Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Print directory by zzsharpei
How can you print the directory using vista
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 09 03:14 AM
by RoadRunner@Not_Here.com Go to last post
10 570
Vista changes default printer by J
Sunday After installing SP1 when booting the computer if the attached printer is not powered-on, Vista stops sharing the printer, and changes the default printer This is annoying at best. Guidance please
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 3rd 09 04:47 PM
by J Go to last post
10 404
Too many names by ITNews
From the manifacture, the printer has a netbios name, a model number, its driver's name, its LPD queue name On the server, the administrator assigns a print queue name and an IP address. Please, what name is used for the server's print queue name and what's the purpose of it. On the other hand, why do we need the LPD queue name if we send the print job to printer's IP address?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 23rd 09 07:45 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 736
problem to install HP all in one C3180 by lap
I just got a dell studio laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I downloaded the drivers from the HP website to install an All in one printer C3180 but when I plug the USB socket in I get 2 pop-up boxes that say the PC found the drivers for the device but it encountered an error while attempting to install it, the first one with HP Photosmart C3100 Series (DOT4USB) and the following one with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 09 12:44 PM
by lap Go to last post
10 559
Windows Fax "Refreshing" by BobS[_4_]
A client is using Windows Vista Business, sp1 and has been using Windows Fax & Scan module. Recently (though they don't know just when) the fax module stopped working. When it is opened, a notice on the Status Bar says "refreshing" which would imply it is trying to refresh the list of what is in the inbox data set I would assume. It never gets past this. If you try to manually generate a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 09 06:18 PM
by BobS[_4_] Go to last post
10 360
Vista with HP laserjet 5 - Take Two by Haraldo
Hi, New here, new to PC, new to Vista. Similar to another question that didn't give details, I'm trying to print to my old HP LaserJet 5MP printer from a new HP laptop running Vista Home Prem 64. I've had long talks with HP, but they've thrown up their hands and basically told me that the printer is too old and they can't help. Yet, the printer is listed in Vista when I try to Add a Printer. In...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 09 06:01 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
10 409
Scanning problems with HP All-in-one by civ2ru
Sorry to post about this issue one more time... It still hasn't been resolved (after 10 back-and-forth e-mails with HP technical support), and I really need your help! First off, I run Windows Vista Home Premium (32). I've used my HP Photosmart C4280 printer for about 2 years, worked fine for the most part. Lately I started having problems, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 9th 09 10:49 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
10 843
Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print by Tom from WI[_2_]
I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 Home & Student. I am printing to a Brother HL-2070N using wifi. For some reason, I can't print from Excel. I can print from the Word and Powerpoint applications in the Office 2007 package, but not from Excel. It looks like it prints (i.e. a small window opens and it says it is printing) but nothing comes out of the printer. I have 2 other PCs...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 23rd 09 02:16 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
10 181
Using HP printer on vista 64 by Haitham1234
Hi, I added HP printer using open as admintrator command through the control panel and I can see the printer on MS word control center, however it does not print at all. I tried printing via pdf and still it does not print. It seems that vista 64 is not seeing the printer.. Any solution ..
