any that work with Vista?? If so please let me know the brand & Model No.. I apprecite any...
October 17th 07 07:52 PM
by WRM Go to last post
5 169
Vista mixed environment Terminal Services printing by Marc Medina
We host our software for about 100 of our clients on 2003 R2 servers. Most of them RDP in from XP machines, but in the last few weeks we have been getting a mix of XP and Vista machines from the same office. When this happens, we've been unable to get printing to work on both machines when they need to print to the same printer. The printer in question today is an HP 6210 (an All-In-One...
October 17th 07 05:08 PM
by Marc Medina Go to last post

From The