Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Can't install printer driver by Corey
I have a home network laser printer I'll linking with my notebook computer w/ Windows Vista RC1 installed. When trying to connect to the main computer where my laser printer is connected to...I get an error message which states that "Winodws cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Plese close some programs and try again." Also I notice that...
October 29th 06 05:14 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
4 649
Can't Install Printers in Vista by Clyde Bennett
I am unable to install any printers to any ports by any manufacturer. After I pick the port and point to the correct Vista printer driver for the printer, after a few seconds, I get the msg: "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002). Anyone run into this before?
August 1st 08 04:46 AM
by srussolillo Go to last post
4 354
can't install tcp/ip printer by CozmicOne
I’m having difficulty with installing a network printer in Visa Business. If I select Add Printer Add a network printer The printer that I want isn’t listed Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, and enter the IP address of the printer, I get the message “Cannot load wizard pages for standard TCP/IP port,” which doesn’t allow me to install the printer. If I install...
August 27th 07 11:16 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 369
Can't link to Prolink print server by Bob Tennent
I have been having trouble accessing my Samsung SCX-4200 printer via a Prolink PUB 2300 3-port print server. FIrst I installed the printer on my Vista Home Premium laptop and my XP desktop, and it ran on both with no problems. Vista downloaded an updated printer driver. Then I installed it on the print server, using my XP desktop. No problems to install, or connect from the XP machine.
October 25th 07 08:09 AM
by Bob Tennent Go to last post
0 225
Can't manage or view printers on a Hyper-V virtualised server instance by NZSchoolTech[_2_]
I have a server running Windows Server 2008/64 bit. I have used Hyper-V to create a Windows Server 2003 R2 virtual server which I want to install and use printers on. I have found that from a Vista client, I can connect to the virtualised server and can run Print Management on it, but the printers cannot be viewed from my Vista client over the network, nor can the Vista client's print...
December 2nd 08 01:47 AM
by NZSchoolTech[_2_] Go to last post
3 296
Can't network Canon Mx700 on Vista 64 by javamahnn[_2_]
(Running a home built, Vista 64 home premium machine) I am trying to network the Canon mx700 all in one printer for my families various computers to access. The printer installs on USB ( at least it printed, didn't check scan functionality) but when I go through the process of adding to network, i loose print functionality and the hard drive goes nuts. Steps i've gone through
June 20th 08 09:55 PM
by mgk007 Go to last post
3 456
Can't open "Printing Preferences" by RJA
I recently installed an HP psc 1210 all-in-one printer on my Vista machine and I cannot open the "Printing Preferences" option. A window flashed briefly then disappears. I have tried reinstalling and have the same problem. And yes, I am logged in as Administrator. Thanks
March 24th 08 10:02 PM
by gpsmith Go to last post
5 280
Can't Print by corinne
My husband is network savvy and has installed printer drivers on my Toshiba Satellite laptop that runs Vista Home premium. We have two desktops and three printers. With our desktops we can print on any of the three printers. With my laptop, we can print on NONE of the three printers. The laptop sees them, we hit print and get absolutely nothing. Nothing appears in the queue, nothing...
June 18th 07 06:21 PM
by corinne Go to last post
3 4
Can't print by Leslie
After doing a system recovery on my laptop, I can't print. Everything says the printer and drivers were installed. I could print before the recovery. If I plug USB into the laptop, it prints. When I try to print without the cable, I don't get an error or anything, it just doesn't print. I found something that says to /browse to the Temp folder of your user account,...
July 6th 08 07:56 PM
by Leslie Go to last post
4 5
can't print ...dll problem by George Wilkins
The error message tells me that there is something wrong with LXDDdatr.dll the printer is Lexmark 2500 I'm running Windows Vista
April 29th 10 05:44 PM
by George Wilkins Go to last post
0 685
can't print ...dll problem by George Wilkins
The error message tells me that there is something wrong with LXDDdatr.dll the printer is Lexmark 2500 I'm running Windows Vista
April 29th 10 05:44 PM
by George Wilkins Go to last post
0 416
Can't print all of a sudden by Cindy Campbell
I have a Canon BJC-2000 printer. All of a sudden I can't print. Get "error" message when I go into default prinit to see what's going on. It's all plugged in and everything. Just won't print. What's the problem? -- Cynthia J. Campbell
March 17th 08 03:50 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 289
Can't Print Color by Connie[_3_]
I have an HP 2210 and I'm unable to print in color. My color cartridge is good. I'm also unable to access printing preferences. No matter how I try to access preferences, it just flashes quickly and won't display. I'm wondering if it's some how set to grayscale. Any ideas how why I can't display preferences?
February 24th 10 03:00 PM
by Connie[_3_] Go to last post
6 638
Can't Print Color by Connie[_3_]
I have an HP 2210 and I'm unable to print in color. My color cartridge is good. I'm also unable to access printing preferences. No matter how I try to access preferences, it just flashes quickly and won't display. I'm wondering if it's some how set to grayscale. Any ideas how why I can't display preferences?
February 20th 10 09:09 PM
by Connie[_3_] Go to last post
0 379
can't print from ie by John A Grandy[_2_]
Vista Ultimate. IE7. Occasionally, IE gets into this mode where it won't print anything. The printer is fine ( other apps print , including driver test page ). Restart doesn't necessarily help. What could be going on ?
May 21st 08 11:58 AM
by Christopher[_4_] Go to last post
1 399
Can't print from IE anymore. OE print still works by DavePie
When I click on Print, I no longer get the Print w/select printer box. I get an error that Windows Internet Explorer can't find 'file:///C:/Users/DavePie/AppData/Local/temp/Low/H3GCTICR.htm". Make sure the path or Internet Address is correct. The name of each .htm file changes everytime. This was working. Could Iolo System Mechanic 7, Webroot: Spysweeper and/or Winwasher be deleting some...
February 17th 07 10:02 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 453
Can't print from IE In Vista Ultimate by I. Rau
I am having trouble printing from Internet Explorer. when I try to print, I get the message "This action is restricted. For more information, please contact your system administrator." I am logged in as administrator. What can I do to fix this? I can print fine elsewhere, just not from IE. I am using Vista Ultimate.
May 13th 08 04:34 PM
by Brian Go to last post
6 239
Can't print from IE7 by mikem
When I ask IE7 to print or print preview a page I get the message: "Cannot find 'file:///D:Temp/Low/3III8J41.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet Address is correct." (file name varies) When I close the popup dialog, I get a second instance of IE with a blank page. It also appears that IE creates the 'Low' folder in the temp folder, but leaves it empty.
April 5th 07 01:26 AM
by mikem Go to last post
1 316
Can't print from IE7 on Windows Vista Premium by PMM
Trying to print from web sites browsing with IE7 on a Windows Vista Premium PC. I can print without problems from Word or Windows Mail. Printer is a HP Officejet 5610. Any ideas what the problem may be?
June 26th 08 01:31 PM
by PMM Go to last post
5 460
Can't Print From Laptop to PC Printer by tab10us
I have a Gateway laptop that I updated with Windows Vista Ultimate about a year ago. I have been trying to print documents to the printer that is hooked up to my PC, but when I go to print nothing happens. I have installed the printer on my laptop, and it says everything is ready, but when you try to print a test page or anything else nothing happens at all. Help please!
December 19th 07 01:27 PM
by Malke Go to last post

From The