Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Can no longer hear WFS dialling by Peter
This is only a minor irritation as WFS still works perfectly well. I wonder why my fax card's built-in speaker no longer emits any sound when I'm sending a fax - I used to be able to hear it dialling. I've tried Googling the issue and apart from a few people saying that they vaguely remember the issue and seeing a fix for it which they've long forgotten, I still haven't actually found a...
April 8th 08 05:58 PM
by Peter Go to last post
4 205
can no longer print from Vista Windows Mail by Mike Trent
I can no longer print from Vista Windows Mail. When I double click on an email message to bring it up in its own window and attemtp to print, the window freezes. I also cannot print from the review page. If I copy and past the contents to Word, I can print from Word. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike
October 24th 07 12:57 AM
by Mike Trent Go to last post
0 282
Can Not Add Network Printer by Edward
When I try to add a network printer from another Vista (build 5744) computer, I come across two errors. The first and foremost popular error is "Windows cannot to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Please close some programs and try again." This should not be a problem because both systems that I have tried to do this on have a gig of memory. This error...
October 19th 06 04:38 AM
by Edward Go to last post
3 703
Can not choose printer in page setup Photoshop using Vista ? by Jacko
I've had a new computer with Vista and I have an odd problem printing from Adobe Photoshop CS and Photoshop Elements. If I go to page set up the button to select a printer is not there. The same software on my XP machine is OK so I am guessing that this is a problem in Vista. Any advice would be very helpful, thanks.
September 29th 07 10:31 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 177
Can not delete printer by Bill
A friend has a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home. He has a printer that cannot be deleted. When I attempt to delete the printer I get an "accesss denied" error. The printer had five documents in the queue. I cannot cancel the documents either. He has two user accounts on the computer. I have tried to delete the printer from both accounts and get the same error with both. I enabled the...
June 23rd 08 05:42 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 372
Can not get printers to work with cscript prnmngr.vbs in Vista by NIZMOZ
I have tried the original ones that work on Windows XP Pro, and Vista doesn't like them.  Here are the errors we get in screen shots.  I have moved the files over from the en_US to the system32 folder. So this isn't the problem.  I tried it with and without " "Any help would be great! Thanks. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
April 4th 08 09:24 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 255
Can not install a HP Photosmart 7550 Printer by Steve Hall
I'm having trouble getting my new laptop with Windows Vista on to recognise my HP Photosmart 7550 printer. The printer works on an XP Desktop, but Vista is not recognising when the USB cable from the printer is being plugged in. I've tried other USB devises in the laptop and these are being automatically detected and installed, so I don't think it's a laptop hardware problem. Does anyone...
February 13th 08 11:49 PM
by Steve Hall Go to last post
2 249
Can not install Canon MP210 by jwskms
I just puchased a new Gateway computer and printer package. The Gateway is a FX7020 and the printer is a Canon MP210. The OS is Vista Home Premium. I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but the printer software never recognizes the printer and as a result does not complete the installation. I have rebooted as directed, but the problem persists.
March 11th 08 03:44 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 388
Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error by Drew
Hi A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the printer list. This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or administartor. 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error 0x000006e6'
April 19th 10 02:14 PM
by Drew Go to last post
0 431
Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error by Drew
Hi A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the printer list. This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or administartor. 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error 0x000006e6'
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 4th 10 08:12 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
12 1,055
Can Not Print files over 40 pages using duplex by Bob Hanlon
I have a Dell desktop running Vista Ultimate to which I have added a new HP7780 Officejet Printer. For some reason, I can not print a file over about 40 pages using 2 sided(duplex)printing. There are no errors. The spooler just stops thinking that it is complete. Have tried it on another HP printer with the same result. Printing single sided is fine. Printing from my HP notebook...
July 9th 07 06:52 PM
by Bob Hanlon Go to last post
0 192
Can not print to a printer connected to printserver by King Cole
I can not print to my HP 1012 Laserjet printer connected to a Hawkins printserver. I create a new port using the server IP address but the test page or document is not reaching the printer. I am configuring using the exact same settings that I am using on an XP machine that has been working for years. I am using MS Onecare. Could its firewall be blocking the output? Any help is appreciated....
October 28th 06 09:12 PM
by Z.K. Go to last post
2 549
Can not remove Printer. Error 0x000006ba by Dan
I recently upgraded to VISTA pro from XP pro and went to reinstall my printers, but I messed up somewhere and tried to delete the printers so I can start over. But everytime I try to do anything I get the error "Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006ba). The local print spooler service is not running." I went into services and made sure it was running (which it is), and...
April 3rd 07 05:40 AM
by Dmitry Ustinov Go to last post
3 243
Can only Print "As Admin" by Ray
Just recently purchased a Lexmark X3550 (which is Vista Certified ) ... At any rate, after installing the software (trying everything except installing it using compatibility mode) I can only print a test page by right clicking on the printer choosing "Run as administrator" and clicking properties. From here I can print a test page without any problems. However, if I simply right click the...
June 3rd 08 10:48 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 408
Can ping printer but can't print by sandals30
Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but thru searching I think I might get the help I need here. I have a Brother MFC-420CN that I had hooked up to our Fios wireless router for almost 2 yrs with no problems. We had to unhook everything for a while. When I went to set it back up tonight I tried to print to it from My Dell Desktop (Vista Home Basic) but it kept erroring out. I noticed that it said it...
October 11th 09 07:50 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
8 9
Can ping printer but can't print by sandals30
Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but thru searching I think I might get the help I need here. I have a Brother MFC-420CN that I had hooked up to our Fios wireless router for almost 2 yrs with no problems. We had to unhook everything for a while. When I went to set it back up tonight I tried to print to it from My Dell Desktop (Vista Home Basic) but it kept erroring out. I noticed that it said it...
September 21st 09 03:26 AM
by sandals30 Go to last post
0 2
Can print documents, but not photos? Help please. by dcoaster
I have Vista Home Premium and a HP 2610 all-in-one printer. Just recently, I noticed it will not print photos from any program (Windows Explorer, Photo Gallery, Paint Shop Pro, etc), yet it will print documents from Word or Firefox. For example, if I'm in Explorer and double click a picture file and click print, I select the printer and click "print" yet the printer doesn't do anything. I do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 26th 08 11:29 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
24 882
can print, but only one copy? by brettsmum
Hi Have a new PC with Vista Home Premium. Have installed my HP1200 Laserjet, and it prints, but if I ask the print window to print more than one copy, or odd pages only, or any other command for that matter, it just prints out the one copy. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks Chris
November 1st 07 03:10 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 284
Can someone recommend? by Tony Hays
Can someone recommend? A program like the program Music match to use on the computer To play all your music and when you Burn it to a CD It will print out you
January 1st 09 02:55 AM
by NormCameron Go to last post
1 323
Can the XP Fax Wiz be run on a Vista PC? by Nigel Molesworth
Just a thought, can the XP Fax Wiz be run on a Vista PC? -- Nigel M
July 2nd 07 10:42 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post

From The