Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I have no Spool Service on Services list... by Cokol
....and cannot install my printers. What can I do? It a freshly installed vista ultimate.
April 14th 08 07:10 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 277
Vista Printer Drivers by Cecil A. Fountain Sr
I need Vista drivers for an HP Deskjet 6122 Printer, also one for a HP deskjet 6540 Printer
April 14th 08 07:31 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 393
Vista no driver for Epson RX620 by Dante
Epson website says to install driver for RX620 with Windows Vista, just plug in the USB cable, turn on unit and a driver will automatically be installed. Boy would that be nice. Windows Update says no driver found for the RX620. What is weird it works fine when connected to my home network, and used with as the shared (same RX620) printer on my XP machine. It just won't work when connected...
April 15th 08 03:14 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
9 263
Found Solution to having Canon Printers be compatible with Microsoft's Remote Desktop by BARBLS[_6_]
Since more and more people are working at home, I had assumed that someone would know how to get a home printer to print documents from their work computers on their home printer when the printer driver was incompatible with the Remote Desktop. But alas I have gotten no answer. I finally found the answer at the following Web site: 'Using Your Local Printers While Using A Remote Desktop...
April 15th 08 03:20 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
3 359
HP Color Laser Jet stopped working by Deb.
I bought a Dell Dimension E521 and an HP Color Laser Jet that were working fine for a year. The printer was OK this morning, but then wouldn't print. The low black cartridge was replaced (didn't solve the problem). I've de-installed the printer and attempted several times to re-install it using both the disc that came with the printer and downloaded software from the HP website. During...
April 15th 08 01:31 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
2 266
spoolerwin32s by Farbuncle
April 15th 08 11:54 PM
by Farbuncle Go to last post
0 206
Lexmark 8350 Vista print problem on a network by bjr
I have a senior friend with a Lexmark 8350 AIO (Vista drivers available)installed via USB on a XP home laptop. The XP laptop sees the internet via an ethernet connection to a Belkin wireless router. The XP Lexmark XP Driver software was installed and the printer worked fine. He shared the printer in XP. He hs another laptop loaded with Vista Home Premium that he has connected wirelessly via...
April 16th 08 05:36 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 243
HP Officejet J5780 All in One by Joy
computer will not accept installation, even with the disk. Any help available is appreciated.
April 16th 08 07:58 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
1 255
HP L7650 All-in-one stops working unexpectedly under Vista by Don G
I have several computers on a wireless network along with a Linksys print server for the L7650 printer. Until April 11 - the system worked great - never a problem. After April 11 (following an update for Vista) the printer gets removed from the printer list at random - I can print a document; the next document doesn't print and the printer is no longer available. To fix teh problem, I have...
April 17th 08 03:18 AM
by Don G Go to last post
2 349
Fax fatal errors - Window Vista Bus SP1 and before SP1 until I reb by Smiling88Jack
I cannot understand why I am seldom able to send a fax from Windows Vista Business (both before and after SP1) until I reboot, no matter how short a time I have been using other applications. The fax software refuses to get a dial tone and so indicates fast retries followed by the message "Fatal Error." Then, I check the device manager-modem and find all ok. I check FAX settings and see...
April 17th 08 03:37 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
6 215
HP Printer gets "lost" - Help? by SLorenson
I have read with interest many threads on the subject and it is obvious there is a problem with the HP Printer Drivers (for the ALl-in-Ones) and Microsoft Vista. My problem is very similar but I dont think it is the same. I chose not to post to the end of the thread here (since it has been inactive for 2 months and besides an error occured when I tried to reply on it - I would link to it...
April 17th 08 05:27 PM
by Tim Stone Go to last post
2 292
Installation Problems by Zygy
I used the HP Scanjet 5530 for some years.Then after some Microsoft Automatic Updates for OS Vista Business (I cannot be certain that it was so) it started misbehaving. I purchased a new HP Scanjet G3010, but I am having problems installing it. Has anyone experienced such problems and if so how did you overcome it?
April 17th 08 06:47 PM
by William Anderson Go to last post
1 229
printing problems by ingel
I have a problem with printing in windows photo gallery (vista). Every time when I try to print a picture or text in windows photogallery the picture (which is in portrait) is reshaped - and at the same time distorted - in landscape format. What can I do about it? Thanks,
April 17th 08 07:42 PM
by ingel Go to last post
0 200
Weird Printer Problem by EricG
I have a remote printer installed with a wireless router. I install the printer on a wireless notebook PC using Vista’s wizard, and initially everything works properly. However, if I turn off the PC, or reboot it, or sometimes only if just a few days elapses the PC will no longer be able to get the printer to print. If I have the spooler enabled, the pages appear to be sent to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 08 09:25 PM
by EricG Go to last post
18 469
Paper Size Issue on Shared Epson 915 Printer by Sterry
I have an Epson 915 printer installed on my Vista SP1 PC, print on this machine is fine. I have another PC using XP professional installed the shared printer on the Vista PC. If I try to print use any other paper size except A4 on the XP PC,The printer will ignore my paper size settings and force set the paper size to A4,this cause if i insert a 4*6in paper for photo, the printer will output...
April 18th 08 03:53 AM
by Sterry Go to last post
0 233
How can I view previous Sent Faxes in Fax and Scan? by chunnel
I have Vista Ult. I have thousands of faxes in my Sent Folder that are up to 7 years old, many from XP. Since I have re-installed Vista, I have been unable to get Fax and Scan to view these previous faxes under the Sent Items folder. The new faxes are saving in the same folder as the ones from XP and my previous Vista install. I cannot view any old faxes in the Sent Items folder, I have...
April 18th 08 11:47 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
4 218
Fax software by bechahn
I have Vista Home Premium and I received a Dell Personal All-In-One Printer A940. I can't get the printer to fax anything. I would only use the fax machine once in a while and I would prefer to have a free faxing software. Could anybody help me? -- Becky
April 19th 08 12:30 AM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 247
After printing several documents, the print queue hangs, print st by FredJ
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have an HP 6540 printer. After printing several documents the print queue Breaks. I look at the printer, the busy light is flashing as if it is printing, but nothing comes out. The print queue has from 2 to 5 jobs waiting. The only way out of this is to 1:turn off the printer. 2:restart the system. 3:when the system comes back up check the print...
April 19th 08 09:33 PM
by Feldspar[_2_] Go to last post
3 212
spoolerwin32 by Farbuncle
I get a lot these error messages (warnings) in my event log. My printer seems to work OK. The ID is 4. They occur even when my printer is off. Any thoughts or suggestions? Sorry for the double post. Hit the wrong button.
April 19th 08 11:43 PM
by Farbuncle Go to last post
4 302
What Files Are Part Of Windows Fax & Scan? by fatigued
I have Vista Ultimate & am trying to repair Windows Fax & Scan. When I launch it it no longer loads & no error messages are given. The componts of the program that I've found so far a WFS.exe MSFAX folder with various subfolders MSSCAN folder with various subfolders Are there other files that are necessary for this program to work? Is it possible that the registry is corrupt?
April 20th 08 01:02 AM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post

From The