Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Scanner driver for HP Laserjet 3330 by ASMU72
Hi All,We have HP Laserjet 3330 MFP and it was previously working on Windows XP. Now we have migrated to Windows Vista and installed drivers for HP 3330. All printing functions are working properly but when try to scan thru HP Laserjet Scan Control Viewer system gives message 'Unable to Communicate with thr device the device is disconnected or powered off'. Anyon have solution to this problem?...
March 17th 10 09:41 AM
by ASMU72 Go to last post
0 384
Cannot connect Vista Fax and Scan to SBS Shared Fax by ASTENG88
I just recently purchased 2 HP computers for work and they both have Vista Business installed. The server we have is SBS 2003 RC1 and it has a shared fax which all of our XP Pro machines connect through without a problem. I cannot connect Vista Fax and Scan to the shared fax to send faxes but the XP machines work just fine. Any Ideas would be appreciated. -- _________ Andrew
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 27th 07 12:27 AM
by Guillermo Go to last post
22 595
Will Lexmark X73 work with Vista RC 1? by astro999
Trying to hook up my Lexmark X73 with the computer that has Windows Vista RC 1.Dell 3.2ghz, I got it to scan but it doesnt communicate with the printer.Thats what it says all the time.Problem comminicating with printer.Going to start over uninstall and re-install it,maybe it'll work. My other computer with the Brother MFC-3240c works fine. -- Thank you astro999
October 21st 06 03:39 PM
by astro999 Go to last post
0 837
Unable to scan and save a PDF by ASUfan2000
I just bought an HP Officejet Pro L7555 and my OS is Vista Home Professional. When I try to scan and save a PDF file, I keep getting a message that says "Destination Component has stopped working (A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available)". A PDF file is created, but when I open the file, a box...
September 7th 08 12:36 AM
by a4adf Go to last post
2 389
Xerox Print Notification Icon Doesn't Display Balloon Popup by atart
I installed the printer driver for a Xerox Phaser 6350 network printer. I can print to the printer with no problem, however there is a red "X" icon that appears in the system tray that lets me know the job printed. The icon used to show a balloon with information of the print job but it no longer does. Which setting in windows XP controls this? I have no problem with any other program that...
February 16th 07 09:07 PM
by atart Go to last post
0 180
HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem by atharsagri
Hi, I was using Win XP Prof. SP3 and the above printer. Everything was OK. After I shifted to Win Vista my printing problem started. While installing the printer in Vista, it detected automatically and installed with limited feature. When I wanted to print photos in wallet size on A6 card it is not printing and displaying paper size error. When I checked in the printer properties, it is...
September 7th 09 07:14 AM
by atharsagri Go to last post
0 231
HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem by atharsagri
Hi, I was using Win XP Prof. SP3 and the above printer. Everything was OK. After I shifted to Win Vista my printing problem started. While installing the printer in Vista, it detected automatically and installed with limited feature. When I wanted to print photos in wallet size on A6 card it is not printing and displaying paper size error. When I checked in the printer properties, it is...
September 7th 09 07:32 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 403
Save money On Ink Cartridges. 88723 by Athena[_3_]
We have a smal business but we go through tons of color ink and we were spending a bundle on ink cartridges, refillls, we tried it all. One of our clients has put together a resource site for printing supplies and services of all kinds. The information is unbiased and shows you just about everything out there. Whatever your print needs and demands are I would recommend checkingthis site out and...
March 5th 09 07:06 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 245
Need for Genius HR6x scanner driver for vista by Atiq
I have a Genius ColorPage-HR6X usb Scanner, but windows Vista can't install it with bundled driver CD. please help me. Thanks :)
April 21st 07 12:19 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Go to last post
1 199
Printer's status cannot be changed from offline by Atlanta Dojo
I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista Premium. I have repeatedly tried to install my old Lexmark printer, and the installation has been successful. However, I cannot print any documents because the status is always "offline" and resists any attempt I've made to change it to ready. The documents I send to the printer line up in the queue but nothing ever comes out. Only one...
