Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
printer offline won't ptint by Larry Peterson
my wireless 2700HG-B 2wire router is offline,wireless light is out. my printer is Brother MFC-845CW and won't print. it is also wireless. what is the problem? -- Larry Peterson
October 24th 09 04:42 PM
by Larry Peterson Go to last post
0 382
Windows Photo Gallery not printing in colour by Dean
Hi I have a very unusual problem. I have a home networked HP CM1017 MFP. Printing in either B&W or colour via MS Paint or HP Photosmart is all ok. However, when I try to print from Windows Photo Gallery or Windows Live Gallery, whilst the photos or pictures show in colour, I CAN NOT PRINT in color. I have tried to auto and manually change printing preferences, but this does not work. I have...
October 22nd 09 10:30 PM
by jbekn Go to last post
3 525
NOT ABLE TO PRINT COLOR PICTURES FROM WINDOWS GALLERY ON HP C4280 by KAISER
i'm having probles with windows gallery i'm not able to print color picture on to my hp c4280 i dont know what else to do i change the printing prefference and everything and i still dont get this dam thing to print out in color. when i scan the pictures and print them out form hp esssential they print out in color but if i want to retouch and send it from windows gallery it always sends it...
October 22nd 09 10:29 PM
by jbekn Go to last post
3 501
Can't print to shared printer by [email protected]
Hi, I can't print to a shared printer in Vista Home Basic. All PC's in the network are Vista, are set up correctly, have the same workgroup, have password protected sharing turned off, etc. I can see the printer on the network and can even double click on it, but when I try printing to it, it just doesn't print! Only printing from the host PC works, not from any network clients.
October 22nd 09 12:58 AM
by Jack [MVP-Networking] Go to last post
2 672
Using a script to set the default printer at start up after adding it by SlickRCBD
How do I set the default printer using a batch file? Due to problems with a win98se printer share that ONLY happens with Vista 64 HP, I need to reinstall the printer every time I reboot. With help in previous posts, I have the following technically two-line batch file so far: rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /n "hp812c" /c\\GATEWAY rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP812c"...
October 21st 09 03:07 PM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post
0 399
Win98 printer share is perpetually offline after rebooting Vista by SlickRCBD
For years, I've had an HP DeskJet 812C connected to the parallel port on my Win98SE computer. The printer is shared, and I've had no problems printing from Windows XP. Enter Windows Vista. I set up Vista to use client-side rendering by adding a local printer and having it point to the port for the printer. Everything works fine when I set it up, until I reboot the Vista computer. When that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 09 03:00 PM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post
10 829
Printing status or error codes? by [email protected]
Hi, When a print job gets an error in vista (i.e. a status of "Printing - Error"), is there any way to view the underlying condition or status or error code to get an idea of what specifically the problem is? Thanks.
October 21st 09 01:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 412
Printing status or error codes? by [email protected]
Hi, When a print job gets an error in vista (i.e. a status of "Printing - Error"), is there any way to view the underlying condition or status or error code to get an idea of what specifically the problem is? Thanks.
October 21st 09 01:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 444
Can't print to shared printer by [email protected]
Hi, I can't print to a shared printer in Vista Home Basic. All PC's in the network are Vista, are set up correctly, have the same workgroup, have password protected sharing turned off, etc. I can see the printer on the network and can even double click on it, but when I try printing to it, it just doesn't print! Only printing from the host PC works, not from any network clients.
October 21st 09 01:19 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 510
Not printing in Word 2007 by galaxy911
My new Vista64 prints everything EXCEPT in WORD 2007. Just keeps spooling to printer HP Color LaserJet 1550. HELP! -- galaxy911
October 20th 09 10:18 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
4 546
Ricoh MPC2550 RPCS by Ramona[_3_]
I would like to print color images but when I click on Print and select my Ricoh Color printer then click on properties the little box for me to select Black & white or colors does not show up. I have downloaded the Ricoh Aficio Driver MPC2550 RPCS vista x64 operating system. Can someone help? The box for me to select color is not showing up. Everything else is. -- Ramona
October 20th 09 04:38 PM
by Ramona[_3_] Go to last post
0 428
Windows Fax and Scan by grosales
Don't send but receives OK. I tried everything I know, which aint much... I always get:"Can not be send the media is write protected"Help please Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
October 19th 09 08:33 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
2 543
Windows Fax and Scan by grosales
Don't send but receives OK. I tried everything I know, which aint much... I always get:"Can not be send the media is write protected"Help please Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
October 19th 09 03:39 PM
by grosales Go to last post
0 399
Printing to a new HP CP125 networked printer by Tembo11[_2_]
I have a new HP CP1215 laser printer connected to a Vista home premium pc with printer sharing enabled and that prints apparently OK On a Vista home premium laptop also connected to the network I can print from Word (Office 2003) and _plain_text_email_ from Outlook (Office 2003) _but_not_HTML_email_. Both machines have IE 8 installed I have seen that this might be caused by a particular dll...
October 17th 09 03:15 PM
by Tembo11[_2_] Go to last post
0 459
Print jobs preceded by couple of lines of PCL commands by Michael Covington
Greetings, This may actually be a Linksys problem, but I hope there's a workaround in Vista. Linksys wireless print server; network of computers (mostly Vista 32, some XP, one Vista 64, one Linux) that print through it to an HP LaserJet 1200 printer using HP PCL 5 drivers. All print jobs are OK, but many of them (somewhat unpredictably) are
October 15th 09 09:39 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
6 472
Print jobs preceded by couple of lines of PCL commands by Chuck[_2_]
The PCL commands are coming from the HP printer driver. (Obviously) The leading data isn't making it to the print server, or it cannot pass it on to the printer. Some of the print servers use "unique" character sequences for control, and strip them from the data sent to the printer. Turns out that this is not an uncommon problem, as we've given up on the units for similar reasons. A...
October 15th 09 09:39 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
0 460
"there is not enough memory to complete" with shared printer by Trapulo
I'm trying to install a printer on Vista Ultimate RTM. The printer (a samsung SCX-4100) is shared by a windows 2003 server. When I try to install, I get the error: "windows cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete" I've tried to manually install the driver, or install the printer as local printer, and all is ok. But I need to connecto to the remote printer, and I...
October 15th 09 06:35 AM
by schoujill Go to last post
5 675
Vista Fax Settings - Unable to name a save location for received fax by SysOpNC
Using Vista Business sp2 Windows Fax and Scan service automatic and running Brother MFC-8220 multifunction Send and receive work OK I am unable to save a copy of the incoming faxes to my desktop. This function is usually available at: ToolsFax SettingsGeneralMore OptionsSave a copy to:
October 14th 09 09:26 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
2 477
13 x 19 paper by Tom from WI[_2_]
I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office stores. Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks. Tom
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 09 09:18 PM
by SysOpNC Go to last post
11 942
Vista Fax Settings - Unable to name a save location for received fax by SysOpNC
Using Vista Business sp2 Windows Fax and Scan service automatic and running Brother MFC-8220 multifunction Send and receive work OK I am unable to save a copy of the incoming faxes to my desktop. This function is usually available at: ToolsFax SettingsGeneralMore OptionsSave a copy to:
October 14th 09 09:12 PM
by SysOpNC Go to last post

From The