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 22nd 09 08:34 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
10 673
No faxing ! What a surprise! by Catt
Once again Microsoft shoots itself in the foot it has dribbled on while we all watch the hourglass icon. It's so typical of you to change something and not add any value to what you already had. Instead you take it away for no apparent reason. I'll spend some money on a fax program that I can be sure of. I would have spent some more of my coin on you but you don't know how to market your...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 08 05:44 PM
by Black Baptist Go to last post
10 2,301
Problem installing Lexmark x4650 - error 0x000006be, Print Spooler, Add Printer by AndyW68
I have had problems for the best part of a week now trying to install a brand new Lexmark x4650 printer onto my 6 month old Compaq Laptop running with Vista basic. I have tried other printers (HP and Dell) and have had similar problems. The printer seems to install fine (both using the provided disc and after downloading the latest drivers from the Lexmark website). However once installed I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 28th 08 09:09 AM
by AndyW68 Go to last post
10 2,400
printer connected to wireless router does not print by ogorki500[_4_]
hi, i am trying to make a wireless connection from my sony vaio laptop, running vista business, to a printer (canon pixma ip4300) connected via usb to the print server of my wireless router (siemens gigaset SE551). i installed the printer as a 'local' printer on a tcp/ip address, as per the router manual - admittedly, the manual instructions were for winxp. the problem: the printer comes up...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 08 05:33 PM
by scullyroo Go to last post
10 144
UMAX Powerlook II Scanner in VISTA Ultimate ? by gecko[_3_]
I've tried until I am blue in the face. I can't get this scanner to scan using VISTA. It works okay in XP. I did get it to work once in Vista Ultimate, but after a crash I had to re-install Vista and now I can't get it to work. Several re-tries with different drivers and driver re-loads either produce no scanning at all or once or twice only partial scans of the source. So, I am frantically...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 08 09:58 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
10 446
HP & Microsoft won't give me my printer driver!! by RobB
My OEM version of Vista doesn't have the driver for my HP printer. HP says the driver should be in Vista, and won't give me the driver. Microsoft says they don't support OEM Vista, so I can't get the driver from them. How ridiculous is that? Can anyone recommend a solution for me? Thanks, Rob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 08 05:32 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
10 544
Very slow Epson printer? by BrianSue
::All phases of the printer operation run very slowly with all programs. It is a matter of Click and wait for probably over a minute and sometimes longer – not just a few seconds delay.:: :: :: ::If this is not the correct place to ask we hope you can link us to other possible help sites.:: :: :: ::Window Vista Home Premium SP1:: ::Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.40GHz:: ::4.00 RAM 32-bit Operating...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 08 05:27 PM
by HelpfulNick[_2_] Go to last post
10 747
Print Spooler by Zaxdad
HI All. My machine developed a new problem last night. We have 4 printers installed. None are showing up. The print spooler service keeps stopping. I manually restart it but it stops after a few seconds. I goggled it and tried all the suggestions I could find with no luck. I tried reinstalling print drivers with no success. I checked the dependencies and they are all running. Any input would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 08 05:10 PM
by JimFlagg Go to last post
10 560
Cannot print: Vista x64 / Minolta 2350EN / TCP Connection by tempgal
Hello -- I hate to add to the collection of problems already posted here but I have just about exhausted research resources and need help. Equipment is as follows: Desktop computer with XP Pro. The desktop is connected to a Westell 2200 via a hub. An older HP laptop computer with XP Home is also connected to the hub.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 16th 08 04:18 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
10 579
Some printer properties grayed out by Marcus
A strange things is happening: A Kyocera Mita MF printer is running attached to a Windows 2003 server. Due to the infamous slow-access bug in Vista (still not fixed in SP1) I had to tweak the workstations assuming the printer was local, changing the port to \\servername\printername. Now the problem - while one workstation can access all the printer features within its proprietary control...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 09 02:24 AM
by Heather8001[_5_] Go to last post
10 560
Windows can't open Add Printer (0x000000c1) by akreiling
I have Vista Home Premium running on my laptop. I have an HP C5280 All-in-One printer on a desktop Vista machine. When I go through the control panel to printers and select "add printer", I get this error message: Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000000c1) What is going on? Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 08 05:30 PM
by akreiling[_5_] Go to last post
10 1,161
Win98 printer share is perpetually offline after rebooting Vista by SlickRCBD
For years, I've had an HP DeskJet 812C connected to the parallel port on my Win98SE computer. The printer is shared, and I've had no problems printing from Windows XP. Enter Windows Vista. I set up Vista to use client-side rendering by adding a local printer and having it point to the port for the printer. Everything works fine when I set it up, until I reboot the Vista computer. When that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 09 03:00 PM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post

From The