Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
AIOC Error with Lexmark P4350/Vista HP x64 by Chicago Gator
Installed my Lexmark P4350 All-in-on on a Gateway DX4820 with Vista Home Premium x64 using the x64 driver from lexmark. Can print from programs and can also scan IF I don't open the Imaging Center - just open the Lexmark Photo Imaging program. If I attempt to open the Imaging Center, I get the "AIOC.exe has stopped working" error, and the program shuts down. I've noticed that the program gives...
October 13th 09 07:47 PM
by Chicago Gator Go to last post
0 434
AIOC Error with Lexmark P4350/Vista HP x64 by Chicago Gator
Installed my Lexmark P4350 All-in-on on a Gateway DX4820 with Vista Home Premium x64 using the x64 driver from lexmark. Can print from programs and can also scan IF I don't open the Imaging Center - just open the Lexmark Photo Imaging program. If I attempt to open the Imaging Center, I get the "AIOC.exe has stopped working" error, and the program shuts down. I've noticed that the program gives...
October 13th 09 07:47 PM
by Chicago Gator Go to last post
0 435
print spooler service not running by Thomas M. McDonald
I am trying to add printer and it doesn't matter if it is local or network. When I click add printer I get an error box that says Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine. At first I thought maybe the profile was bad but I am getting this message on all of the logins on this machine. I am running RC2....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 13th 09 10:33 AM
by yaooi Go to last post
11 2,662
Brother MFC 420CN printer not printing by z4mp1
Please help! Said printer will not print wirelessly from my laptop. It prints just fine from my wife's PC that is hard wired directly to the router that the printer is hard wired to (CAT5). I have tried uninstalling the driver from the laptop & re-installing it, that didn't work. If I go into the printer properties and try to "Print Test Page" & if I open the active printers window, it tells me...
October 12th 09 07:55 PM
by z4mp1 Go to last post
6 583
Cannot print multiple copies by JC54
Under WinVista I cannot print multiple copies. I've tried this in Word, Acrobat Reader, WordPad, Notepad, and my two HP printers (1200 and 930c). Can anybody help, or this is one of the (many, unpleasant) surprises that Vista had in stock for us? Thanks John C
October 12th 09 01:27 AM
by wiklendt[_3_] Go to last post
7 515
Optimal PrinterSettings Within Vista? by DaveGF
I am using Vista SP1 with an Epson RX595 printer. I am an architectural photographer, and was truly stunned by the quality of the prints I was seeing until I recently did a clean install of Vista. Using the exact same photograph, same paper, with the same settings in the Epson printer software.....apples to apples........there is now a noticeable difference in the print quality. Coarser, and...
October 11th 09 05:57 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 534
Optimal PrinterSettings Within Vista? by DaveGF
I am using Vista SP1 with an Epson RX595 printer. I am an architectural photographer, and was truly stunned by the quality of the prints I was seeing until I recently did a clean install of Vista. Using the exact same photograph, same paper, with the same settings in the Epson printer software.....apples to apples........there is now a noticeable difference in the print quality. Coarser, and...
October 11th 09 01:09 PM
by DaveGF Go to last post
0 319
Photoshop Elements 7 & HP B8550 printer by Tom from WI[_2_]
I can't get PE 7 to use the photo tray on the B8550 printer. No matter what I tell it about the paper size, (the photo tray has 4X6 paper in it) it insists on getting the paper from the main tray. Even when I tell it to use the Photo Tray, it still uses the Main Tray. My old MS Digital Image Suite software finds the 4X6 paper tray without any problems, but I can't find a way to get PE 7 to...
October 11th 09 07:57 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
3 486
Can ping printer but can't print by sandals30
Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but thru searching I think I might get the help I need here. I have a Brother MFC-420CN that I had hooked up to our Fios wireless router for almost 2 yrs with no problems. We had to unhook everything for a while. When I went to set it back up tonight I tried to print to it from My Dell Desktop (Vista Home Basic) but it kept erroring out. I noticed that it said it...
October 11th 09 07:50 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
8 9
Win98 printer share is perpetually offline after rebooting Vista by SlickRCBD
For years, I've had an HP DeskJet 812C connected to the parallel port on my Win98SE computer. The printer is shared, and I've had no problems printing from Windows XP. Enter Windows Vista. I set up Vista to use client-side rendering by adding a local printer and having it point to the port for the printer. Everything works fine when I set it up, until I reboot the Vista computer. When that...
