Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Printing blank pages Windows Vista + HP LaserJet 4 Plus by Jasia Abush
My HP LaserJet 4 Plus prints a blank page AHEAD of the printed pages. It does so only on the first printing job after turning the printer on. Afterwards it continues printing without problem.
October 14th 07 04:33 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 241
pc and printer not communicating by Grumpy66
I'm using windows basic home edition vista with McAfee and trying to get my Lexmark Z640 to communicate with the pc. (32 bit system) After many failed attempts I have finally managed to successfully install driver for printer from Lexmark website but still recieve error message "printer unable to communicate with computer" when I try to print a document. I have changed usb cables and checked...
October 14th 07 04:19 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 274
Watch NFL Games Online by Dexter H.
Watch NFL Games Online! For every one who wants to watch the games online because they dont live in the teams town or are at work i found a site that has basically every game covered. Its perfect if you have afford a monthly $70 direct tv nfl access subscription. they got a bunch of channels The sites http://nflonline.wizhoo.com
October 14th 07 01:59 AM
by Dexter H. Go to last post
0 202
Printer Removal in Vista? Help by novice
I tried to print something in Vista but it wouldn't print. Now it shows a pending print job that won't cancel or delete. I've tried to cancel all jobs, delete the job, delete the entire printer. Nothing works. Any advice. It's Vista Home Ultimate. -- novice
October 13th 07 04:22 AM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
3 245
psc 1210 all in one printer - Label Problem by Bill
I am trying to print labels and I am getting smudged ink and lines through the names and addresses. I just installed a new print cartridge (black) and I am still having the same problem.
October 12th 07 09:28 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 261
Using XP printer driver, not Vista's by Merak
Hi everyone. I'm having serious issues with my not-so-new HP DeskJet 5550 printer (USB interface) in Vista Ultimate. HP itself does not provide device-specific drivers for my printer on Vista, so I am using the one that ships with Vista. However there are many problems: most of the advanced functions do not work, including maintenance commands like head cleanup/alignment; even the LEDs on...
October 12th 07 09:28 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 240
Printer Setup Trouble by JohnB
I am having trouble setting up my printer on my Vista machine. The HP DeskJet 5550 is connected through a WPS54G prtin server and a WRT54G router. It works fine through my two XP machines. I've tried running the setup wizard as well as setting it up manually. Can someone please help? Thanks! John
October 12th 07 04:22 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 241
Spooler SubSytem App has stopped working (windows vista) by Jason
I have tried just about everything that i know to fix this problem. Yet I still cannot print to my network printer. I had been able to previously. Here are the problem details: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: spoolsv.exe Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549b734 Fault Module Name: StackHash_b96e Fault Module...
October 12th 07 12:16 PM
by Westperson Go to last post
6 279
Epson Printer Drivers for Vista by DarrylW
I have an Epson tm-t88ii receipt printer that I'd like to use with my Vista Home Basic OS. Epson does not suport Vista with a driver for this printer. I have the drivers for Windows 2000, but cannot get Vista to recognize it when trying to set up the printer. Is there a way to make this work?
October 11th 07 09:20 PM
by DarrylW Go to last post
4 265
HP 6110 MFOD and JAVA by tootsy
I had to re-install the 6110 after a system hang and found that I only had the "View and Print" icons in the HP DIRECTOR. Nothing for scanning or copying. (I can print) The only thing that I had added to the system before the hangup was JAVA so I uninstalled JAVA and un- installed/re-installed the 6110. Guess whut? It installed everything just fine and all functions now show up in the HP...
October 11th 07 07:52 PM
by tootsy Go to last post
0 246
Vista and Printer (HP6110xi) by ms624
Computer came with Windows December 2007 with a free Vista Upgrade when it was to come out. Downloaded Drivers for my HP6110xi All-In-One (Costco) and it worked fine. Got the Vista in June...still fine. Got the newest version of Java 7/2/07. Could still print but could not deposit checks via scan to my bank. Tried to fix problem via my banks CS....could not. Used my LT to deposit/scan checks...
October 11th 07 07:42 PM
by tootsy Go to last post
3 343
"Scale to fit" print option never works by Shaun
I have tried it on several printers, previously on XP and now on Vista Ultimate and it never works. What I expect it to do is resize an image so that it fits on the page. What it does is nothing. I doesn't resize the image at all, as far as I can see, let alone fitting it onto the page. Am I not using this feature correctly, or is it a bug in Windows that MS never seem to get around to...
October 11th 07 05:54 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 357
Printer problem by Sub-amateur hackerJoe[_2_]
Had no prior problems, Lexmark X4270 printer stopped in middle of small print out - after ejecting one page. Got notice: "AIOC has stopped working" and it offered to search net for a fix. Then it vanished. Checked troubleshooting section in Lexmark help , but indicated printer was "ready". Vista will do almost anything but the laundry, but in doesn't seem to understand when I try to...
October 11th 07 05:52 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 226
Epson Print Drivers by Woody Kamena
I have a epson 1270 widecarriage printer that I have recently hooked up to a new Vista Ultimate box. The 1270 drives is "in the box" from Microsoft but changed from the old 2000/xp driver. They have also made the paper sizing (critical on a wide format printer) a nightmare and the print preview function has disappeared (wtf?)! I can load the old driver (2000/xp) and it prints, but the...
October 11th 07 05:49 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 218
lexmark x1150 by Dwayne Catalina
i still must learn how to use on my vista. i have a windows vista computer
October 11th 07 05:46 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 247
printer status error message by Cindy
I am new to Vista (and computers in general). My printer has an error message in the status field. Is there a simple way I can fix this without deleting the printer? It's an Oki Microline 320 Turbo printer.
October 11th 07 05:45 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 202
Installing the printer by AnnB.
I have Windows Vista and I was trying to install my current printer. Its an HP Officejet 4315 all in one. Everytime I try to install it; it gets halfway and then it comes up with an error message telling me that I cannot use the 'run as' to install this program. I knew that the Windows Vista has a new download that you have to use in order to install the printer, but I can't find it...
October 11th 07 05:44 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 217
wep keys by creeklady
where do i find linksys security wep key?????,for my printer needs it please help i have a hp-all-in-one and it was asking for this security wep key the one i thought it was is wrong thank you very much
October 11th 07 05:42 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 231
Vista laptop not printing to XP printer by Trumiester
Okay guys, Im not a beginner or a novice either but Im stuck. I have my desktop with a dell printer installed. The machine is running XP. File sharing is enabled and I have no problems accessing my shared files. My laptop is running vista and everytime I try to print to it I get the message problem communicating with the printer. Lexmark states I cant share the printer. Any ideas Thanks --...
October 10th 07 10:41 PM
by Dwayne Catalina Go to last post
4 274
my lexmark 1200 series printer and scanner does not work! by FPST11_305
I have a laptop (Toshiba Satellite A130/A135 Series) that came with a Lexmark 1200 series all-in-one. I installed the printer but whenever i try to print something it would say "An error has occured in the script on this page". Under that it says: Line: 1829 Char:1 Error:Unspecified error. After that is finally says "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No." Nothing...
October 10th 07 09:10 PM
by FPST11_305 Go to last post

From The