Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
can you purchase windows fax and scan without having to get ultima by Adrian
I have windows home premium. I need to be able to fax. It is not worth pying $159 to upgrade to ultimate because i do not need the other items. does any one know of options?
July 2nd 08 07:08 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 396
Can you share printer from Windows XP computer to a Vista Home pre by Catmom7
I have two computers that run Windows Xp , Just recently we purchased one with Vista home premium. I tried to have the Vista as the main computer but was not able to share the printer (Lexmark 3350) with the other two computers .. I've switched it back so now the other two Windows Xp computers are able to share the printer. I have not been able to get the one with Vista to recognize the...
September 27th 07 02:02 AM
by Malke Go to last post
3 292
Can'r Print by Garry
I'm using a HP Deskjet 5550 printer, but nothing prints. I've checked that it was installed properly. Vista came on the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC that we recently purchased, and ever since we bought it, we've had this problem printing. I'm not particularly computer savvy, but everything seems to be alright. When we hooked up the printer the first time to the USB port, our printer was...
July 17th 08 04:36 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 5
Can't add a network printer by Annegy4859
I am running vista home premium and get am error message when trying to add a network printer. It says I don't have enough memory. I have 2 gig of some kind of ram. Please help. Thank you. -- Annegy4859
July 31st 08 02:38 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 298
Can't add, delete, or configure ports?!! by Bob Forgrave[_2_]
Before Vista, I had a happily configured set of two printers printing correctly on a wireless Belkin print server via separate PC ports. Now, I have a sadly configured set of two printers hanging off the same PC port...and no way to add, delete, or configure ports. I just get a Vista error message that it can't be done. While I wait the 48 hours for a callback from a Level 3 Belkin...
January 23rd 08 06:09 PM
by Bob Forgrave[_2_] Go to last post
0 198
Can't cancel color print by [email protected]
Help! I've got an HP 6110 officject running Vista Home Premium. I am not able to print in draft mode or black and white or grayscale. I set the printer properties but it still prints in color. Thanks for you help. Steve
November 5th 07 01:11 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 2
Can't cancel Print Job by Stormingerman
Simple question: In XP, previous computer (Inspiron) ...When I push 'Print', printer icon appeared in taskbar and disappeared when job was done. If I wanted to cance a print job, click on icon...then 'Cancel'. New computer (Latitude) with Vista, dwongraded to XP, the printer icon does not appear in taskbar. How do I cancel the print job? The printer icon HAS to be somewhere?
June 23rd 09 10:09 PM
by Stormingerman Go to last post
0 312
can't change Vista fax settings by Carol
I have Vista Ultimate and am set up as Administrator. The Windows Fax & Scan settings for General and Security are literally - all - greyed out. I can't select a modem, specify send/receive options or change anything else. The only two changes I made prior to this problem we (1) check the Exceptions box for Windows Fax & Scan in the Windows Firewall (2) under the Security tab, to allow...
July 18th 08 10:57 PM
by Carol Go to last post
5 336
Can't choose default printer by Daydream
Hi, I can no longer choose a default printer, so while I can print from some programs (email programs), others say that I need to install a printer (Adobe Reader, Paint Shop Pro X2, etc.). I have an Epson Stylus Photo R220 installed. And it does print and prior to the computer getting "fixed", I did have the green checkmark on it as a default. I saw a post with someone having a similar problem...
November 13th 09 09:08 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 453
Can't choose default printer by Daydream
Hi, I can no longer choose a default printer, so while I can print from some programs (email programs), others say that I need to install a printer (Adobe Reader, Paint Shop Pro X2, etc.). I have an Epson Stylus Photo R220 installed. And it does print and prior to the computer getting "fixed", I did have the green checkmark on it as a default. I saw a post with someone having a similar problem...
November 12th 09 01:50 PM
by Daydream Go to last post
0 292
Can't configure tcp/ip printer port-Error loading the Tcp Mib Libr by khuggart
I installed Vista RC1 and a network printer via print server. When Vista installed it saved all of my applications/docs to a folder called windows.old. I subsequently had to reinstall all of my software applications to run under Windows Vista. Since I've reinstalled everything I realized my IP address keeps changing on my printer and takes my installed printer offline. I corrected the IP...