October 10th 09 07:02 PM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post
0 270
vista brother mfl pro suite install terminates with error 0x800407 by kvancamp
Downloaded Brother Vista All-in-one installation and driver package for mfc-7840w machine. Performed install as network printer, installation program located printer and then terminated the install with the above error and the following "Description:Failed to find DLL function KERNEL.GetModuleHandle". Brother troubleshooting says it is a Vista registry problem. Could anyone help with this?
October 10th 09 04:46 PM
by Kyron Go to last post
6 523
Duplex printing bug head to toe - HP printer by Saving
Hi, I have an HP Officejet 6110 which is using the Vista built in driver (there is no driver from HP). I have the duplex unit attached but Vista refuses to allow me to print duplex in Portrait with the pages back to back. Instead it insists on printing "Flip up pages" i.e. the pages are head to toe so you read the first page and flip it lengthwise instead of widthwise. There is a setting...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 10th 09 03:27 PM
by swede99123 Go to last post
184 10,395
Adding network printer using wizard by Lushington
I'm probably missing something very obvious, but ... I have an HP Laserjet connected to an XP Pro sp3 box. It is shared and usable by other XP boxes over the network. I have a Vista 64 Home Premium sp2 box that is connected to the network. File sharing works OK between XP and Vista boxes. I want to print to the laser from the Vista box, so I go to Printers Add a Printer Add a network,...
October 9th 09 05:48 AM
by Eric Shune Go to last post
2 438
Adding network printer using wizard by Lushington
I'm probably missing something very obvious, but ... I have an HP Laserjet connected to an XP Pro sp3 box. It is shared and usable by other XP boxes over the network. I have a Vista 64 Home Premium sp2 box that is connected to the network. File sharing works OK between XP and Vista boxes. I want to print to the laser from the Vista box, so I go to Printers Add a Printer Add a network,...
October 8th 09 10:33 PM
by Lushington Go to last post
0 274
ACCESS/EXCEL see no printers by steveyoder
My ACCESS 2007 and EXCEL 2007 see no printers at all, although all my other Office 2007 apps see all of them fine. Message says "You must install a printer before you print." I can preview reports, but not print nor get into page setup. I also have Access 2003 and 97 and both of them have the same problem. I have tried re-installing the Office apps, to no avail. I have tried setting other...
October 8th 09 07:08 PM
by steveyoder Go to last post
0 236
ACCESS/EXCEL see no printers by steveyoder
My ACCESS 2007 and EXCEL 2007 see no printers at all, although all my other Office 2007 apps see all of them fine. Message says "You must install a printer before you print." I can preview reports, but not print nor get into page setup. I also have Access 2003 and 97 and both of them have the same problem. I have tried re-installing the Office apps, to no avail. I have tried setting other...
October 8th 09 07:08 PM
by steveyoder Go to last post
0 343
Problems connecting to Shared HP Deskjet 932C Printer by mapanggulo
Need some possible insight into finding a solution for a printer problem. I'm trying to connect to a printer shared over a home network. Here's some of the specifics (will provide more if needed/asked for). Printer HP Deskjet 932C that is physically hooked to a generic home built computer running Windows XP. There are two laptops that I am currently trying to connect so that
October 8th 09 07:00 PM
by DigitalMediaManiac Go to last post
3 481
Brother MFC 420CN printer not printing by z4mp1
Please help! Said printer will not print wirelessly from my laptop. It prints just fine from my wife's PC that is hard wired directly to the router that the printer is hard wired to (CAT5). I have tried uninstalling the driver from the laptop & re-installing it, that didn't work. If I go into the printer properties and try to "Print Test Page" & if I open the active printers window, it tells me...
October 8th 09 05:35 AM
by z4mp1 Go to last post
0 239
vista brother mfl pro suite install terminates with error 0x800407 by kvancamp
Downloaded Brother Vista All-in-one installation and driver package for mfc-7840w machine. Performed install as network printer, installation program located printer and then terminated the install with the above error and the following "Description:Failed to find DLL function KERNEL.GetModuleHandle". Brother troubleshooting says it is a Vista registry problem. Could anyone help with this?
October 7th 09 01:36 AM
by kvancamp Go to last post
0 349
Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit Print Server supporting Vista 64 bit by DB
I apologize if this question has been asked before but what is the trick to support Vista 64 bit print drivers and queues from a "legacy" Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit print server? Is there a “how-to” document from Microsoft? I need to be able to allow 64bit Vista users to just double click a printer on 2003 (32bit) and have the queue and driver seamless create/download just like we do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 09 05:50 PM
by Hank Taylor Go to last post

From The