Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Adding network printer error by Frizzb
I have a machine running Vista Ultimate receives the following error when I select add printer, add network printer and then select one of the available network printers from the list: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (0x00000006). All of the printers available on the network show in the list as available to add, and it used to work from this machine a...
July 30th 07 04:02 PM
by Frizzb Go to last post
2 305
Laserjet 3052 is missing by Christian Møller Nielsen
Hello all. After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't find the printer and I can't select the...
July 29th 07 07:18 PM
by Christian Møller Nielsen Go to last post
6 422
Where is the fax printer? by Nigel Molesworth
I don't seem to be able to find the fax printer, on XP it installed automatically when it found the fax modem. Where is it? -- Nigel M
July 29th 07 02:17 PM
by Matthieu Go to last post
9 936
HPscanjet 4570c? by Huib
Hi, I thank everybody who tryed to help me into the past but unfortunally my scanner still doesn't work. The scanner is working on my old ME-pc ... To who has working the HPscanjet 4570c the following question: -What is mentioned within the map C\Windows\Twain_32 ? I have a map hsj_002 with the corresponding file and further a hpqgends.tmp file
July 29th 07 01:00 PM
by Huib Go to last post
0 341
Epson photo 890 not working by AntRenee
I recently had a printer connexion problem so removed my printer from Vista. Initialy when I installed Vista it knew my printer was there and just installed it. Unfortunately it knows the Printer is now reconected and tries to re-install it but seems to be unable to do so. Cannot use my original disk as I use Vista 64 and the disk is not recognised. Have been to the website where I seem...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 29th 07 08:12 AM
by AntRenee Go to last post
10 524
Hpscanjet - doesn't work? by Huib
Hi, Very strang as it is working by others: some as reduced funtionality or full. -the scanner is dedected automatically: but even fotogallery he is seen but after import no action, the same within Irfanview .. -after installing the SW - CD within the compatibility moet of XP - Service package the HP-dirigent is mentioning a compatibility problem.... -trying to repair the SW i got the...
July 28th 07 11:48 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
9 344
Invalid Handle with new install HP All-in-One printer - wireless s by Bet
This a copy of a post that received no reply, but is the exact problem that I am having. ANY suggestion out there? I've spent HOURS in Chat and remote access with HP and no resolution has been found. I just purchased an HP Photosmart All in One Printer 6180. I hooked this printer up to my wireless network at home. It connects fine, gets an ip and does all its functions normally expect one....
July 28th 07 09:06 PM
by Bet Go to last post
0 284
Installing Epson Stylus 740 printer by Steve
I hope somebody can help. I have recently switched computers and my new notebook is running Vista Home Premium (Acer Aspire 9410). While I was moving my data over, I was able to access my Epson Stylus Color 740 printer over the network when it was plugged in to my old notebook running XP and I could print fine from the Vista machine. Now I want to switch over 100% and this morning I tried to...
July 28th 07 02:46 PM
by Steve Go to last post
1 294
eFax by Vicki W
I began to download eFax, and decided to cancel. Since then my telephone won't work. When you call it, you hear fax squelch. When I began working on the problem, efax wasn't anywhere to be found on my computer. I installed and uninstalled, I sent efax an email describing the problem (no help so far). I don't have a home telephone because of efax. I need help.
July 28th 07 01:00 PM
by David A. Lessnau[_2_] Go to last post
3 608
HP Photosmart printer problem fixed by HB
FYI... The problem was in the Port IP Address. I went into the printer setup menu (using printer keypad) - network - network settings, to find the IP address (I printed it). Then I right clicked the printer icon under Control Panel - printers. Went into Configure to find that the IP addresses did not match. I changed it to match what I got from the network settings. Printer has been...
July 27th 07 06:00 PM
by HB Go to last post
0 326
vista business-windows fax will not receive automatically by mdades
i'm running vista business. windows fax and scan will not receive faxes automatically, even though i have the auto recieve box checked. all that happens is that i hear the ringing, and the fax staus window says "ringing". i've tried changing the number of rings, but that does nothing. windows defender firewall is on, but windows fax and scan is set as an exception. i can recieve faxes if...
July 27th 07 12:28 AM
by mdades Go to last post
0 306
Faxing from computer by JGB
Is there a faxing program I can install for my computer running Windows Vista Home Premium? I know there is one for Business, Ultimate and Enterprise Editions. Thank you!
July 27th 07 12:06 AM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 312
Viewing a .tif by Rob
I electronic faxes in .tif format. I've just installed Vista and can no longer view .tif files. I am prompted to find a program with which to view my fax. Is there no longer a fax viewer in Vista? And no file association with .tif?
July 26th 07 10:00 PM
by Paul Go to last post
2 277
Dell Printer (A 940) not working with my Toshiba Vista Laptop by Aubreybt
I installed the required Vista drive from the Dell website. The laptop actually shows it s the default printer in the controlpanel.When I try to print I get the message "Windows can not print due to a problem with the current printer setup"? What is going on here? -- The greatest man you ever saw was once a baby.
July 26th 07 06:26 PM
by DellCA[_2_] Go to last post
1 258
fax and scan stopped working...says RPC server is unavailable by Fon
My Windows Vista Business Fax and Scan program just stopped working. I recovered it back to the day it was working, but it still shows a status of disconnected and when I try to send a fax it gives me the following message: The message could not be sent. RPC server is unavailable. When I click Under Tools, Fax Accounts, the name is Fax Modem, the service is local fax (default) and the status...
July 26th 07 05:18 PM
by Fon Go to last post
0 280
Cannot install HP 450 mobile printer by Newbie cMw
I bought a used HP 450 mobile printer, because the ms site said it would work with vista. When I do add printer, it doses not show the printer I need, only a brother printer? When I go to the HP site, it says the driver comes with vista, but I cannot find it? Can anyone help me find the driver in vista, or know of a workaround.
July 26th 07 04:39 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
9 339
Vista Fax and Scan doesn't see old faxes from XP Fax in Outbox by chunnel
I just sent my first fax from Vista Fax and Scan. Then, after I created a Parent Folder called Fax in Documents and after Fax and Scan created the sent folder, I dropped in all 2,000 plus faxes into that same folder. I know that I have the right folder because the first sent fax is there. However, I want to be able to see these older faxes from XP in the Sent Folder in Fax and Scan, but...
July 26th 07 04:24 PM
by chunnel Go to last post
6 277
Ink Cartridge Change by Diana
I have been all over the properties for the printer and cannot find the screen that directs me to change the ink cartridge. Do I just change it and hope for the best? I can't even find the ink level screen. I have an hp PSC1350 all in one printer, never had this problem with XP. By the way I read the stuff on Epson, and that's the vey reason I thew mine down the trash chute at work! --...
July 26th 07 02:07 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 280
testing dk by Bjørn Larsen
this is a test
July 25th 07 09:38 PM
by Bjørn Larsen Go to last post
0 242
xps viewer by Huffy
running vista homw premium i can print to ms xps when i double click or try to open the document i get a quick blink and nothing happens - isn't ie supposed to open and display the document ?
July 25th 07 04:14 PM
by Huffy Go to last post

From The