Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Epson Stylus CX6400 Printing Preferences by James
Does anyone know if there will be an update to the Printing Preferences for the Epson Stylus CX6400? I bought my CX6400 about three years ago and was completely happy with it until I bought a new computer this spring with Windows Vista Home Premium, and lost the ability to do several things within the Printing Preferences, namely: 1. Changing the Quality Option. I have to go into the...
October 5th 07 03:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 141
Can't set up fax in Vista Ultimate by Bonnie B. Dyson
When trying to set up the fax in Windows Ultimate I get to the Connect to modem then next and I get "An error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact administrator". Everything is connected and my modem has always worked flawlessly. Anybody know anything I can try? Bon
October 4th 07 11:27 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 232
Networked HP printers on 2003 server to Vista client questions? by Brian Hoyt
I have a couple of problems / questions dealing primarily with HP LaserJet 42X0 and 43X0 shared from a 2003 server to Vista clients. First, it appears the current driver available on HP has a problem with it. If you attempt to open print properties it errors out with a 0xc0000005 error. The built in Vista drivers don't have this issue but that brings up problem 2. I have a mixture of XP...
October 4th 07 06:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 168
spool service unattended crash by Savezzu
Very often the spool subsystem crashed without reason. The detail is Prodotto Applicazione sottosistema spooler Problema Ha smesso di funzionare Data
October 4th 07 06:45 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 171
Deleted Printer but icon still there & printer wont auto install & wont print by tim
Hello, I deleted the printer but the icon in the control panel/printers wont go away,and when i try to print,it says the pritner has been deleted. But it looks like because the deleted printer icon is still in the control panel/printers,the printer does not auto install at all,whether i switch it off,unplug it from the pc etc thanks
October 4th 07 06:33 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 2
faxing by Art man
I have a new computer with Vista home basic. I need fax.How do I get to fax in Vista home basic?
October 3rd 07 11:19 PM
by yyj Go to last post
2 277
HP DeskJet 1000c by Mookie22
I am unable to find an acceptable driver for my HP DeskJet 1000c. Does anyone know where I can find one that will work with Vista. I tried the HP website, but they don't support this printer anymore.
October 3rd 07 10:59 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 163
Printer spool service is not working by miken
After successfully installing and using HP 2575 and HP 1020 printers for two months, the complete printing software on my Dell Laptop (using Vista Home Premium) totally collapsed (perhaps co-incidentally) when attempting to print a pdf email. Messages state that 'the printer spool service is not running' and 'Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed' . Have seen several Community...
October 3rd 07 10:57 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 160
Printing of Tiff always comes out as landscape in Vista by mlai
This completely baffles me. My fax servers (SBS2003 and WS2003) receives faxes in TIF formats and now when I tried to view and print them in Vista (Window Fax and Scan, and Windows Photo Gallery (preview)) they always comes out stretched in landscape not matter how I set my printer to portrait or landscape. The only way that I can get the TIF formats to print in portrait (correctly) is...
October 3rd 07 09:12 PM
by Shannon Go to last post
8 181
Faxes never sent by ForeverNoob
Hi All, I'm trying to send fax message using Windows Fax and Scan application, but they just sit in the Outbox and never sent. My fax machine is a Lexmark X6170 USB all-in-one printer. Any ideas? TIA --
October 3rd 07 09:11 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
2 139
Network Printers Don't Install Correctly by Kenny
Trying to installing printers via VBS scripts into Vista. They show up in printers and faxes. However the advanced tab is grayed out, also the drivers aren't always installed. Using Server 2003 with point and print disabled. UAC has been turned off.
October 3rd 07 08:39 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
0 161
documents stuck in printer que by Seth
When I have a document that I am printing and for some reason it doesn't print I try to eliminate it from the que and it just sits there trying to delete but without success. I have tried disconnecting the usb cable from both printer and computer, Unplugging the power. Dancing on one foot and giving various hand gesters.
October 3rd 07 05:02 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 182
Wirelss Printing = PML Driver/Host Process for Windows Stopped by fhertlein
x64 Ultimate and a Linksys router. HP 7410xi Multifunction Printer works fine if I use the USB cable and no error messages. If I print over the wireless setup, the pages print, but I will receive this error every single time. Another system with Vista x86 Business works perfectly over the wireless network, with full functionality.
October 3rd 07 04:57 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 179
shared printers by Bob
Sorry if I'm in Vista forum. I'm XP. I have a wireless home network with XP. I told my printers to be shared. I go to one of my PCs and try to add a printer, it sees it, but wants an .inf file locally from that PC. If I've never attached that printer to that PC it doesn't have any of that printer's drivers & files, etc. Why don't I have a choice of getting the files off the internet? ...
October 3rd 07 03:58 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 149
HP Officejet L7580 USB install fails by [email protected]
System: Vista Home Premium, Pavillon a1720n. The only USB devices I have connected are a Maxtor 3100 personal storage hard drive and a Motorola Surfboard cable modem, both of which work fine. According to the Device Manager, I currently have two USB Mass Storage Devices and an 'Unknown Device', all appearing under USB Storage Controllers and a WPD Filesystem Volume Driver that cannot start...
October 2nd 07 09:48 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 146
Laserjet 4000N by Kees Trommel[_2_]
I have an Laserjet 4000N with the Vista driver installed. When I want to print I can't print 2 copies of more. I want to print more than 1 copie but the printer print always 1 copie. I have Vista Home Premium. I tried Acrobat 8 Prof and Acrobat Reader 8.1 both Dutch. When I print from Framemaker or InDesign I can print more than one.
October 2nd 07 09:47 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 173
Problem obtaining access to a network printer by Ade.
I have a desktop pc (XP Pro SP2) with 2 printers attached. 1 samsung ml-4500 and 1 lexmark X6150. For a couple of years i've had two other pc's on my network which, once i've connected to the printers it prompted me to download the drivers, to the network pc's, thusallowing me to print from all. I have recently purchased a new laptop with Vista home premium. once i found the printers on the...
October 2nd 07 09:47 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 271
How do I set up my network printer? by Sam Korson
Hi. I'm using Vista Home Premium x64 version and trying to set up my network printer. It is a Canon Bubble Jet BJC-4100. It is connected to another compy on my network. I tried setting it up on LTP1 like it was on the upstairs one and networked port for Canon port and Generic card. I tried setting it up as a network printer, but then it asks me for a driver that doesn't seem to exist. ...
October 2nd 07 09:45 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 158
Connecting to a network printer with Vista by veekay
Using a new PC with Vista, I have added a printer locally, then added it again as a network printer to bypass the UAC restrictions. This seemed to install correctly but unfortunately the printer still will not print. It is connected to a PC running Windows 2000, file and print sharing are enabled. The printer appears in the network connections folder. Is there some feature that is still...
October 2nd 07 09:38 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 141
Drivers for lexmark z25,z35 by xtrememedic
Bought new lap top has vista on it (do not like) want to install the above printer any help. Did go to lexmark web site no help.
October 2nd 07 09:37 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The