March 22nd 07 04:08 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 266
How do you deploy your printers ? by Atreides
Hi All, We are currently adding printers based on group membership, via VB script.. objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection \\server\printer But we mostly have problems with users who travel and require printers at the local site to be installed. What is the best way to deploy printers to a med-large organization ? We have tried using Group Policy (with Print Management), which was a...
March 26th 09 04:29 AM
by Atreides Go to last post
3 247
Dell Printer (A 940) not working with my Toshiba Vista Laptop by Aubreybt
I installed the required Vista drive from the Dell website. The laptop actually shows it s the default printer in the controlpanel.When I try to print I get the message "Windows can not print due to a problem with the current printer setup"? What is going on here? -- The greatest man you ever saw was once a baby.
July 26th 07 06:26 PM
by DellCA[_2_] Go to last post
1 257
Installing HP Scanjet 6200c on Windows Vista Home Premium by Audio_Bean_12
Is there a work around for HP Precision Scan Pro for Vista Home Premium? The last update for the scanning program was for Windows XP. I have had the scanner for about 10 years and still works well. I can not get a new scanner at this time. Would it be better to hang on to my old computer? Ken
January 6th 08 04:05 AM
by Whyme Go to last post
4 274
Where is Vista Fax Console by AuthorizedUserPF
In XP I had fax console. Where is it in Vista. I have been all through the program files and don't see it. Does this self install with the installation of Vista, or must I add it from the installation DVD. There also seems to be something called windows fax and scan, but Ican't find that either. Please advise Phil
March 23rd 08 01:41 PM
by Bob F.[_5_] Go to last post
9 189
Printing to Adobe PDF in Windows Vista by AuxCox
I have Adobe Professional v7.0 on my pc. In Windows XP, to print a web page to a PDF file I would simply select Adobe PDF as the printer. In Windows Vista when I attempt to do the same thing it tells me that for security, it will print the page to a temporary folder. When I go to that temporary folder, there is no PDF document. How can I get Windows Vista to print the web page to the...
February 19th 07 06:56 PM
by Donald Mills Go to last post
5 297
Faxed images stretching?!? by aviva123
I'm having a problem with faxed images that I receive being stretched. I can't tell if the stretching is coming from the way the user is sending the fax, or if it's the way my computer is reading/viewing it. This is turning into a big issue because I use those faxed images in a display. Anyone know what's going on here????
February 12th 09 11:50 PM
by aviva123 Go to last post
2 217
Vista Business - extremely SLOW printing on network printer by axjul
This is what the Canon tech support suggests: "If you didn’t already try, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver so that you have the antivirus software and firewall off while installing." I guess the implication is that the printer should be installed while all antivirus and firewall software is disabled... so much for making things easy for the consumer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 08 02:12 PM
by Kokopelli Go to last post
12 331
Vista Business - extremely SLOW printing on network printer by axjul
Printing from my Vista Business laptop to Canon LBP5000 network printer in any application takes 130 seconds to start when the Windows firewall is ON. When I disable the firewall the same job prints instantly. I have the newest Canon driver and all the Windows updates are current. When I print the same job to the same network printer on my other laptop running Win XPSP2, also with the...
January 27th 08 04:15 PM
by axjul Go to last post
4 270
Print Server Properties by Aymee
I need to create a new form in the "Print Server Properties", but the create new form is grayed. I'm logged like Administrator. In the computer is installed the Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Some body can help me?, it is posible to do in all the Windows Vista versions? Thanks
April 25th 08 02:42 PM
by Patrick Squire Go to last post
1 222
Fax using calling card dialing rules by Azim
Hi, I have Windows Vista Business which comes with fax and scan, but I use a calling card to send faxes. I used to use the dialing rules in windows xp to send my faxes and it worked. Has anyone come across this issue of trying to send a fax from windows Vista business/ultimate using a calling card? Thanks
June 5th 08 08:34 AM
by LoneWolf Go to last post

From The