November 16th 06 08:51 PM
by khuggart Go to last post
2 1,079
Can't connect HP Deskjet printer to USB Port by jj mac
I have a HP Deskjet 690C printer which I was using connected to a USB port on my last computer (XPPro operating system) with a USB to Parallel Port adapter cable. My new Computer has Vista home premium operating system and intel core 2 duo processor E6300. I already have a HP PhotoSmart D7160 printer installed on one USB port but I would like to install the Deskjet 690C on one of the other...
August 18th 07 08:54 PM
by jj mac Go to last post
0 182
Can't connect to HP PSC2400 printer by rafman
Hello, New to this site and hoping that someone can help me out here. I have a PSC2400 All-In-One printer that is connected to my desktop computer running Windows XP SP2 (via USB cable). On the desktop, the printer is shared as the network printer; I have another desktop computer that is also running Windows XP SP2 and both computers can print just fine. On my notebook, I can see all the devices...
April 28th 08 07:50 PM
by Larry[_7_] Go to last post
3 216
Can't Connect to Lexmark printer on home network by Kcpirana
Hi, I have a Lexmar 7170 printer. It's attached to the family computer running Windows XP Home. Other printers in the network can connect and print without a problem. However, I can't get my Vista Home Premium notebook to connect to the printer. I can see the main computer (FAMILY) and also see the printer. But no matter how I try, I can't connect. I keep getting the 0x000003e3 error. ...
May 30th 07 07:17 PM
by Kcpirana Go to last post
2 167
Can't Connect To Network Printer by Don[_11_]
I have Vista on my HP notebook and I want to connect to the HP laser printer on my WinXP Pro desktop computer. When I try to connect with the desktop printer I keep getting a message that the local spooler is down. I have sharing turned on. Do I need to install a Vista compatible driver on my desktop machine? If you can help, thanks.
October 19th 08 02:23 PM
by Don[_13_] Go to last post
3 359
Can't Connect to Network Printer by [email protected]
I'm trying to connect my HP Photosmart printer to my Windows Vista laptop through my home network. When I open the network folder, I can see the printer, but the add a printer wizard can't find it on the network. This worked before - I've printed from this laptop to the same printer before, but I deleted the connection on my computer when I went back to college. Are there any settings that I...
July 10th 08 10:14 PM
by umbrellasys Go to last post
2 386
Can't connect to network printer but Vista has drivers. by LaureynsR
Hi, I'm a little frustrated, I just upgraded my workstation to Vista Ultimate 64bit and tried to connect to my Brother MFC-6800 which is on my Windows Home Server. I tried to browse to the printer and connect and the system adds the printer but has an error that the driver for that printer are not available. I went to Brothers site and they say the drivers should be available in Vista....
January 24th 08 05:19 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 328
Can't connect to networked Brother printer by IanB
I have recently upgraded my main computer to Vista HP but now I can't connect to my networked Brother printer which is connected to my XP-based "server" computer - although it worked fine before the upgrade! The printer is found in the network search and the pop-up is displayed to agree to the installation of the printer driver but then I get the error: Windows cannot connect to the printer....
August 10th 07 05:28 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
8 322
Can't connect to Windows XP Pro Shared Printer by Mike J[_2_]
I have an XP Pro PC on my home network and am trying to connect to a Lexmark X215 printer that is shared off of the XP Pro machine. I am connecting with a new Vista Home Premium Dell XPS M1530 laptop. The rest of the network is working fine - shared files, folders, access to the Internet, etc. The message I get when I try to connect is that Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 08 05:28 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
10 488
Can't create a custom page size by JeremyRS
Hi, I'm trying to create a custom size document in Word for using as the basis for artwork. I need it to be 21.2cm x 15cm. Word lets me create a custom size but because it's so close to A5 (14.8 x 21) it automatically resets it to A5 which is no good to me. From trial and error it seems that a custom size needs to be at least 6mm bigger than a set one for Word to accept it. Is there any way...
June 9th 09 01:04 PM
by JeremyRS Go to last post

From The