Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
HP PSC 2210 by KarlO
Anyone has suggestion for how to fix the problem in which footer information doesn't show on the printed document even though it shows in Print Preview. It doesn't matter which browser (IE or Firefox) I use.
October 10th 07 03:40 PM
by KarlO Go to last post
0 186
HP Officejet 7xxx series by anonymous
I recently purchased a couple different HP Officjet Pro L7780s and L7680s (on separate occasions). I am running Vista Ultimate (factory installed by Dell) on a Dell Latitude D820. After installing the all-in-ones, I was able to print, copy, and fax without any problems. However, I was not able to use the scan function at all. I spent countless hours on the phone with HP tech support--to...
October 10th 07 02:38 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 288
Printer Disappears under Vista by DJT[_2_]
I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers connected - a HP 5160 which has limited usablity thanks to the basic driver from HP - no cartridge cleaning or ink level. I also have a HP PSC 6100 connected. This printer often disappears when it is turned on. I get the message 'New hardware found -installing drivers' The current printer disappears from 'Control Panel- Printers'
October 9th 07 07:47 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 212
Print to file by Kevin J
I am unable to print to file with Vista home. There is no file printer icon such as doccument image writer in the printer folder
October 8th 07 09:34 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 196
psc 1210 all in one printer by Bill
I just purchased a new HP PC with Vista and I am using my existing pc. The problem I just ran into is when my printer ran out of paper and I loaded it up the software kept saying the paper tray was empty. I ended up restarting my pc to get it to see the paper in the tray. Does anyone have any idea what happened? I never had this problem when I was using XP. Oh, by the way, it wouldn't...
October 8th 07 08:51 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
5 265
Trying to print web page info with IE7 & Vista Ultx64 by GrrOucH
Hello. Everytime I try to print anything from any web page with Vista Ultimate x64 I get an error about not being able to find some file then it script errors out and pops another blank page. Any ideas?
October 8th 07 07:17 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 158
Printing Problem with Epson Stylus Color 660 by CameronW1973
Hi I am using Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition and my Epson Stylus Color 660 which is compatible with Vista prints the 1st page of a document and then just starts churning out blank pages, I then have to delete the print job. After I delete the print job and then try printing again, it just starts printing blank pages again. This happens with word documents, emails and web pages. I...
October 8th 07 07:17 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 167
Print "Contacts"? by StarPD
How can I print all of the entries in my "Contacts" folder at one time? When I try to select them all, it won't work. Somehow, my wife lost all of her contacts in her XP Media Center computer (with Outlook Express), but I have them in my Vista Premium laptop (with Windows Live Mail. If she had a printed list from my computer, it would be a lot easier for her to rebuild her list in her...
October 8th 07 05:48 PM
by StarPD Go to last post
2 153
calander by Jbird
How do I view and print my monthly calander so it will show my entire worded appt. that was typed in for each day instead of just the beginning of each appt. and "........"?
October 8th 07 05:11 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 163
Lexmark 3350 by gknicks
Hello I was wondering if anyone has had luck installing the Lexmark 3350 in Vista? I have tried thier website and have installed the recommended drivers and it has not worked. I have searched through the post and have found no information. -- Thanks Glen
October 8th 07 03:19 PM
by cathewells Go to last post
2 187
Will there ever be drivers for HP10XX printers by Brian Hoyt
We have close to a dozen HP 1000, 1012 and 1022 printers which are useless with Vista. According to HP - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00808536#N104E6 the drivers have been coming soon since Vista's relase. Does anyone have better information. The worst part about it I think is that HP continues to sell the 1018, 1020 and 1022 today with full...
October 8th 07 10:26 AM
by Ken Zhao [MSFT] Go to last post
5 182
"Access Denied" installing printer driver by PJJP
I am trying to install the vista driver for Canon MF5770 network printer. No matter ow I try it, I always get "Access Denied". I have tried with UAC on/off, run as adinistrator, chosen USB for the port as well as network ip address. I have tried the setup.exe that came with the driver and form the add printer wizard. All with the same 'Access Denied' result. This driver installed fine on...
October 8th 07 03:45 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 246
Colors are printing inacuratly by Abby
When I try to print the color Red it prints on my HP Deskjet 840C as Pink. How do I fix this? And yes, I just put in a brand new cartridge. Probably threw out a brand new cartridge replacing it.
October 8th 07 12:28 AM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
4 224
Spooler failure by aldon
I have a Dell computer with Vista and a HP printer laser jet 1020. They both have been working perfectly since Feb 2007. But, now I can't print anything and I keep getting the message "Spooler Subsystem App was closed. Data Execution Prevention has closed the Spooler Subsystem App." I followed all the instructions and tried everything, but nothing works. I restart the spooler and before I...
October 6th 07 08:49 PM
by aldon Go to last post
2 178
Lexmark C510 will only print B/W and not in color under Vista by Ray
After upgrading to Vista from XP. The printer which is attached to the network via the Lexmark external print server device, will only print black and white, even though the color radio button is selected on the setup tap. Other XP computers on network are still able to print color. I have tried installing PS print driver, and still the same results. Help!
October 6th 07 12:15 AM
by Ray Go to last post
2 180
Images in PDFs and PPT not printing out by Jimbo
Hello, help pls. Certain images on PDFs docs and PPT slides (e.g. basic shapes) will not print when I'm printing from my Vista Business machine. If I email the exact same documents to my XP machine it prints just fine (to the same wireless printer). The PPT versions are identical. Go figure? Can anyone help, this is a Pain? Thanks! -- Jim
October 5th 07 10:08 PM
by Jimbo Go to last post
0 140
Vista loses my printers by Broyle
I have 2 computers running Vista and have the same problem on both. Sometimes when I start up Vista can't find my installed printers. If I go to control panel and click on printers I get nothing. When this happens I have to restart windows sometimes numerous times before I get the printers.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 07 09:04 PM
by Doug Kauppila Go to last post
19 502
I want to print more than one copie but the printer refused by Kees Trommel
I have an Laserjet 4000N with the Vista driver installed. When I want to print I can't print 2 copies of more. I want to print more than 1 copie but the printer print always 1 copie. I have Vista Home Premium. I tried Acrobat 8 Prof and Acrobat Reader 8.1 both Dutch. When I print from Framemaker or InDesign I can print more than one.
October 5th 07 03:39 PM
by Brian W Go to last post
1 155
Any way to fax without a modem by Brian Clegg
just a quick question my new Dell 9200 does not have a built in pci modem. i connect via a router to the internet vista ultimate has abuilt in fax program,but it seems it needs a modem and a ordinary telephone line Is there any other way to set up to fax without a pci modem card?
October 5th 07 08:32 AM
by alexa1973 Go to last post
3 495
Offline Printers by moclark
Hi, my name is Mikail Clark, and I just installed my new Dell 720 printer on my laptop. The laptop is recognizing the printer as being in the "ready" status, yet it remains offline. What can I do to resolve this problem?
October 5th 07 04:38 AM
by moclark Go to last post

From The