Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
I have an HP PSC 2110 All in one printer that does not work in Vista. Help? by Choice Jumper
When I go to print one page it spits out 3-4 empty pages. It does this everytime I want to print something. As of now, the printer is useless. Even though Vista installs it fine and all the options are there. Is there a way to get this working? Thanks.
February 9th 07 10:43 AM
by ATKline Go to last post
4 610
HP 7310 All-In-One on network by rzande1
I have an hp 7310 installed on the network rather than on usb so I can use it with another labtop. Well microsoft installs it perfectly.....as a printer. The problem is that I cannot get it to recognize it as a scanner. I am sure it would work if I plugged it in as a usb but I am not going to do that. Any ideas on how to get my scanner back?
February 8th 07 07:10 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 355
when i set as print more thanone copy only prints one by bob 9876
pavilion a1730n vitsa 64 bit hp laser p2015 vista u .was unitil now print ing more thanone copy of one doc. now will only print one.when set to print more.there is paper in tray .thanks
February 9th 07 10:35 AM
by bob 9876 Go to last post
0 417
Vista Prints Mirror images to HP 3840 Any way to fix driver? by jsau
My Vista PC is the only PC on my home network that has this issue, I double checked "Print Preferences" and they are all good. Is there a chance that HP has an updated vista driver for my printer, on their site?
February 10th 07 09:48 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
2 356
Sharing Printer by Martin Racette
Hi, I set the printer in Vista(x64) to be shared, and when I go my laptop which is using XP Pro, I can see the printer on the desktop computer, but I get a message that I do not have the proper driver installed on the laptop. On that same computer I can plug the printer and it works, since I have already installed the drivers. I tried to add the x86 setting in the sharing option on the...
February 12th 07 09:02 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 228
Vista knows my printer is there but will not print by StevieB
I hooked up my laserjet 2100 printer through a usb/parallel converter cable. Vista found it, loaded the driver, and every thing seemed ok. But everything backs up in the print queu. When I try to restart, nothing happens. Even the test page says it has been sent, but stays in the queu. And yes the printer is on-line. Any ideas?
February 11th 07 11:50 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 4
Wireless printing problems by JKS
I just purchased a new laptop with vista.... My wireless printer will not work. It worked with my previous laptops. I have contacted HP (the printer and laptop manuf.) I have also contacted Linksys. I am being told it is some type of firewall issue. I have turned off everything I can find, Fispher, popups, firewall.... anyone have a suggestion? My apple laptop will still print to the...
February 11th 07 11:57 PM
by JKS Go to last post
4 182
HP C3180 on Vista by Bill Davis
All the drivers except the USB Mass Storage one load fine. That one errors out and says that it cannot start the device. I have literally tried everything with HP tech support, but it seems like I just need a new/functional USBSTOR.SYS driver for Vista. Mine is showing as being updated in June 06... so where the heck do I find one?
February 11th 07 11:03 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 299
HP Vista Drivers - Missing ! by jel183\(UK\)
Having messed about for a number of days trying to get Vista to access my HP PSC 1317 on my home network I seem to have somehow 'lost ' the native HP Vista drivers - when I plug the PSC directly into the PC, VISTA it can no longer find the drivers- it did it OK before when I started out! No HP drivers are available when I manually select a driver from the installation list. Can I extract...
February 12th 07 06:51 PM
by Newbee Know Nothing Go to last post
2 255
Scanning multiple page documents to one file. by Tim
I am trying to scan multiple pages to the one file as per the instructions by ticking the "Preview or scan images as separate files". I am doing it as a TIF format. BUT the "Preview or scan images as separate files" button is greyed out? I am using a Lexmark X8350 Quote from the instruction below. "If a page that you're scanning contains more than one picture, you can save
February 8th 07 07:53 AM
by Tim Go to last post
0 439
intalling HP printer by sunshine
I bought HP Photosmart c3140, could'nt install with disk. went to HP website and intalled from -driver for Microsoft windows Vista 64-bit and it installed and working. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the...
February 8th 07 01:03 AM
by sunshine Go to last post
0 367
hp psc 1315 all in one problems by rado7rado
When i try to install printer software on windows vista(rtm edition) i become this error mesage(see picture).Please help me. Thanks in advance6182 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Clip.jpg | |Download:...
February 7th 07 03:49 AM
by Lori Go to last post
7 708
Winfax Pro & Vista by Trevor
Does anyone know where I can l;ocate a patch to make Winfax Pro Ver 10.03 work with Vista Enterprise? Symantec say they no longer support the product. OR Is there some other fax program that works just as well as Winfax did under XP? Thanks
February 7th 07 05:35 PM
by G Go to last post
4 602
cannot set up fax account by delta_J
I've attempted to set up a new fax account from the Windows Fax and Scanner menu in (legitimately paid for) 32-bit Vista Ultimate. After I click on "Connect to a fax modem" and enter some random name for my modem, I get the error: Account wizard error. An error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator. Since mine's the only administrator account on the...
February 9th 07 07:59 PM
by RichMc Go to last post
6 601
Printer Error in Windows Vista by James R
After I have upgraded from Windows XP Home SP2 to Vista Home Premium on the weekend, I encountered a error. Whenever I load the computer, a error occurs stating 'Spooler SubSystem App Error' followed by searching for a solution then asking me to close it. It happens around 3 times during startup then usually doesn't show itself again until I log back on again. I have also noticed that I...
February 7th 07 04:41 AM
by James R Go to last post
2 602
HP inkjet 7450 by ICE Skript
Cannt print anything with my HP inkjet 7450, on HP they say that vista know it and i dont need any driver and dont need any files to download! but it doesnt work! Word said that i need to install the driver. What to do if there is no drivers for vista for my HP inkjet 7450
February 7th 07 03:46 PM
by Mary Go to last post
1 502
compatible fax programs for vista home premium by trndispr
Since home premium does not have the fax program in it..just wondering if there is one out there that will work with 32 and 64 bit...changing to 64 bit soon as the dvd gets here
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 07 11:21 PM
by Gerry Cornell Go to last post
12 569
Vista Printing - unable to add printer due to run32dll error by Tim Fallon
I have a spanking new Dell box with Vista preloaded. Went to Add Printer, selected Network Printer and received the following error: Windows host processing (Rundll32) has stopped This happens every single time - therefore I have NO printers installed. To anticipate the next question - the only other application I have loaded on this system is Quicken 2006 Basic, which I have a hard time...
February 9th 07 07:54 PM
by RichMc Go to last post
3 387
HP Laserjet 4240 by Peter Cook
I'm running Vista Beta 2 and I cannot install an HP Laserjet 4240. I get a generic error that says I cannot install the printer. I get this with every utility I use. Any suggestions?
February 10th 07 08:11 AM
by Gerry Cornell Go to last post
1 418
New HP Photosmart C4180 wont work by ratchit
Bought new printer 2 weeks ago.. Loaded up the vista upgrader advisor.. it said everything was compatible to upgrade to vistas, including new printer. Now i have upgraded to vistas and guess what my new printer is not compatible.. can some one please explain this too me.. thanks
February 12th 07 01:13 AM
by BobC Go to last post

From The