Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista & XP mixed Term Serv printing by Marc Medina
We host our software for about 100 of our clients on 2003 R2 servers. Most of them RDP in from XP machines, but in the last few weeks we have been getting a mix of XP and Vista machines from the same office. When this happens, we've been unable to get printing to work on both machines when they need to print to the same printer. The printer in question today is an HP 6210 (an All-In-One...
October 17th 07 04:25 PM
by Marc Medina Go to last post
0 178
Vista & XP terminal printing to same printer by Marc Medina
We host our software for about 100 of our clients on 2003 R2 servers. Most of them RDP in from XP machines, but in the last few weeks we have been getting a mix of XP and Vista machines from the same office. When this happens, we've been unable to get printing to work on both machines when they need to print to the same printer. The printer in question today is an HP 6210 (an All-In-One...
October 17th 07 04:09 PM
by Marc Medina Go to last post
0 175
Does anyone have problems printing tiffs?? by nurock1
When I try to print a tiff it prints blank???
October 17th 07 03:11 PM
by nurock1 Go to last post
2 162
Netwrok Printing by Randy Lai
I have got a new notebook with Vista Home Basic OS. Though the sever printers functions are normal with some applications, i.e MS office, my AutoCad 2004 program cannot find the printers. Appreciate it very much if somebody can help to solve the problem. The server is running on Windows 2000 Server. Server Printers are HP Laserjet 1300 and EPSON Stylus Color 3000 respectively
October 17th 07 07:31 AM
by Randy Lai Go to last post
0 161
I cant add the fax server that is shared on my network. any advice by fromtheofficeonthehill
I have windows Vista Business. Our server has SBS 2003. the fax driver is shared, but when we try to "add a fax account; connect to fax server on my network" it says the mentioned fax server is not available. The name and path to the fax are correct. any suggestions or advice? thank you
October 16th 07 08:54 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 220
I sent a fax and it seems to be pending in the Outbox folder. by chetan
Ok i am having this problem with Fax, i wnt to help file and got this. but i see that the LOCAL FAX DEVICE is configured. I check the fax printer Status, it is ON. I am able to send fax using SNAPPY FAX software, but able to use Windows Fax, Some one pplease help me. Cause: No local fax device is configured to send faxes. Solution: Enable a local fax device to send faxes, or connect to a...
October 16th 07 08:51 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 170
Too Many Choices by James
Hello, I want to buy a new "All in One" printer that must have the following features: 1. Individual tanks for black and each of the three primary colors. 2. The ability to print the information normally hand scribed/written on personal checks (Date, Pay to the Order of, Number Amount, Word Amount, and information on the For line) on one individual check, 2 3/4" High by 5 1/2"
October 15th 07 11:43 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 218
Fatloss computer program by Angel vasquez
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com
October 15th 07 11:31 PM
by Angel vasquez Go to last post
0 162
windows vista network printer setup error by Rob
I have a home network with windows xp on most of the machines. I use a linksys network configuration with an HP932C printer setup with a linksys printserver. It works fine for all my XP machines. I recently purchased 2 vista machines and when I try to setup the network printer I get the following error message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (error...
October 15th 07 10:01 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 174
network printer setup with VISTA by Rob
I have a home network with xp and an HP 932c printer with a dedicated print server. All works well with the XP machines. When I added a VISTA machine I get an error message when trying to connect. Any help would be appreciated -- Rob
October 15th 07 09:54 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 201
Print Jobs Take Forever (Vista to Vista, on a Domain, 2 Network Printers) by [email protected]
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with a recent addition to my network. One of the three PC's in a location (all running Vista Business) has two USB printers attached to it, which are shared with permissions to everyone. When the other two machines send print jobs to these devices, it's hit or miss. Sometimes they will print, other times they will take hours
October 15th 07 08:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 141
Brother MFC-8500 Driver by SteveC
I got an email from Brother that they now had a Vista driver for this printer. I installed it but it would print blanks. I reinstalled but used the USB driver (for some reason, it insists on this although it connects through parallel driver. Now it works just fine. However, now WLOC 2.0 alerts me after every print job that there is a problem and the print queue needs to be cleared. I tell it...
October 15th 07 05:51 PM
by SteveC Go to last post
0 161
Error Printing html files by JamieE
Has anyone run into this situation? I am running Vista Business. I can print all document types except HTML files. The message i receive is this: Cannot find 'file:///c:/temp/Low/JSJ8KD35.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct. my temp environment variable is set to c:\temp -- Thanks,
October 15th 07 04:14 PM
by JamieE Go to last post
2 156
Vista -- Completed print jobs wait in queue 2 minutes before clear by dougco
I've set up a new Vista system (home premium) and am having an issue with printing through an IP-based printserver (using lpr queues) that does not occur under Windows XP. Print jobs start printing immediately but upon completion, stay sitting in the print spooler queue on vista for about 2 minutes before clearing. In XP they clear immediately upon completion of printing. This prevents a...
October 15th 07 01:40 PM
by bobhampel Go to last post
1 145
Network & Shared Printing Problems by compTMan
I have two printers, one is connected to the standard printer port on my router and the other is connected directly to a Win98 computer. I could print to both from my main HP Pavilion computer that was runing Win XP. I have now upgraded the HP computer to Vista Premium Home Edition and cannot print to either. I'll first discuss the printer connected to the router. As previously stated it...
October 15th 07 01:29 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 140
printer issues by NC_Rainbow
I am on Windows Vista operating system and I have a Lexmark 4200 series all in one fax printer. I have my connections hooked up right to my knowledge, but I keep getting a communication error when trying to print documents of any kind. Please someone help me.
October 15th 07 05:26 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 230
Vista on HP ends up inqueue. by Judy LaRock
I have Vista and have already been printing on my HP 4200 series printer. All of a sudden it just started going to queue and I can't retrieve them. When ever I try to copy something it just goes their.
October 15th 07 01:08 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 130
Shard Fax on Small Business Server by tony_72000
Has anyone successfully connected the Windows Vista Fax & Scan to the ShardFax on a Small Business Server? The driver installs fine (from AD), the fax account seems to set up correctly (by using \\servername) but when you try to send a fax it says there was an error and the status says 'All fax accounts are inaccessible'. When you look at the fax account, its fax server status shows as...
October 14th 07 08:58 PM
by tony_72000 Go to last post
4 167
Windows Visata fax Error: Cannot find Document Folder by Wajeeh Bajwa
When I try to send fax by printing to Fax in Windows Vista Ultimate I get an error message that "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your document folder. Please ensure that Windows can access that folder". Any idea or suggestion? BTW: I can access documents folder from Icon from the desktop of from Windows Explorer. Yours, Wajeeh Bajwa
October 14th 07 04:11 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 188
HP Desktop for sale! by pbdude
Hi, I have an unused HP Pavilion with the fallowing specs: # Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.1GHz, 2000MT/s System Bus) # Memory: 2048MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x1GB) (expandable to 8 GB (4 x 2 GB) (64-bit OS)/ 4 GB (4 x 1 GB) (32-bit OS)) # Hard Drive:320GB 7200RPM SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) hard drive # Optical Drive: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive # Expandable...
October 14th 07 08:06 AM
by pbdude Go to last post

From The