Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Can't delete printer - Access Denied by Bill
A friend has a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home. He has a printer that cannot be deleted. When I attempt to delete the printer from Control Panel | Printers I get an "accesss denied" error. The printer had five documents in the queue. I cannot cancel the documents (no error message is given). There are two user accounts on the computer. I have tried to delete the printer from both accounts and...
June 25th 08 12:23 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
8 396
Can't delete FAX by Bill Leary
I have a FAX sitting in my "Incoming" box. The "status" says "Routing failed." When I try to delete it I get "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" followed by "Access denied." The details say Access is denied. (5, 10300000142)
November 7th 07 03:22 PM
by Bill Leary Go to last post
0 256
Can't delete network printer from Vista Home Premium by cfoulstone
Guys, I'm not an expert with a PC by any stretch, but I understand some of the more technical elements. I have print server with a USB printer attached to it that has previously worked fine. The printer was added to the Vista machine by way of the printer server name - in this case \\linkstation\lp. Recently the printer stopped working, and in an attempt to fix the problem I have removed the...
May 5th 09 04:41 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 236
Can't edit scanjet doc's in Vista by Burgandy
I have an HP Scanjet 5470c and used it no problems til I got my new Acer Laptop with Vista. Now it says "not compatible". I have learned to get around it somewhat by not using the buttons in the scanner but I am not able to edit what I've scanned. I get cross hairs instead of curser as if it were read only. If I can't edit my scanner is of not use to me. Has anyone else had this problem?...
January 1st 08 11:50 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 181
Can't fax from PC by William
I just purchased a new HP Pavilion Notebook with Vista Home Premium on it, and can't seem to figure out how to send or receive faxes. I used to send faxes from my old laptop, straight from MS WORD, by clicking print and choosing the MS Fax Driver. I can not figure out how to set this up on my new laptop. I also receive several faxes daily, and I like to receive them on my laptop, and view...
March 16th 07 10:14 PM
by Malke Go to last post
6 251
Can't fax or dial long distance numbers by Thorin
I am having a problem with the Windows Vista telephony. I have the Wall Line-Out plugged into the modem and the telephone plugged into the Line-In. If I open up the line on the phone and tell Outlook (or Dialer.exe) to call someone it works just fine as long as it is a local number with no area code. The problem starts when I attempt to call someone long distance or send a fax. In both...
June 3rd 08 04:49 AM
by Azim Go to last post
2 311
Can't faxing more than one page with Windows Fax And Scan by רועי
When faxing more than one page, the first page sent OK but the second page get "stuck". I hear the fax sound keep going and it won't finish sending until I press "Disconnect". The second page failed to be sent. It happens every time I send more then one page. If I send one page it's fine. I tried other fax software like MightyFax and it was successful every time. The problem is in Windows Fax...
November 25th 07 03:49 PM
by Chris Cowles Go to last post
2 434
Can't find printer on network by 5hulses
Presently, Vista is the only system that can't find my printer on the network. All my other OS is Windows XP. Have a Linksys router with a Canon printer. Why can it not find my printer on the newtwork?? HELP PLEASE TIA
February 11th 08 03:33 AM
by Bob F.[_3_] Go to last post
4 371
Can't Find Windows Fax and Scan by Brian
I have Vista Ulimate 64 bit upgrade installed. Under Programs installed windows fax and scan is and was checked when I started looking for program. It is not in the location that all the help areas state and even more confusing is I can not find it with a search either. Please Help! Where is this thing located if it is not in the following area: Click the Start button , click All Programs,...
November 7th 07 12:22 PM
by Brian Go to last post
3 270
Can't get fax working by Richard Ratner
I bought a computer with Vista that had no modem. I installed my old modem - vista didn't like that - BSOD on shutdown. Uninstalled that, bought new modem listed as Vista compatible, is in Device Manager as Agere Systems PCI SV92PP soft modem. It is listed as operating correctly. Today I downloaded from Windows Update an optional update which was a later driver, from 10/07. In Fax Settings,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 08 07:54 PM
by Richard Ratner[_2_] Go to last post
14 766
Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista by Monty Meyer
Help Please Someone! Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC with Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only will print what I tried to print during the last attempt to download the software to the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't print anymore. I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All the...
November 10th 07 03:42 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 344
Can't get my Canon printer on the network by 5hulses
Just got a HP Laptop with Vista...xp seems to be better so far. My problem is that I have printer sharing checked off & when I try to install my network printer ( which works fine on XP) it is telling me that it can't find it! What am I doing wrong? It seems that Vista doesn't have the icon " Network Setup Wizard" like XP has in the control panel. 1 for XP, 0 for VIsta! TIA
December 3rd 07 03:41 PM
by Daddy Tadpole Go to last post
6 399
Can't install a HP Laserjet 1000 Printer in Vista by CARLOS A. LEON P.
Hi: I'm trying to install an HP Laserjet 1000 printer in W Vista and I did can do it. Do you know any solution? Thanks in advance
August 3rd 08 12:05 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 310
Can't install a printer... by c2lAnE
Looking for a little help here, actually, ALOT OF HELP! I have two(2) computers, one(1) laptop; Dell XPS M1710, (less than 10 months old) & One(1) desktop;
July 19th 08 03:49 PM
by c2lAnE Go to last post
2 427
Can't install any printer, used to work by zephiris
Hi, I'm using vista ultimate x64, and no matter what printer i try to add, whether it be local port or network, or different brands of printers, none work and all come up with the 0x000005b3 error: this operation cannot be completed. I started having this problem after I had a power outage, but since then i have done sfc and chkdsk and fixed everything, except for this one problem. I really...
August 25th 08 04:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 360
Can't Install HP L7580 All-In-One by Tom Bean
I bought an HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One two weeks ago and have successfully installed it on another Vista system and a Windows 2003 server. I am having problems installing it on my system which also runs Vista. I have assigned a static IP address, 192.168.1.15, to the printer and can ping it and use IE to navigate to http://192.168.1.15 and view its properties. When I initially tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 28th 08 04:39 AM
by bob414 Go to last post
18 841
Can't install HP printer driver by Seekingoz
I have a new Sony VAIO laptop with Vista loaded and an HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One printer which I bought after I couldn't load the printer drivers for my old HP inkjet. (So much for that Apple commercial where PC says "Just buy a new printer"!)I have a separate, Vista-specific, install disk for the new printer. I get through the entire install and then, when I'm asked to install the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 07 02:05 AM
by Seekingoz Go to last post
11 594
Can't install my printer or digital camera on Vista by dgreen66041
I have a Lexmark 3100 Printer and an HP Photosmart R927 Digital Camera. I tried to install both of them, but they won't install. I get a message saying they are not compatible with Vista. It gives the Microsoft Windows website for help. Is there a way that I can install these on Vista? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
October 29th 07 11:54 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 267
Can't install network printer driver on Vista RC2 5744 by James Lynch
Hello there, Corey, I have the same printer Samsung CLP-500 running as a network printer and have exactly the same problem. However, opening an XP window in Microsoft Virtual PC, there is no problem installing the driver.As far as I'm concerned, it is the most serious defect of Vista and I'm running Vista RC2 version 5744. It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had problems...
December 10th 06 09:48 PM
by Dimpz Go to last post
3 525
can't install printer by sambhav
i unable to stall hp laserjet 1000 printer in window vista
December 30th 07 01:26 PM
by Malke Go to last post

From The